Diamond Italia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Italia

Howdy Coffenistas. Has anyone come across a prosumer machine known as Diamond Italia. Basic specs are: E61 group head, Copper boiler. Looks similar to the Giotto and retails for around $2400. It seems that theyre new to the market. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
    SloppyJoe 8-)

Re: Diamond Italia

Hi SloppyJoe. I think youve come to the right place. Look on the left of your screen and youll notice that Diamond C Services are sponsors here.

QUOTE: "We also have just launched our prosumer range of equipment under our own brand name "Diamond Italia" Home Espresso Machine"

Suggest you have a chat with them!.

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe link=1199782301/0#0 date=1199782301
      Howdy Coffenistas. Has anyone come across a prosumer machine known as Diamond Italia. Basic specs are: E61 group head, Copper boiler. Looks similar to the Giotto and retails for around $2400. It seems that theyre new to the market. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
      SloppyJoe 8-)

Hello Sloppy Joe,

We launched these machines in the Australian Market in September 2007.

All technical information available from our website at:

http://www.myitalia.com.au/technical-data.html

Details of retail outlets stocking this product available from our website at:

http://www.myitalia.com.au/retailers.html

Just key in your postcode for a listing of retail outlets closest to you - a working model should be on display as well.

We have most of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth covered.

Cheers,

Michael
      Diamond C Services

Comment

we have them in stock and on special at $1950 see here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933441

Comment

Re: Win a Diamond Italia

Win a Diamond Italia.

Just a note to let everyone know the competition that we are running with the launch of the Diamond Italia is closing on the 24th January 2008.

So anyone wishing to enter - can go to our site to register:

http://www.myitalia.com.au/

There are 3 Diamond Italias to be won - and as they say you have to be in it to win it.

Comment

Just a reminder that our $200 Cash Back offer on the Diamond Italia - finishes at the end of March.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1198151783

Got to our website and to check our participating retailer network - to take advantage of this great offer.

http://www.myitalia.com.au/retailers.html

Comment

Bargain.!

Youre not going to find a 1.8 ltr HX thermosyphon system with a Faema E 61 looking as good as this one does at that kind of price.
              The best bit is it gives you the opportunity with the savings to buy yourself a great grinder with it.
              If you dont have a great grinder you wont get good coffee - No matter how good the coffee machine is.
              Give them a look over. Probably the best looking machine out there.IMHO

Comment

If you buy today from me then the price is $1750 after cashback, cant argue with that. Has to be this month though so last day is today.

Comment

Originally posted by PCR link=1199782301/0#6 date=1206874198
                  Bargain.!

Youre not going to find a 1.8 ltr HX thermosyphon system with a Faema E 61 looking as good as this one does at that kind of price.
                  The best bit is it gives you the opportunity with the savings to buy yourself a great grinder with it.
                  If you dont have a great grinder you wont get good coffee - No matter how good the coffee machine is.
                  Give them a look over. Probably the best looking machine out there.IMHO
                  Problem for buyers is the lack of reviews or more detailed images on this machine.

After the rah-rah of the competition (Win a Diamond Italia!...ahve the winners been announced?), there was the cashback offer but nothing else.

Can someone post a detailed review? It would be good to see more photos, etc. Sure, the specs are great on paper but how does it drive?

Maybe Diamond C services should consider loaning out the machine to reviewers? This is done with other sites such as Coffeegeek. There just isnt much on the internet on the machine and people might be inclined to go with the tried and tested HX e-61 machines with tons of photos, reviews etc.

So, would Diamond like to lend me a machine to review?  

Comment

I dont sell the machine.
                    So i have no vested interest.
                    I do have a very beefy HX machine (for home)of my own and im in the industry.
                    Ive had the pleasure to play with it as i have with many others in its class.
                    You cant beat that particular package (machine for price)
                    There are many machines out there that might have different features but if youre looking for a HX machine and you cant afford the grinder if you buy one. Well this is the machine for you.
                    Seriously.

A long time after youre ashes to ashes or dust to dust someone will inherit it and continue to make great coffee.
                    Most of these machines have pretty much generic parts(Gicar - Mater p/stat e 61 showers and seals.. and Diamond C have been around for decades importing and sevicing machines. So the service factor isnt a problem.

