X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isomac Alba vs Millenium Duo

Hi,

(first post ever...)

I am about to upgrade my current Isomac Zaffiro machine to either a Millenium Duo or Alba.

After some extensive web research I still have the following questions:
    • Is the internals of either machines truly the same ? Since the weight differs by as much as 1kg (21vs22kg) ?
    • Are the boiler made of the same material (copper, ss) ?
    • Automatic Boiler leveling ? Does this mean the pump automatically start to fill the boiler as/when required  ?  
    • Are all the internals connections made the same (e.g. copper, no plastic tubing)
    • Anyone with internals photos ?
    • Fewer shops seems to sell the Alba ? Wonder why ?

Thanks

Oli

Re: Isomac Alba vs Millenium Duo

Hi Oli:

* The Isomac Alba was made as special 30 years anniversary machine. The main different is the two gauges on the top of the machine and the a sensor led showing the level of water in the tank and make sure that you never run out of water. As well it has 2.2 lt boiler

* All Isomac boiler is S/S

* Yes, all HX has this feature, is call re-fill solenoid, and is regulated by level probes

* Basically this machine is the same of the Milleniun with the above changes.

* Sorry I do not have any pictures of the internal of this machine

* We sell all Isomac machines, the reason why we do not have this machine in the bench is because luck of space, as you know Di Bartoli has one of the biggest variety of espresso machine in Australia

Hope all this help.

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

I have the alba, and am really happy with it, although the bottom needle shakes form side to side instead of reamaining steady, the shop I brought it from checked it out and reckon theres no fault, but the gauge doesnt work as it should, although the coffee has not changed. I would recomend Isomac although in 3 trips back to the shop they say they cant find the fault, all I know is that the gauge doesnt work properly but it doesnt seem to affect the coffee. Its more to do with the after sales service not being up the the level I thoiught it would have been at.

Comment

Thanks for the replies all !

I picked up the Isomac Alba from Renzo and Ofra (Di Bartoli) on Friday evening and it looks awesomely retro and stylish !!!  

I have already opened it today to check the inside of the machine !

I took several photos and may upload them photos to share as I found there were very little reviews, photos on this particular Isomac model.
        • Ah, correction the boiler is 1.2 litres (not 2.2 liters like the Mondiale).  Good: it should recover pretty quickly but it may run out of puff for extended foamy white coffee...

FishingLizard: I checked the brew head gauge today and it seems steady.  However, the first machine that Renzo got from the rep, the gauge was faulty !

Oli

Comment

Great news! I look forward to your updates, including photos, as I am also thinking about an Isomac machine and there is not much on the Alba. Good luck with driving the new purchase.

Comment

Quote: Ah, correction the boiler is 1.2 litres (not 2.2 liters like the Mondiale). Good: it should recover pretty quickly but it may run out of puff for extended foamy white coffee...

Oli, Ive got the Tea and same size boiler as you, with boiler set at 1.5 there is ample steam for most occasions, I set the boiler down to 1.2 and noticed the steam dropping off a little so set it back at 1.5 it runs a bit hotter, but a flush before brewing and shes ready to fire.

Comment

Guys,

I am writing like a "mini review" and should post it in a couple of days after proof reading. I took many photo shots and resize them. Not sure if there is a limit on the post size photos wise.

So far, I am really happy with the Alba, but like any new machine it takes time to get used to it ! It seems my shot are really hot and the new cool touch steam hand is taking me a while to get used to

Thanks greenman, I did notice the pressure stat inside, is it simply a matter of turning the screw and see on the front gauge what pressure you get when the boiler cycle ?

Oli

Comment

Hi guys,

I just finished my novice Isomac Alba review !  

I will post it under a new title "Isomac Alba Review" so it is more relevant for future reference and discussion.

I had to PDF the document and compressed the many pictures to fit under the 2M forum upload quota.

Enjoy !

Oli

Comment

Sorry guys,

Uploading the review as a PDF attachment (1.5Mb) gives me an error.
                  Is there any special settings ?

Thanks.

Oli

Comment

Gday Oli,

It might be a lot easier if you upload the file to one of the many file hosting services that abound and then post a link into the new thread once started....

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal for the suggestion.
                      I did just that:
                      • http://drop.io/isomac_alba

Enjoy !

Oli

Comment

Working...
                      X