Should I buy a Bezzera BZ99S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy a Bezzera BZ99S?

I currently own a great old Rancilio Aulbrey(pre Silvia) It is a great machine and very faithful.
    I came across a Bezzerra BZ99S that I should be able to get a good price.
    I am wondering if it is worth getting?  Is it any better than the Aulbrey?  Or save the money and get something better a bit later when finances are available.
    What would be the rough price of one 2nd hand please?
    Thanks for your thoughts  
    Andrew

Re: Should I buy a Bezzera BZ99S?

Hi Andrew,

I think you may find that your Rancilio is actually an Audrey. You will find she makes only sink shots if you call her by another name :P. The Audrey is a Silvia in a retro, powdercoat funky round case...

Re the Bezzera, the RRP is $2150 so base your buy price on the age and condition of the unit.

Comment

Thanks for that. The mind went blank with the name. I knew it started with an A. Nearly got it.
      Regards
      Andrew

Comment

The BZ99 - as long as it is in good condition, should make excellent coffee in expert hands. I owned one for many years and was very happy with this faithful workhorse. The machine has a much bigger bolier for starters, which means you can steam milk and extract a shot at the same time, and there is much less turn-around time between shots. In theory at least you can just keep pulling excellent shots from the Bezzera.

But be sure to check on the age of the machine, and how well its been serviced - and preferably have the machine checked out prior to purchase.

I still own a Bezzera (Domus) but not the BZ99 - but I have no hesitation in recommending them as an excellent machine, so long as they are well maintained.

Cheers,

Pat

Comment

Thanks for the info. Just waiting on a price now.
          Andrew

Comment

I can also vouch for the Bezzera..high quality Italian made machine.

Comment

Working...
            X