The CS wallet monster strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CS wallet monster strikes again!

Arrgh! I now understand why wallets get such a bashing here at Coffee Snobs.  [smiley=shocked.gif]

I posted an innocent question on the Minore frothing tip yesterday and ended up having my wallet lighter to the tune of 26 kilograms - thats the weight of a brand spanking new Expobar Minore 2   [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Many thanks to Chris/2mcm for his hyper quick responses - he must have been on a caffeine (extra?) high yesterday. He was a pleasure to deal with   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now, I have to fret and stew until the TNT man delivers Mr Minore.

Oh well, I might as well start prepping my beloved PIDd Miss Silvia and her trusty companion Rocky for sale - hopefully to another loving CSers home.

Re: The CS wallet monster strikes again!

I know the feeling.

My experience of buying the Minore II started as me looking at which of 2 machines I would consider buying in the future (IE: 3 months down the track). Somehow, I had managed to buy a Minore II off Chris about 1 hour later. I think he blinded me with shiny things!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

As I said, I also bought mine from Chris and echo the sentiment.

Its great to deal with someone who knows their stuff and stands behind his sales with great service.

Enjoy!

Comment

Congratulations Eran

I know your gunna love it.

I got mine from another CS sponsor about three weeks ago, and Chris also helped hughly while I was deciding. Seems to be quite a few MIIs appearing in CS kitchens recently ;D

We might have to form a sub group

Have fun, Gary

Comment

Ha ha, thats funny fatboy   [smiley=laugh.gif]

I thought I was weak - I had planned to spend about one month looking around and ended purchasing it within 2 hours.

Glad to see that somebody else was shot down even quicker than I was  [smiley=happy.gif]

We gotta get that duck rifle away from Chriss hot little paws   [smiley=grin.gif]

Comment

26KG..............is that all??
          I dropped in to see Chris and came away 28KG HEAVIER!!!..............
          Thats what the Vibiemme weighs! ;D

But seriously, many thanks to Chris for the help in deciding which machine to buy on Satuday
          Had her all setup Sat night after i got home & man is it awesome.
          Best shots i have ever pulled straight away with little adjustment at all.
          Although the Gaggia Classic did go out on a high note, as i needed a quick coffe while setting up the Domobar & I managed the best shot out the Gaggia for 3 years!!!
          Curteousy of the updosing Chris showed me no doubt.
          Here are some pics:

And so the Gaggia Classic & MDF are for sale - details in for sale section

Comment

Originally posted by VISAT link=1189037005/0#4 date=1189318514
            I  managed the best shot out the Gaggia for 3 years!!!
            Curteousy of the updosing Chris showed me no doubt.
            More likely a last ditch attempt by the Gaggia to unseal its fate.

Comment

Looks fantastic Visat! Congrats on the new setup...

Gotta get rid of those branded cups though...Any coffee served in them is guaranteed to taste a whole lot worse :P

Chris

Comment

Congratulations, Visat.

Wow! What a beautiful machine   [smiley=smiley.gif].

Look at those beautiful feet. I have not received my Mr Minore yet (expected delivery tomorrow) and I had been spending the long weekend, here in Sydney looking at pictures of the Minores gigantic rubber wading boots   [smiley=laugh.gif] Form over function, indeed.

After three days of trawling the net about those rubber feet, the only good thing I could find about them is that they really anchor the Minore down well and the machine does not budge even when tightening the portafilter. Oh, and also that you will get used to looking at them after a while   [smiley=wink.gif]

Hope you get tons of enjoyment from your new toy!   [smiley=beer.gif]

Comment

Congrats VISAT,

Youve done really well there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]..... What a beautiful machine 8-), you just cant help but make great espresso with that beauty. All the best mate ,

Mal.

Comment

ohh the dreaded CS wallet monster, Know it all too well heheh

Nice and SHINEY!

Comment

Yes, Ive been the victim of that monster too.
                      Never saw it coming. :-[

Comment

Go on Monti, show us the damage from the attack!   [smiley=evil.gif]

Comment

Here is the aftermath of the savage attack by the CS Wallet Monster:

[img]C:/\/Data/\/expobar compak.jpg[/img]

Hope the image shows - my first time doing this. If it doesnt show, can someone provide some pointers?

Unfortunately, my wallet is still in intensive care. It was touch and go there for a while but shes pulled through and is now being tenderly ministered back to full health by a very professional team - my bank manager and her team of doovlackies  [smiley=grin.gif]

Comment

Thought you were trying to say that theres nothing left.

If its a single image, just attach it from your hard drive. After the message window, theres a little location bar, with a browse button. Click browse and locate the image file. Otherwise you need to have a free image hosting service like photobucket, and attach the url of the photo/gallery with a hyperlink.

Comment

VISAT, one thought from your pics - if ya right-handed, reverse your set-up. Ergonomically, being a righty, having your grinder directly right to the espresso juicer, & beside the grinder right-side have your knock-box. Lifell be easier mate - try it!

Comment

Working...
                              X