Comment

We have had a few through our shop. After we bench tested the first one my business parter took it home to replace his Silvia. We bench tested it against the Bezzerea Domus, and kept in mind the Giotto which was unavailable at the time.

After a long play we concluded:

The shot qaulity was as good as any machine in its class. There are minor differences between machines but we decided that they would be unnoticable to 99% of customers. The steam power is good, more than enough for a few coffees in a row or some big jugs.

Pros: Small, looks great, easy to work on, light weight, great espresso and steam power, easy water refilling, large drip tray, looks, price, warrenty
                      Cons: Plastic sides, smaller boiler than competitors

In a home environment with 2-4 coffee drinkers we decided that the steam capacity (element Vs boiler size) was more than enough. Ergonomics were great. Vibration noise was minimal. Ease of filling and emptying were generous. We also opened it up and did a mock service, this was as easy as any of this class machine. Also a 24 month warrenty on parts and labour.

We do sell the Diamond Italia, Giotto and Bezzera Domus Galatea.

These machines cover a good price range and the quality is reflective. However I would not sell a machine I would not own, and They are all great machines for their price point. Under a budget you could get the Italia and a Mazzer Mini for the same price or less as a Bezzera and an Ibertal. I would go for the better grinder personally.

Comment

Machine is known overseas as La Nuova Era Cuadra, if that helps you to sniff out more info.
                        http://www.lanuovaera.com/english/cuadra.htm

Comment

Originally posted by vicroamer link=1199782301/0#11 date=1207036225
                          Machine is known overseas as La Nuova Era Cuadra, if that helps you to sniff out more info.
                          Thanks. Thats useful to know. Just like the Makin Espresso being a Maver, it looks like the Diamond Italia is a rebadged La Nuova Era.

Can Diamond C tell us if they did any tweaks to the machine? I know that David Makin had some input in his machine.

I found one (albeit positive) review of the Diamond Italia: http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/commercial/lanuovaeracuadra/geertdevries

Comment

Originally posted by shawn_low link=1199782301/0#12 date=1207042158
                            Originally posted by vicroamer link=1199782301/0#11 date=1207036225
                            Thanks. Thats useful to know. Just like the Makin Espresso being a Maver, it looks like the Diamond Italia is a rebadged La Nuova Era.

Can Diamond C tell us if they did any tweaks to the machine? I know that David Makin had some input in his machine.

I found one (albeit positive) review of the Diamond Italia: http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/commercial/lanuovaeracuadra/geertdevries
                            Im not sure what your point is Shawn :-?

Rebadging happens in all industries and is no secret in espresso machines. Whats important is whether its merchantable, whether its good and whether its supported. This helps prospective purchasers make their choices.

If you wanted to ask Diamond C about their machine, why not send Michael a PM or email?

He may have answers which hes prepared to share here or privately- or not.....

The machine will be on the bench soon at the showroom for a look/play and also to coincide with the launch of the grinder for loan scheme.

Chris

Comment

Im not sure what your point is Chris :-?

I dont think shawn was questioning the practice/ethics of rebadging so Im not sure why youve jumped on that.
                              It seems to me that knowing a machine is rebadged for the australian market helps potential buyers find out more about the machine. Given we are such small fish in such a big pond, details of machines that are sold under a different name here can be scarce unless you know the original name.

While obviously its ideal to bench test every machine on offer when picking the one that suits, its just not practical for those of us without our own test-bench in the sales room My practice & I assume the practice of many others when selecting a product is to narrow down my options via the information available on the net before going out & bench-testing the short list. Seems to me that this thread is in the spirit of potentially short-listing the machine in question.

On the question of whether modificationss have been made to the re-badged machine or not; this is just to help put the reviews for the original machine in context. Can they be read as is, or should they be read taking in mind that X, Y & Z have been changed to suit local conditions. In much the same way that we can read giotto reviews, but keep in mind that youve improved temp stability greatly.

While I understand the need to protect sponsors interests, I personally dont think stifling discussion in a forum dedicated to machine discussions is the way to do it. People are showing a genuine interest in the machine so better to discuss the pros & cons here in the spirit of openness & get reviews documented from people that have used the machine. A far better way to win over not just buyers, but long-term customers in my book.
                              Or are the brewing equipment forums to be limited to discussions on machines not sold by our sponsors (aside from sponsor posted advertorials), with all sponsor sold machine discussions held via email. That would be a great shame indeed.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X