Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promac machines- What do we think?

Hi all...

I have the opportunity to add Promac machines to our range. There are two: a tanked model- the Promac Club PU/S and a Volumentric control model the Promac Club ME- which does not have a tank but will operate from a drum supply... Theyre heavy at 36kg  .

Specs look good with 4 litre copper boiler and 1700W element and they run on normal 10 amp. Im pretty certain that theyre a rebadged Rancilio Epoca.

Pricing is circa $2k for the PU/S and about $2.8k for the Club ME....

Thoughts??

Re: Promac machines- What do we think?

From someone who has very, very little experience:

- they look well-finished
    - the pressure dial looks small and awkwardly located
    - I like the steam wand on the r/h side! Does it swing out to the right or is it a ball valve?

Would be happy to leave some brochures for you where HN/Myers/etc display there machines

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1173568551/0#1 date=1173570200
      From someone who has very, very little experience:

- they look well-finished
      - the pressure dial looks small and awkwardly located
      - I like the steam wand on the r/h side!  Does it swing out to the right or is it a ball valve?

Would be happy to leave some brochures for you where HN/Myers/etc display there machines  
      The wand is ball-jointed

Comment

Nice looking machine Chris, but in terms of looks only your other machines kill it.

Cheers

Comment

Agreed Scott- price point is attractive though and competitive with new Bezzera at al....

Comment

Very tidy modern design. If the insides are as well finished and they perform well, id think they would sell, though appeal to a different market- the new Bezzera is great in the E61 style, but Bezzera sold well even before that. The same might be the case.
            Whats the service record of them like?
            Brett

Comment

Originally posted by telemaster link=1173568551/0#5 date=1173589497
              Very tidy modern design. If the insides are as well finished and they perform well, id think they would sell, though appeal to a different market- the new Bezzera is great in the E61 style, but Bezzera sold well even before that. The same might be the case.
              Whats the service record of them like?
              Brett
              Brett- I am just told that theyre a "good machine".

Visually, componentry is exactly the same as that of the Rancilio Epoca- so Id expect identical service and performance

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1173568551/0#0 date=1173568551
                Thoughts??
                The price for the EE version is nice, but have you had a chance to play with them? It looks like they might have the same group as the silvia and the s20 or whatever its called. On the other hand, Carl Sara, the NZ barista champ has an Epoca at home and he reckons its pretty good.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Havent played yet Luca. I see a Silvia group as well....

Im hoping to get one to have a look around in the next couple of weeks....

Chris

Comment

It might be worthwhile trying to get in touch with Carl about them before you get to have a try.

Comment

Hate to ask a dumb question, but is it HX?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G link=1173568551/0#10 date=1173592737
                        Hate to ask a dumb question, but is it HX?
                        Yes Matt ;-)

Comment

Errr, if it has a Silvia group I guess not... :-/ Thats what I get for getting distracted while typing.

Edit: Thats what I get for not waiting for the answer ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G link=1173568551/0#12 date=1173592856
                            Errr, if it has a Silvia group I guess not... :-/ Thats what I get for getting distracted while typing.

Edit: Thats what I get for not waiting for the answer  ;D
                            Doesnt work that way,
                            Matt- a selling point for Rancilio Silvia and ECM Botticelli is that even though they are large single boilers, they have the same group heads as models in the parent companys commercial lines.
                            Brett

Comment

Originally posted by telemaster link=1173568551/0#13 date=1173598238
                              Originally posted by Matt G link=1173568551/0#12 date=1173592856

Edit: Thats what I get for not waiting for the answer ;D
                              Doesnt work that way,
                              Matt- a selling point for Rancilio Silvia and ECM Botticelli is that even though they are large single boilers, they have the same group heads as models in the parent companys commercial lines.
                              Brett
                              But selling points are only ever comparative. The Silvia and the Botticelli are heads and shoulders above other single boiler machines because other machines have inferior groups. For the group to be a selling point for the Promacs, we would have to know that it can hang with other groups available on other machines in the same price range, which is why it will be important to Chris to actually use the machine ;P

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Working...
                              X