Help...Gaggia TS or Expobar Minore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Gaggia TS or Expobar Minore?

Am looking to buy a machine in the $2,000-$3,000 range and after a little research have narrowed it down to either the Gaggia TS or Expobar Minore.

Just wondering if anyone can advocate either for or against lashing out on either machine.

Worth adding weve never actually owned a machine before so I suppose that makes us n00bs, but regardless were serious enough about our coffee to be willing to fork out for a machine whichll last the distance and produce excellently and consistently for the long haul.

Re: Help...Gaggia TS or Expobar Minore?

Originally posted by Streety link=1181199671/0#0 date=1181199671
    Am looking to buy a machine in the $2,000-$3,000 range and after a little research have narrowed it down to either the Gaggia TS or Expobar Minore.

Just wondering if anyone can advocate either for or against lashing out on either machine.

Worth adding weve never actually owned a machine before so I suppose that makes us n00bs, but regardless were serious enough about our coffee to be willing to fork out for a machine whichll last the distance and produce excellently and consistently for the long haul.
    No contest in those two....The Minore II hands down....At the very least, you should consider the Giotto/Vibiemme Domobar Super and perhaps some Diadema or Bezzera in amongst them?

2mcm

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Why so? Can you elaborate? Whats the problem with the Gaggia?

Comment

Originally posted by Streety link=1181199671/0#2 date=1181205852
        Thanks for the feedback.

Why so? Can you elaborate? Whats the problem with the Gaggia?
        Hey Streety- lots to talk about there in relatives pros and cons...Happy to discuss with you if youd like to give me a buzz. Ill try not to write a thesis here

2mcm

Comment

Ive never heard of the Gaggia TS, but I for one would be interested to know a bit about it in a brief comparo chart or something if you can provide Chris? Also useful for subsequent people with the same question...

Greg

Comment

Info and PDF files can be found here,

Mal.

Comment

The Gaggia is another HX machine but Id be inclined to stay away from the SS boiler (as I am led to believe) and the steam wand looks like its off a Saeco. Why not consider a Vibiemme instead?

The Minore II is dual boiler and much more thermostable. Our pimped Giottos are also performing beautifully ..

Comment

Thanks again for the input thus far...certainly willing to further consider some of the other makers suggested if their products stack up.

Just on the Gaggia, weve been given the option of having an alternative, commercial-grade steam wand fitted.

The Bezzera and Vibiemme look interesting machines...will evidently need to a little more reaearch.

Comment

The website shows the Gaggia as having a copper boiler. The steam wand looks like the same one as their domestic machines, though :P

It looks like it has the same perferated showerscreen and dispersion disc arrangement as the domestic machines too

Comment

theres a new player emerging after further research.

Dont suppose anyones aware of a site in Melbourne where the Bezzera Domus Galatea can be viewed?

Alternately, the Bezzera BZ99s looks intriguing too. ;D 8-) :-? : :P :-/ > Yes Im confused.

Comment

2muchcoffeeman, is the Minore II really worth considering against the Ciotto or the Domobar Super ? I know its got 2 Boilers etc and should therefore have great temperature control etc but made in Spain ? Its also very blocky and ugly - such big feet ! Like Uma Thurman"s . I also am trying to decide between the above machines as well as the new Domus Galatea (which might be better left alone till it irons out any teething problems ? ) but there doesnt seem to be any defining factor to help.

hotdog

Comment

HD,

For me, no...I believe in keep it simple- this will ultimately lead to lower running costs and reliability IMHO...That said, some prefer dual boiler and if thats the case, its Minore II, La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 or LM GS3 in order of $$ to $$$$

In addition there are significant differences in build quality. If you are in Melbourne, I have Vibiemme, ECM, Makin and Expobar on the bench....Come have a look...

Comment

2muchcoffeeman,
                          unfortunately Im in Sydney where its been raining cats and dogs and blowing a gale for the last 24 hours - wish i was in Melbourne where the sun shines 363 days a year - hang on, thats Brisbane isnt it ?
                          hotdog

Comment

Di Bartoli have a Minore you could look at.

(You dont notice the feet after a while and they are high enough to clean under the machine easily.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1181199671/0#13 date=1181294966
                              Di Bartoli have a Minore you could look at.

(You dont notice the feet after a while and they are high enough to clean under the machine easily.)
                              ;D ;D ;D Yeah...a bit like banging your head against a wall...after a while it doesnt hurt ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X