Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isomac Tea or Millenium

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Isomac Tea or Millenium

    Hi guys,

    Ive narrowed my choice down. I thought Id decided on the Tea, but have just now found out that I can get the Isomac Millenium for only about $145 more. Thoughts anyone? Is it worth the extra?

    Ill have to be quick for the Millenium deal so any help would be appreciated.

    Chuck.

  • #2
    Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

    Hi Chuck,

    Similarities:


    In terms of internals, theres no difference between the Millennium Duo and the Tea. They both have the same 1.2l boiler, 1400w element, same materials used. Both NEW models (be aware of some old models still sold out there. The new, revised models for both machines had their steam / hot water taps re-designed completely and now incorporate cool-to-touch arms for both. That delivers more powerful and better regulated steam pressure.

    Differences:

    Not many people know that, but the Tea machine was originally manufactured as a commercial Barista learning machine (prior to commencing production of the Millennium). There was a Strong emphasis on functionally, less emphasis on aesthetics and finish. This explains the obvious location of the 2 gauges on the top front panel, pump pressure gauge and boiler pressure gauge.  

    The Millennium Due features only boiler (steam) gauge, that is located under the steam arm, on the front panel. The Tea side panels are thinner than the Millennium that features thicker casing, with a more elegant, round lines and smooth metal finish. Teas lines are sharp and straight, while the Millennium is curved, and appeared on the bench less wide than than Tea due to the curved shape of the drip trays frame.

    Youre welcome to drop by and make coffees with both (if in Sydney), that may be of help with your decision. Otherwise, you can email, PM or call us for a more detailed comparison.

    Di Bartoli sells more Isomac machines than anyone else. Follow the link to find out why: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163932885

    Hope it was helpful! Ofra

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

      Thanks for the info!

      Toomuchcoffeeman has also just suggested the Bezzera BZ07, which I hadnt realised was in the same ballpark as the Isomacs.

      Looks like a nice machine - but doesnt make my choice any easier!

      Anyone got thoughts on the Bezzera?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

        Unfortunately Im a bit far away to pop in and try it out, so Ive bitten the bullet and ordered a Tea. But thanks for your help Ofra.

        Chuck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

          Youre most welcome Chuck, happy to help.

          Darwin, Tasmania or Perth, distance is never a challenge for our long online arm...we can reach you anywhere, anytime...

          For all home barista accessories, cleaning products, the latest gadgets, fresh beans, exciting coffee publication, and spare parts for your Tea, simply click: www.dibartoli.com

          24 hours, 7 days a week, we never rest, lifes too short to tolerate bad coffee....

          Ofra  

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

            Lots has been written about these two machines.

            Im keen to have a closer look at a Tea or Millenium with my Scace to get a better "feel" for the machine...

            If anyone in Melbourne has one, well throw in a complimentary Scace assessment and calibration (if possible) and some browns for your time and publish the results for CSers if required.

            Chris

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

              Originally posted by 062D30262E450 link=1237766896/3#3 date=1237859884
              Unfortunately Im a bit far away to pop in and try it out, so Ive bitten the bullet and ordered a Tea. But thanks for your help Ofra.

              Chuck.
              Hi Chuck, I purchased a Tea in January and Im very happy with its performance, if you leave it sitting it needs a cooling flush but thats not a problem. It is quite easy to use compared to my Silvia and a little more forgiving on dosing etc.
              Match it with a good grinder and you will have a great set-up.
              Ill keep an eye out for reports when you take delivery!!
              cheers gm

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                Hey gm, Im going to start with a Sunbeam EM0480. I realise there are much better grinders out there but thats what Christmas and Birthdays are for isnt it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                  Well it arrived today and we had guests over so I was keen to try it out. I was told that the included tamper was decent enough and wasnt plastic so I held off on buying one, but alas I opened the box and plastic it was.

                  In fact it doesnt even fit the basket - the diameter is way too small. So I thought oh well Ill just give it a shot, shouldnt be that bad... It was! Terrible shots. Watery, no crema. Argh. I gave it a few trials and always the same, so I reverted to using the old machine tonight for the shots and then used the Isomac for texturing the milk.

