Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minore III Design

Hi all,
    I was quite pleased to see, that Expobar has obviously changed one or two things that really put me off buying a Minore I or II:

1 - A power switch that is more consistent with the looks of a stainless steel, mechanical machine
    2 - slightly smaller temp display that doesnt look like someone pimped a vintage car with a digital speedometer
    3 - a steam wand that wont cause burn blisters
    4 - smaller feet that dont make the machine look too tall in relation to its width and depth

I know these are issues that hardly affect coffee quality, which is what you buy a machine for. However, at least to me design is not completely unimportant, especially when there are a few similar machines around.

I hope to see some more pics of the Minore III and get more details soon - or even better, get hands on one myself. Maybe one of the site sponsors could post some images, as even on the Expobar Australia website theres no info yet.

Cheers,
    Norman

Re: Minore III Design

Hi  Anaestralia,

Heres one for you:

You can find more pics on this thread:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1227835388

charlie

Comment

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for that prompt service.
      Sure looks like this could be the machine Ive been waiting for. :P
      Do you have any idea what the extra charge for a rotary pump will be?

Cheers,
      Anaestralia

Comment

Originally posted by Anaestralia link=1228290455/0#2 date=1228306618
        Hey Charlie,

Thanks for that prompt service.
        Sure looks like this could be the machine Ive been waiting for.  :P
        Do you have any idea what the extra charge for a rotary pump will be?

Cheers,
        Anaestralia
        Hi Anaestralia

Budget an extra few hundred- but get in quick. I understand that Expobar prices will be increasing on 01/01/09

Comment

RRP for the Rotary pump version of the Minore III is $2887 until end of the year.

charlie

Comment

Just one more question... The rotary pump model needs to be plumbed in, I guess??

(Just asking, as the Alex Duetto seems to be the only machine that has a lever to allow switching between tank and mains water supply - quite clever, I think.)

Comment

Originally posted by Anaestralia link=1228290455/0#5 date=1228390030
              Just one more question... The rotary pump model needs to be plumbed in, I guess??

(Just asking, as the Alex Duetto seems to be the only machine that has a lever to allow switching between tank and mains water supply - quite clever, I think.)
              Yes- it needs to be plumbed. The Iberital LAnna (Handy) has rotary pump and tank and can be switched. Site mod Scootagal has one and has been thrilled with it. Its a very robust and well built machine. Should be available from any Expobar seling site sponsor- Talk Coffee, DiBartoli et al....

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Anaestralia link=1228290455/0#5 date=1228390030
                Sure does.

charlie

Comment

Anaestralia;

The Expobar Minore, Iberital L Anna, Alex Duetto and the Bezzera Domus are machines the any one can consider for plmbed in unit. Diadema has one as well that is a rotary pump plumed in for home.

Best regards

Renzo

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bartoli link=1228290455/0#8 date=1228437103
                    Anaestralia;

The Expobar Minore, Iberital L Anna, Alex Duetto and the Bezzera Domus are machines the any one can consider for plmbed in unit. Diadema has one as well that is a rotary pump plumed in for home.

Best regards

Renzo
                    Correct you are Renzo, however, I think the writer is looking for Rotary + Tank + plumb option. As far as I recall, only the ECM Veneziano and Iberital Handy are in this group with the Veneziano no longer being available.

Chris

Comment

My apology for the confusion:

So in this case you are correct, ("well in most of the cases but not one is counting") jajaja .....it has to be the Iberital.

Renzo

Comment

Just posting to get my count up here. I have an Iberital L'anna Handy which has done good duty for me, but time to move on so I am posting it for sale. I would certainly recommend it. It's good to know it might be plumbable as well. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X