Giotto premium plus- discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Giotto premium plus- discussion thread

I suspect my brew temperature is a little low.

Can I take any useful measurements from either the espresso or water directly from the group head?

I have an infrared thermometer and highly accurate Thermapen.

Also, how can I tell if the machine needs descaling? Its been in storage for 6 months.

Comment

I was wondering what to do for when one goes away.

In October I am going overseas for about 4 weeks. What should I do with my Giotto during that time. I assume just leaving it there with water is most likely not right.

Also flynn I note that you flush about a litre through after you clean with cafetto is that for any particular reason or just something you personally do?

After cleaning I make a shot with some slightly stale grinds and am good to go. I just got that from the cleaning instructions really.

I have actually never washed out my water tank to be honest. Since inserting it I have just re-filled with a jug of filtered water from my tap.
      :P

Comment

Originally posted by 7679736572766475170 link=1218965225/136#136 date=1275876667
        In October I am going overseas for about 4 weeks.What should I do with my Giotto during that time.
        I simply give it a normal detergent backflush if it is due and then empty the boiler.

When finished with the machine, turn it off and remove the water tank. While the machine is still hot, direct the hot water tap into the sink or a container that can cope with at least 2 litres of boiling water. Turn the hot water tap on and let the hot water drain out of the boiler - tilt the machine by raising the left side to help drain it as much as possible.

Then thats it. When you come back, make sure the water tank is full and the hot water tap is off and turn the machine on. It will fill the boiler - takes up to a minute - and away you go when the machibne gets up to steam.

Originally posted by 7679736572766475170 link=1218965225/136#136 date=1275876667
        Also flynn I note that you flush about a litre through after you clean with cafetto
        Always clean water flush after a detergent backflush (to remove traces of detergent) and then pour a seasoning shot. Directions should be included with the backflush detergent.

Oh and, yes, do clean your water tank occasionally even if you use filtered water.

Comment

Originally posted by 3E34213636392D2B580 link=1218965225/137#137 date=1275878907
          Oh and, yes, do clean
          Thank you for the advice much appreciated.

It is a wonderful machine that I enjoy everyday ;D

Comment

Working...
          X