Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade my Giotto- Talk Coffee...

Talk Coffee Giotto Thermostability upgrade

Giotto with thermostability upgrade....Improvements on what is already a great machine!  8-)

Our upgraded Giotto offers better control of group temperature with decreased cooling flush between shots. You will also notice a subtantial increase in steam pressure.

Most e-61 based espresso machines tend to run hot- and the Giotto is a prime candidate for upgrade.

We used a scace device to monitor group temperature across 20 shots. After a long period of experimentation and and 12 months of testing on our Giotto, we offer a set of modifications and a full calibration of your machine to optimise performance. A modified Giotto is more forgiving and performs better than the standard machine. No other Giotto dealer has access to our specific calibration.

As of January 08 we have modified 50 Giottos with 100% customer satisfaction so we have long term experience with upgrades of this nature.

Talk Coffee can retrofit this to any Giotto premium and will this year release a modification set for the Vibiemme Domobar super and Diadema as well.

Re: Talk Coffee June specials...

hey chris, can the thermo thingy be purchased and added to my giotto?

Comment

Originally posted by mr fox link=1180142910/0#1 date=1180433570
      hey chris, can the thermo thingy be purchased and added to my giotto?
      Yes Andrew. PM sent

Comment

dropped giotto premium to 2mcm 9.30am wed morning for its pimping and picked the beast up later that day...took it home, plugged it in and wailked away...returned about an hour later and lifted the leaver to run the machine and see whats going on, just a gentle stream of hot water...nice, turned the steamed water knob and a nice gentle stream of boiling water, great..
        turned the steaming knob and WHOOOOSHHHHHH a great puff of dry steam consistant and the pressure valve not even twitching.....excellent.
        anyway the point being that anyone with this machine will know that it runs hot, and without its cooling flush you run the chance of bitter coffee...making two to four coffees a day aint that bad but once freinds come over and your pumping 10 to 20 lattes your thermal stability has to be fairly stable and the machine needs to be quick!...and boy after 2mcms performance enhancement, i think ive got 300 rwkw now! :P
        sat night was my sons 2nd bday and i think i pushed 10 lattes in about 15-20 min, the machine was keeping up with the demand with ease now...couple hot chocs too...
        so in all the machine is even finer than before and alot quicker...much faster recovery and extremely stable...texturing was a breeze and lightning fast.
        thanks in all to 2mcms performance enhancing pimping thingy...and quick turn around...

Comment

Hey Chris,
          You mind telling what you put in to pimp it? curious
          Id have to kill you if I told you.....oO(secret espresso techs business, a whole heap of experimentation and lots of intellectual property)....We aim to better control the temperatures at group head whilst allowing higher boiler pressure.

The Giotto is a sensational machine out of the box....does it need pimping? No....Does it make a difference? Yes...Small improvements to make the process a tad easier 8-)

Comment

What happened with my post? :S >.< Guessed you edited it
            Oh and is it possible to do it on other machines?

Comment

Sorry CK....I think I may have done that by accident.....At the moment my experimentation and learning is with the giotto....

Its feasible on any HX...its about first learning whats going on and then figuring out how to manipulate it....

Comment

if you ever get round to it, just to satisfy the geeks in us all. Id love to see the temp curve on the giotto, before and after the modification.

Comment

If rule #1- Check the grey before engaging the pearlies
                  then rule #2- Check the grey before pressing delete :P ;D

Could we hear a little more about the results of the mods on the giotto and if they effect warranty?

Comment

No effect on warranty Dennis- after all, Im providing it!

The ECM brains trust are aware that we are making modifications. We provide the warranty on the modifications.

Curves- maybe someday.....

2mcm

Comment

noob here.

what does 2mcm mean???

Comment

An abbreviation of his screen name 2muchcoffeeman

Comment

So Chris is this something (either physical or a single licence set of instructions) that can be purchased from you and installed at home, or does it have to come to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1180142910/0#12 date=1181549384
                            So Chris is this something (either physical or a single licence set of instructions) that can be purchased from you and installed at home, or does it have to come to you?
                            Well, If Chris would have to kill me if he told me what he put in it then I dont think he would put together an installation which includes instructions and parts :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Coffee Kid link=1180142910/0#13 date=1181550126
                              Originally posted by Dennis link=1180142910/0#12 date=1181549384
                              Well, If Chris would have to kill me if he told me what he put in it then I dont think he would put together an installation which includes instructions and parts :-?
                              Dennis- I regret it has to come to me. Its not only bits, there is recalibration too- needing  my pf pressure gauge to check that pump pressure is perfect as well as pressurestat adjustments. For those who need to ship a Giotto, well provide a subsidy for return freight.

One possibility is that I could do a few whilst Im in Sydney for Aromafest....

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X