Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBM Domobar Piccolo

Hi All

Could some one please point me in the right direction, Regards the position of the brew lever shoud be left in after use..

Downwards position or middle with no weight on the springs...Thanks Gra

Re: VBM Domobar Piccolo

Always in the down position. The only time I have it in the middle position is in the process of turning it off or on. If Im using larger glasses, sometimes I will move it to the middle position, remove the glasses then turn it off (as the glasses stop the lever from being turned all the way off.

When I first bought my Piccolo, I was advised to pause in the middle position until you hear the 3-way valve release before turning it all the way off.

Nice kit BTW Gra. What do you have the DMM connected to? Nope - just saw your tagline (boiler). How do you use this during a pour?

Comment

Thanks for that Flynn ..

The DMM gives me my pour tem after I steeming milk when im making 4 or more coffees by flushing till I back to pour temp ....

Cheers Gra

Comment

Originally posted by Gra link=1231473309/0#2 date=1231477733
        Thanks for that Flynn ..

The DMM gives me my pour tem  after I steeming milk when im making 4 or more coffees by flushing till I back to pour temp ....

Cheers Gra
        Good idea. I was going to go for one of Erics adapters (see this thread too if you havent already ) Perhaps when the exchange rate improves although they arent that expensive I guess.

After priming the boiler via the hot water button (after steaming milk) I will also run water through the grouphead until no steam appears - and give it a clean with the grouphead brush while Im at it.

Comment

NB all I have seen a few cooked elements recently.

I think whats happening is that some owners are pulling 4,6 or more shots and then texturing multiple jugs.

Keep in mind that the machine is really designed to make a couple of coffees and then for the boiler to be re-primed. If you run the boiler dry texturing milk, you have to factor in the risk of element failure and the associated expense of repair. An element replacement requires boiler removal which means at least an hour of labour- i.e $$$ out of your pocket!

Better safe than sorry and broke guys

Chris

Comment

I guess that raises the question about how many consecutive shots and jugs of textured milk is the maximum from one full boiler .  It seems tedious to pour 2 shots, texture, prime the boiler and then repeat.

I guess with a 700ml boiler, after pouring 3 double shots, youve used about 200ml of water, leaving 1/2 litre for steam. I dont know how it could be calculated to determine how much milk could be textured with that much water.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn_aus link=1231473309/0#5 date=1231483282
              I guess that raises the question about how many consecutive shots and jugs of textured milk is the maximum from one full boiler .  It seems tedious to pour 2 shots, texture, prime the boiler and then repeat.

I guess with a 700ml boiler, after pouring 3 double shots, youve used about 200ml of water, leaving 1/2 litre for steam. I dont know how it could be calculated to determine how much milk could be textured with that much water.
              Dunno :-/,

Youd also need to factor in the element mounted vertically within the boiler from the base and how much water can be removed from the boiler before a substantial proportion of the element glows red hot...and for how long it can?

I have left my car boot machine switched on for quite some time with a full boiler with no probs. Id reckon that if you texture milk and forget to reprime and then switch off you could have issues. Switch on in the morn and forget again and youd probably be flirting with danger....

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1231473309/0#6 date=1231486306
                I have left my car boot machine switched on for quite some time with a full boiler with no probs.
                EEEKKKK EEEKKKK

does this actually mean how it reads??

You have a coffee machine in your car boot!!!!!! *gasp*

now that is not just a coffee snob but a serious addict ;D

You actually pull over on the side of the road to make yourself an espresso!!!! 8-)

Sorry for the off topic hijack but that just still has me quite stunned ;D

Comment

lol Oonga....

Not literally, but I do use a Diadema Perfetta and ECA KS as my weekender. If were driving there, a machine goes with us. Cant trust dodgy cafes

Actually, the list of stuff I have accumulated is a touch embarrasing :-[

Comment

oh now i am almost disappointed ROFL

i was about to rush out and exclaim to my partner

Do you know that Chris pulls over on the side of the road to make an espresso from his car boot machine!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Oonga link=1231473309/0#9 date=1231488145
                      Do you know that Chris pulls over on the side of the road to make an espresso from his car boot machine!!!! LOL
                      I bet Chris has thought long and hard about this.... If only? :

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1231473309/0#10 date=1231491105
                        Originally posted by Oonga link=1231473309/0#9 date=1231488145
                        I bet Chris has thought long and hard about this.... If only? :

Mal.
                        Shhh ..greenman could be reading this  

Its been done - see here

But if you cant have your coffee machine in your car, try the other way around

Comment

Working...
                        X