Domobar durability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domobar durability?

Im just wondering. Since this machine is geared towards the domestic market, can it handle a higher volume use? Say 20 shots a day?

Re: Domobar durability?

Of course it can...any machine can. If youre wanting to know if it can handle 20 double handles in a row...thats a different story. Best ask the experts.

Comment

What I meant was will that sort of abuse decrease the life of the machine? and yes 20 double handles in a row.

Comment

Any given machine will be capable of making a specific number of shots. in that machine, some part will fail eventually. Some are considered service items such as brewhead gasket, steam and hot water seat gaskets, and brewhead seals.

The other part that is prone to failure is the pressurestat. The VBM Supers have a very heavy duty Pstat in them. its life can be extended by the wiring a solid-state relay (SSR) between the Pstat and the heating element.

So using it like that (20+ shoots a day) will shorten the span between servicing, but will not decrease the number of shots between servicing).

On the other hand, leaving a machine on all day is better for it that turning it on and off a few times a day.Leaving it on eliminates one level of stress on components which can eliminate one cause of failure.

The other benefit of the VBM Supers is that they are relatively easy to service because of the amount of space between components inside. That also is good for the life of the machine because with the electronics mounted in the bottom as they are, the space allows a freer airflow though the interior which keeps the electronics cooler.

Oh, just buy the freakin thing already! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G. link=1211719356/0#3 date=1211730423
          Oh, just buy the freakin thing already!   ;-)
          He did

Comment

Yes I did...

The machine goes on in the morning for a couple of hours then in the evening for a couple of hours.

Just thought I might be killing the machine....

Hmm....I should be more concerned about my health with the amount of coffee im drinking! :s

Comment

Ive been leaving mine on all day since I had it, turning it off overnight.

Comment

how long has it been?

Comment

6 days 2 hours 57 minutes (give or take)

Comment

Mines been on since Jan 2005. You work it out!

Evan.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan link=1211719356/0#9 date=1211802845
                      Mines been on since Jan 2005. You work it out! - Evan.
                      You didnt give a date, but if you powered it up on January 1, 2005, that would be approximately 75,686,400 seconds. There! I worked it out! ;D

Comment

Hmm I would assume having the machine on 24/7 would shorten its life? or at least the life of some components?

How are you finding it Evan?

Comment

No probs Gavin. The only thing I replace regularly is the group gasket which is easy & only costs a few bucks.

Comment

So the p-stat is going strong? Great to hear if it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan link=1211719356/0#9 date=1211802845
                              Mines been on since Jan 2005. You work it out!

Evan.
                              So youve never had a power blackout in all that time?? I find this hard to believe! Unless you live outside NSW ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X