Too many to choose from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many to choose from

[ch65279]Hi everyone. I’m looking for an espresso machine that is capable of pumping out multiple milk bassed coffees. I have a Gagia classic that is fantastic for one or two coffees at a time, but now that the kids (teens) are hooked as well I am finding that more often that not I need to make 5 or 6 or more in one go. So I’m stepping up.

Units like the ECM Giotto and Unico Splendor are very pretty looking machines but are they
    mostly show and will they stand up to hard use? The Rancilio S24 has been recommended
    also. I don’t want to go any larger in size than the Rancilio or my wife will go nuts when I
    put it in the kitchen.

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated. I would hate to blow $2500 and not be
    happy with the machines ability.

Re: Too many to choose from

Hi Rio-Negro,

Where abouts are you located? Your best bet is to hit up someone who has all the machines on display to try out. The S24 I think is more commercial - is that something you want or more a prosumer machine like the others you mentioned. Im sure your wife would prefer the look of the prosumer machines.

YeeZa

Comment

Hi Yezaa
      Im near Tuggerah (NSW Central Coast) no one has them all together up here.
      I guess I am leaning more to the small comercial, but this is mostly because if Im going to spend this amount of money I want to be able to cope with small partys like Christmas and be able to pump out 12 to 20 coffees in just a few mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Rio-Negro link=1220843273/0#2 date=1220844656
        Hi Yezaa
        Im near Tuggerah (NSW Central Coast) no one has them all together up here.
        I guess I am leaning more to the small comercial, but this is mostly because if Im going to spend this amount of money I want to be able to cope with small partys like Christmas and be able to pump out 12 to 20 coffees in just a few mins.
        Hi Rio and welcome,

In your nominated price bracket, Id suggest the Vibiemme Domobar Super.

With a 2.7L boiler, commercial pressurestat and massive steam, coffee for 50 people will be a walk in the park for this machine. I suspect you will find it copes better than some "commercial" machines of similar capacity....

We have a great special on the black sided version at present and its well within your price range. Further info http://www.talkcoffee.com.au/equipment/coffee-machine-vibiemme-manual-stainless.php and also http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911/7#7

You are most welcome to make contact if youd like to discuss the machine in more detail.

regards

Chris

Comment

[ch65279]Hi Chris
          Thanks for that, I’ll call you and have a chat.

To everyone else, I’d still love to hear your feedback, especially someone who has one of
          these machines and uses it a lot.

Comment

Central coast is only a short drive to Sydney
            To have a look, use and feel of some great machines go to
            Di Bartoli Coffee Center in Bondi Junction
            Jet Black Espresso Cremorne

VBM super is a great machine that Chris has recommended

Ohh
            Dont forget the Bezzera machines

KK

Comment

Hi Rio-Negro!

I have a Unico Splendor, and when I get alot of people over, (usually upto 6) the machine copes very well with the load. I have had my machine for 10 months now, and it has been absolutely brilliant.

Chris is the man to talk to, about all your coffee needs.

-Linda

Comment

Hi Linda

I was showing my wife all of the machines on Chris web site and shes with you on the Unico Splendor. It is a very good looking machine. However being male Im leaning to the bigger ones. But I guess it is her kitchen so the Splendor it may be.

Comment

Most of these machines in this range (price range) will do a similar job as far as being capable of producing back to back shots. Ive heard of the Bezzera pumping out 50+ coffees, the Giotto doing the same. Ive personally been able to pump out 65+ back to back, sometimes with two people on my machine (one on shots, one on milk), without any lag or notable change in consistency (and no complaints ).

Like Chris has said the VBM DS is a top machine too and has a great build quality.

Like I said, check em out though and have a play, its the only way make sure youre gonna be happy with what you get.

Definitely give the CS site sponos a yell though. Its a wealth of unbiased knowledge without the pressure of buying.

Comment

[quoteRe: Bezzera Domus Galatea
                    « Reply #7 - on: 05. Sep 2008 at 06:16 » I bought my Bezzera from Di Bartoli 12 months ago and Im happy to report its still going strong - I used it to make 180 coffees (including hot chocolate and chai lattes) at a school fate last weekend and the machine worked wonders and so did I (making approx one coffee every 1.15 min for 4 hrs in a row on a one group machine is hard work I tell you!)

Pat[/QUOTE]

Above is a post from askthecoffeeguy about his Galatea
                    Its the same Bezzera as mine and its one beautiful machine that does the job without complaints

My Bezzera is a wife sanctioned purchase

One question Roe-Negro ? what grinder are you thinking of getting as you should address this question as well

KK

Comment

oh and for the record, I reckon that these machines are capable of punching out many, many coffees back to back, but I wouldnt plan on doing it too often. I probably push my Expobar to those lengths(50+) about once every 3-4 weeks or so.

Comment

Hi Koffee Kosmo

Im ok in the grinder department - I have a Mazzer Luigi. My wife calls it "the huge ugly looking thing" because it can hold a full kg in the hopper. ;D

Comment

Great grinder mate
                          Now after you get your dream machine what are we going to do with you when the roasting bug bites

We love our home coffee bean roasting
                          KK

Comment

Yeh, Im not sold on home roasting yet.

One of the guys at church roasts at home and I think the coffee I get from my roaster is better. My roaster says that its because a large roaster does a more even roast, but he would say that.
                            I go through about 1kg every two weeks and because I buy so much it works out at around the same price for green beans as it does for roasted ones.
                            Never the less, Im sure that after spending time talking to you lot I will be converted soon enough.

Comment

I remember when I said I couldnt see myself getting into roasting.......................................... .......................

Comment

Working...
                              X