Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giotto vs Isomac Millenium

Hi All

I stumbled upon this website as I am researching to purhcase a new espresso machine upgrade to replace my trusty Rancilio Silva. This is a fantastic and informative site.

As for my search I have narrowed down the machines to the Rocket Giotto and the Isomac Millenium. I was initially also interested in the Vibiemme super domobar but found it to be too large for my kitchen bench so I have excluded it from my short list.

I am interested in hearing about how others have found the reliability and ease of using these machines . thanks

Re: Giotto vs Isomac Millenium

Hi Vrasti
    I will give the Giotto a 10/10 for reliability and ease of use.
    The only issues i face are ones of consistency and they are all about the operator and not the machine

Mal

Comment

Thanks Bolb,

I couldnt agree more, the operator has more to do with consistency than the Machine.

I have been impressed with the reviews of the Giotto, so I placed an order today with Chris from Talking Coffee to purchase one . Chris has arranged to shipped a unit to me here in Sydney tomorrow which is fast. I have dealt with Chris over the phone and via email and have found the service to be great.

I cant wait for the Giotto my to arrive, I expect there to be a big improvement over my current Rancilio Silvia.

Comment

Originally posted by vrasti link=1213628768/0#2 date=1213707429
        Thanks Bolb,

I couldnt agree more, the operator has more to do with consistency than the Machine.

I have been impressed with the reviews of the Giotto,  so I placed an order today with Chris from Talk Coffee to purchase one. Chris has arranged to shipped a unit to me here in Sydney tomorrow which is fast. I have dealt with Chris over the phone and via email and have found the service to be great.

I cant wait for the Giotto to arrive, I expect there to be a big improvement over my current Rancilio Silvia.
        Please post your experience. Im thinking of the same upgrade.

Comment

Hi Vrasti
          I could not be happier with my Giotto.  Few top notch coffee places around here can match my cup of ristretto flat white.  ( I struggle to reduce the micro froth). There was of course a learning curve but not as steep as it was for my Silvia.
          Do not overlook the value of who you purchase it from.  
          The Coffee Snob sponsors are all dedicated to the perfect shot for their customers.  Sometimes there may be a bargain to be had elsewhere but it is just not worth it.
          My pimped Giotto is going very well.  In following some of the recent Coffee Snob postings i noticed that my Giotto steam boiler was marginally high.  I email my supplier (Chris).  Within minutes I got a reply than it might be good to lower it a fraction. Some parts take time to bed down.  With basic instructions from Chris (and the good internal design of the Giotto) I was able to adjust the pressurestat to the pimped recommendation.
          My supplier happened to be Talk Coffee but I know others that may be local to you are just as good.
          If you decide on a Giotto Rocket do get it pimped. Check that your suppliers knows what you are talking about - it will separate the sheep from the goats! This takes an excellent assembly product into the next level.  (performance to high performance)
          Hope this helps

David

Comment

oophs

My previous rely may be of some use to thoang

I seem to have been thinking about replying for too long.
            Vrasti, I am glad you chose the Giotto!
            Congrats on the Giotto
            Please post your experiences.

David

Comment

Thanks David

I appreciate your reply. Im very satisfied with the price I paid for the Giotto and found Chris to be very helpful, your comments reinforce that for me.

Unfortunately, the courier company didnt deliver the Machine today as expected. I gave them a call to follow up and they assured me they will deliver it in the morning. Once I get the hang of it i will post my experience. I have waited a long time to up grade and now I cant wait to get my hand s on it and make that first cup of espresso.

Comment

Working...
              X