This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECM Giotto Premium - Diagram of machine

Forgive me, but can you pls. be more specific? I see links to the parts, but not to an English language wiring diagram.

I have looked, but I must be going blind.

I know this is coffeesnobs, but hopefully you can help a bloke out and post the direct link.

Comment

Originally posted by 6572696373000 link=1210165793/37#37 date=1282487080
      A nice set of Giotto parts diagrams is here:

http://www.espressocompany.com.au/spare-parts/ROCKET-CATALOGUE-13.03.09.pdf

Eric S.
      Silver Spring, MD
      last two pages on this pdf link show two sets of wire diagrams

Comment

Originally posted by 6964717160696A736077050 link=1210165793/45#45 date=1294124218
        Forgive me, but can you pls. be more specific? I see links to the parts, but not to an English language wiring diagram.

I have looked, but I must be going blind.

I know this is coffeesnobs, but hopefully you can help a bloke out and post the direct link.
        Thanks mate. Appreciate the helpful help.

Comment

Hey Lattelover,

How did you go with your Giotto mods? You certainly got some both good and crazy info on this thread.

In short;
          1. The Giotto has a 1300W element. Given P=EI, then then the operating current at 240VAC = 5.4 Amps. A 10Amp SSR is more than sufficient.
          2. You do NOT need to break both Active and Neutral. Whilst I understand these are made for a global market. Italian wiring practises for the Australian market often leave me baffled. Breaking a neutral OUTSIDE of that box in Australia - with the exception of caravan wiring - is actually illegal.
          3. You do not need to be a licensed electrician to work on the INSIDE of your own machine.
          4. There is absolutely zero chance of sending 240VAC to the Telephone Exchange - unless your Giotto happens to be plugged in to the PSTN

Let me know if you need any further info.

Regards,

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by 584F4A47484459452B0 link=1210165793/48#48 date=1307784939
            Hey Lattelover,

How did you go with your Giotto mods? You certainly got some both good and crazy info on this thread.

Regards,

Sean
            Thanks for the reply Sean...I made some progress then have been flat out like a lizard and then went o/s for a few months - so its all still on my desk and not ready to go into the machine

Coincidently, I have picked this up in the last week and its been progressing well.

So far...

I have hooked in the SSD (40A)...so I think Ill be ok there Drives right off the arduino pin.
            LCD shield is on the arduino (but yet to fully integrate)....might have a challenge with # of pins used.
            Ordered Erics thermocouple and adapter...should be fun!
            Started on the capacitive water level sensor
            Streamlined the code and set up a simple java/php page to display toggle switches and display status
            Integrated alerts into my iPad via Growl (ie. water low)
            Integrated into MySQL database to store pour times, pour temp., alerts, on/off events, etc
            Tweaked the web page to return status of the machine etc.

Still to do...
            well, get it into final state and install it...
            Charting of temps etc.
            Pour light (led) to see the lovely crema)...and perhaps one for the steam wand....
            Finalise web page and reporting
            Update my Nagios server to monitor the Ardunio/coffee machine.
            server side script to turn on and off at set times.

Ahhh...so many plans and so little time to do them all!

Comment

any updates? saw a neet tweet to brew project ideal for turning the machine on and off remotely...

Comment

^Very interested

Is there any basic gear for networking it for on/off ?

Dont _really_ want to to ripping it apart, but if it needs to be done

Failing that, is there any good timer switches around? I have a crappy one I bought for next to nothing off groceryrun, but I cant even get it to work

Comment

Originally posted by 383F20520 link=1210165793/51#51 date=1332280264
                  Failing that, is there any good timer switches around? I have a crappy one I bought for next to nothing off groceryrun,
                  Yes. I have been running my machine off the same $10 timer for over 2.5 years. Buy a less crappy one.

Comment

Our kids wake up earlier than us, so I have them run into the kitchen, flick the switch on and go back to bed .... the buzz of the boiler pump sure beats any alarm ringing!

Comment

ECM Giotto exploded view and parts list post by dbernard moved here.

Java "Go docs go!" phile
                      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Ecm giotto

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                        I have an old ECM parts manual with exploded diagrams of the Giotto.

Ill scan them and create a downloadable .pdf file of them for those who want one...

Might take me a little while but it will be done....

Stay tuned ;-)
                        Hi There I know your posting is pretty old, but if you still have the file, is there any chance you could email it to me? I have just purchased a used Giotto and want to be prepared for any future problems.
                        Thanking you in anticipation

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by antigooner View Post
                          Hi There I know your posting is pretty old, but if you still have the file, is there any chance you could email it to me? I have just purchased a used Giotto and want to be prepared for any future problems.
                          Thanking you in anticipation

Mel
                          Uuummmmmm.....How about looking at the post immediately above yours.

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                          ECM Giotto exploded view and parts list post by dbernard moved here.

Java "Go docs go!" phile

Java "Or even simply looking in the Documentation section for this forum: Documentation - Pointy end" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Has anybody got a schematic for the Giotto PP v2?

From a visual inspection it's similar to the earlier models as posted above, but with some key differences in the pump to HX path.

Comment

Working...
                            X