Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isomac Mondiale vs Alba - Any advice for a newbie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isomac Mondiale vs Alba - Any advice for a newbie?

Hi,

Really happy to have you guys to talk to about my dilemma. I am a complete newbie to high end espresso machines and wondering if anyone can shed some light on these two models? In addition, do you think Isomacs are reliable?

Thank you!

Re: Isomac Mondiale vs Alba - Any advice for a new

Sevengrams;

This may help:
    * ALBA The Alba is a 30th Anniversary model

FEATURES
    Stainless steel construction
    E61 group head
    Heat exchanger
    Thermo syphon circulation
    Semi automatic
    "Cool Touch" Steam & hot water outlets (Tap system)
    Automatic low water shut off with LED display
    Single & double portafillers
    Vibrating pump

TECHNICAL DETAILS
    VOLTAGE 240
    POWER (W) 1400
    PUMP PRESSURE (atm) 12 - 14 (this can be adjusted
    WATER TANK (lt) 3
    BOILER (lt) 2.2
    WIDTH (mm) 420
    DEPTH (mm) 280
    HEIGHT (mm) 420
    WEIGHT (kg) 21

* MONDIALE

FEATURES
    Stainless steel construction
    E61 group head
    Heat exchanger
    Thermo syphon circulation
    Semi automatic
    Steam & hot water outlets (Lever)
    Automatic low water shut off
    Single & double portafillers
    Vibrating pump

TECHNICAL DETAILS
    VOLTAGE 240
    POWER (W) 1400
    PUMP PRESSURE (atm) 12 - 14
    WATER TANK (lt) 3
    BOILER (lt) 2.2
    WIDTH (mm) 340
    DEPTH (mm) 485
    HEIGHT (mm) 430
    WEIGHT (kg) 25

Regards

Renzo

Comment

My parents have a Mondiale and I rate it very highly. Capable of making great coffee, easily at the level of a Giotto. Mondiale is a big beast though, takes up a lot of space (in all dimensions) and doesnt feel as solid as a Giotto, but Id still strongly consider one at that price point.

Comment

I have the alba, could not be happier with it, really happy with the cool touch steam wand and hot water wand, I was going to buy either the Alba or the Mondiale, but was looking at the alba for so long i couldnt go past it, and I thought it looked better. I have heard the flick taps on the mondiale get hot? And my machine makes a cracker of a coffee.

Comment

Yes- both good machines.

I have trainied a few clients on the Mondiale and its a very good machine and produces great shots when correctly set up.

Im not a fan of flick taps...Way too deja skool for me...

Id like to see a gutsier element though. Many 2 (ish) litre machines are running elements in the to 1700-2000 watt range and this would certainly aid recovery. At least better than some of the Elektras though with 2L boilers and 800w elements...

Chris

Comment

I have a Isomac Mondiale at Home and my father has a Isomac Alba two very different machines obviously me and me Father have 2 very different tastes.
            Both make a sensational coffee.
            Both are extremely quiet.
            Both have stainless steel chassic this is very important to me especially knowing my machine weighs 5 kilos more than the Alba!
            Since my machine was going to be on display on the breakfast bench I was keen to have a machine that was not only impressive to operate but also must be impressive on the eye.(those hand made side panels are simply sensational) The steam lever style tap makes it almost impossible to stuff up stretching your milk.
            However my father has restricted space in his kitchen so the only position me could put a coffee machine is up against a wall so the mondiale was definatelly out of the question hence it why he has a Alba. He said it was love at first site bit a worry since he is in his 70s
            The choice is very simple it is purely about your taste ?
            If any one has ever researched the history of Isomac Italy the Isomac Alba was designed by the founder of Isomac Giovanni Fontano and his son Roberto designed the Mondiale.
            This probably explains me and my father having to very different machines but like the founders of Isomac we are both 2 very passionate.
            My father bought his first Isomac machine in 1978 thats is 30 yrs with the same brand of coffee machine you have to love that. If they werent reliable do you think my father would have bought another one?

Comment

Thats a great story Gabrielle!! Isomacs are great machines. Although I dont own one, Id have one.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielle link=1227166249/0#5 date=1227685552
                My father  bought  his first Isomac machine in 1978........... If they werent reliable do you think my father would have bought another one?

Hard to argue against that logic  

Comment

I had the pleasure of pulling some shots on a Mondiale today and was impressed with the ease at which I was able to pull an espresso, the controls were easy to use, the steam power was impressive and being able to pull shot after shot and steam milk continually, I have totally convinced myself that I need an HX machine!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X