                  But Ive ordered a 58mm tamper now though, so hopefully before long it will reward me. 8-)

                  Chuck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                    Almost had that happen to me. But checked the box before leaving and thus got a proper tamper and it has been fairly smooth sailing since. Hope you get your tamper soon and be able to enjoy a good cuppa from the Tea

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                      Chuck,

                      Apart from the tamper, which looks as a real culprit, the grinder is another thing that can be blaimed for the  wattery shots. It usually takes some time with a new machine before one finds its sweet spot.

                      Good luck

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                        I got the tamper and its awesome... Though it looks like that wasnt the main issue. I think youre right John about the grind particle size.

                        I bought the Sunbeam EM0480 and was almost going to open it the other day but then after having another chat with my wife (who usually talks me out of spending extra money) we decided to go for the Rancilio Rocky grinder instead.

                        So the short story is that I still dont have a grinder while I wait for the Rocky to arrive. Ive been using some pre-ground coffee (freshly roasted) that was given to me by the retailer who sold me the Isomac because he knew I wouldnt have a grinder when the machine arrived. After chatting with the Rep, he says he thinks its the grind size of the coffee, and that when the Rocky arrives Ill see a big difference.

                        Heres hoping hes right!  

                        Chuck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                          Originally posted by 507B667078130 link=1237766896/11#11 date=1238501899
                          I got the tamper and its awesome... Though it looks like that wasnt the main issue. I think youre right John about the grind particle size.

                          I bought the Sunbeam EM0480 and was almost going to open it the other day but then after having another chat with my wife (who usually talks me out of spending extra money) we decided to go for the Rancilio Rocky grinder instead.

                          So the short story is that I still dont have a grinder while I wait for the Rocky to arrive. Ive been using some pre-ground coffee (freshly roasted) that was given to me by the retailer who sold me the Isomac because he knew I wouldnt have a grinder when the machine arrived. After chatting with the Rep, he says he thinks its the grind size of the coffee, and that when the Rocky arrives Ill see a big difference.

                          Heres hoping hes right!  

                          Chuck.
                          Chuck... Do some searching and then do at least a couple of mods to the rocky...

                          1: Teflon tape
                          2: Click Clack Lid

                          It is worth the effort... item one... Ya can skip as it is under warranty etc... But do number 2 ASAP... 0.6L Click Clack container from Kmart etc.. Worth the $5.54

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                            Good move going for the Rocky Chuck, do the mods and you will have a great setup.
                            Dont go on grind setting numbers with Rocky as every machine is different, set the grind pull some shots and adjust until you get a good extraction rate.
                            Good luck and have fun
                            gm

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Isomac Tea or Millenium

                              Originally posted by 78575E5C4B745857585E5C545C574D390 link=1237766896/12#12 date=1238502394
                              Chuck... Do some searching and then do at least a couple of mods to the rocky...

                              1: Teflon tape
                              2: Click Clack Lid

                              It is worth the effort...  item one... Ya can skip as it is under warranty etc...  But do number 2 ASAP...  0.6L Click Clack container from Kmart etc..  Worth the $5.54
                              Thanks for the tip!

                              My Rocky arrived and after some adjustments to the grind setting, I got some very nice shots. I am noticing that there is less crema now though, a few days after opening the beans - though this may be because Ive left beans in the hopper from the previous day? Im guessing the click-clack lid will solve this?

                              Originally posted by 5E4B5C5C57545857390 link=1237766896/13#13 date=1238537213
                              Good move going for the Rocky Chuck, do the mods and you will have a great setup.
                              Dont go on grind setting numbers with Rocky as every machine is different, set the grind pull some shots and adjust until you get a good extraction rate.
                              Good luck and have fun
                              gm
                              Thanks greenman. Ive been doing a lot of experimenting and loving the difference that this machine makes.

                              Heres a pic of a good shot using 5 Senses Epic Blend.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X