X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Giotto Premium - Diagram of machine

Hi all,
    I am the proud new owner of the ECM Giotto Premium. I am wanting to know if anyone has a schematic or diagram of the internal components?

I have found useful tips on the following links but no diagrams.

http://www.giotto.com.au/giotto_usertips_a1.htm
    http://www.giotto.com.au/giotto_cleaning_a1.htm

And plenty of exploded diagrams on http://www.coffeeparts.com/ but nothing specific for the Giotto.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Re: ECM Giotto Premium - Diagram of machine

Coffeehead

<I am wanting to know if anyone has a schematic or diagram of the internal components? >
    I would be interested also.  I am the sort of person that likes to know what is under the bling.  It sort of helps me understand what I am doing and what Giotto is doing in spite of me.
    I have also found nothing anywhere.

dumiya
    Super proud ECM Giotto Rocket owner
    (Making better coffee each day)

Comment

A little note for anyone looking to buy a HX machine; something not generally mentioned in any of the reviews is the start up time of these machines...

The Giotto takes 8-10mins to heat up and become functional from a cold start.

I hope this info is handy for noobs like myself, as I got caught out this morning on the Giottos real first use (coming from a thermoblock system - ready in 2 mins).

Although not a really BIG deal, as the espresso out of the machine will more than make up for this, but it might help a prospective purchaser make that split hair decission between machines.

Its not like you can go away make a coffee and come back...  

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeHead link=1210165793/0#2 date=1210197850
        A little note for anyone looking to buy a HX machine; something not generally mentioned in any of the reviews is the start up time of these machines...

I hope this info is handy for noobs like myself, as I got caught out this morning on the Giottos real first use (coming from a thermoblock system - ready in 2 mins).

Although not a really BIG deal, as the espresso out of the machine will more than make up for this, but it might help a prospective purchaser make that split hair decission between machines.

Its not like you can go away make a coffee and come back...  
        Yes,

That applies to all HX/dual boiler, but Id be giving it 30 minutes minimum to get the group up to temperature...Its the same concept as your car- Just because the water is warm, that doesnt mean that the oil is

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Yeah my Minore BOILER gets up to temp in about 6 mins.... thats about the only thing that is up to temp though. I always give mine a minimum of 25 mins, 45 if I can, so that EVERYTHING is up to temp, and all that sourness can stay where it belongs.

Comment

Great discussions ....
            Great information.....
            Great machine....
            Wonderful suppliers....
            But back to the topic.....!

Are there any schematic diagrams or exploded parts diagrams of the Giotto Rocket (Premium) or any technical information anywhere?

There is a deadly silence....!

dumiya

Comment

Hi dumiya

You might try a google search? I did, and came across this as an example...

http://www.mrcappuccino.com/enduser/erancilioparts/giottoparts.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1210165793/0#3 date=1210198215
                Originally posted by CoffeeHead link=1210165793/0#2 date=1210197850

Yes,

That applies to all HX/dual boiler, but Id be giving it 30 minutes minimum to get the group up to temperature...Its the same concept as your car- Just because the water is warm, that doesnt mean that the oil is

Cheers

Chris

Sorry to continue off topic - but does anyone know how this compares to the Vibiemme Domobar Super Lever? Ive heard that it needs more like 45-50mins to get everything up to temperature. If the Giotto is quicker that would be good info to know.

Comment

The VBM actually reaches full pressure quicker that the Giotto.

Nevertheless, Id still be giving it 30 min ;-)

2mcm

Comment

I always allow at least 30min - you want the cups to be warm too

Good excuse to buy a timer switch for the mornings

Ron

Comment

My Expobar is on a timer and is on for almost an hour before I need to pour my first shot of the day.

It stays on for my wife to make her morning tea then turns off.

Id rather do this than have it be a few minutes shy of properly up to temp.

Comment

I have an old ECM parts manual with exploded diagrams of the Giotto.

Ill scan them and create a downloadable .pdf file of them for those who want one...

Might take me a little while but it will be done....

Stay tuned ;-)

Comment

If you want to warm your HX machine up faster, once the boiler is up too full pressure pull some blank shots. This will speed the heat-up time of the grouphead.

Java "Shortcuts R Us" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Pages 1-3

Comment

pages 4-6

Comment

Working...
                              X