Vibiemme Domobar Junior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibiemme Domobar Junior?

I saw a machine advertised in NZ that I havent seen discussed on here, A Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

States it is a HX, 1600w element 1.8l boiler. It comes in at around $2350NZ incl GST. I wont link to the site in line with policy, but it comes in around $500 or so cheaper than the tanked Super model, and to be honest looks exactly like one, but about 12cm shorter in depth (similar height and width).

Perhaps some of the sponsors can point to the similar machine in Aus as its the best priced E61 HX machine I have seen in NZ

The advise you will most likely hear on here is spend as much now as you can afford to, that way, you shouldnt get bitten by the upgraditis bug (too soon)

Sen

Re: Vibiemme Domobar Junior?

Originally posted by 66505B54415A47350 link=1238026218/5#5 date=1238040999
    I saw a machine advertised in NZ that I havent seen discussed on here, A Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

States it is a HX, 1600w element 1.8l boiler. It comes in at around $2350NZ incl GST. I wont link to the site in line with policy, but it comes in around $500 or so cheaper than the tanked Super model, and to be honest looks exactly like one, but about 12cm shorter in depth (similar height and width).

Perhaps some of the sponsors can point to the similar machine in Aus as its the best priced E61 HX machine I have seen in NZ

The advise you will most likely hear on here is spend as much now as you can afford to, that way, you shouldnt get bitten by the upgraditis bug (too soon)

Sen
    Hi Senator,

Yes, the Domobar Junior exists in both dual boiler and HX configuration and evaluation machines are about 3 weeks away. With the current exchange rate, my guess is that the HX version will be chosen for Australia. A wild guess with no hard info whatsoever would place these machines at perhaps $400-500AUD cheaper than the equivalent Domobar Super...

Configuration is 1.4L boiloer/1600W
    Dimensions (h x w x d): 35cm x 22.5cm x 40cm

I have been promised one to play with  8-)

Chris

Comment

oops

thought with the value of the NZ peso, it might have snuck in towards the top end of the 500 - 1500 forum, apologies.

thanks

Sen

Comment

2MCM

Looks like a nice machine. It seems a lot smaller and with a lot less oomph in terms of Boiler Size / Watts etc.

Out of interest (I just bought the Super) What would make you buy the Super rather than this machine?

Looks like a good travel machine to have in the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by 43646F5E52010 link=1238041001/3#3 date=1238043171
          2MCM

Looks like a nice machine. It seems a lot smaller and with a lot less oomph in terms of Boiler Size / Watts etc.

Out of interest (I just bought the Super) What would make you buy the Super rather than this machine?

Looks like a good travel machine to have in the trunk
          Hmm...for me, the fact that the boiler is 2 x the size and the commercial p/stat would be a start...

2mcm

Comment

Can you please explain the difference of the p/stat (commercial vs ?) and why it is better (or is it a personal pref thing?), cheers

It certainly looks the business to my eyes (from the photo at least).

Is a 1.4 (NZ site states 1.8 but Ill believe you on this) "big enough" for a HX machine?

Im assuming that the Super would cope with a higher volume of drinks in a session being one of the benefits of a larger boiler?

Im just trying to understand any potential (perceived or real) shortcomings of this as it really looks like a good upgrade from the 6910

Cheers
            Sen

Comment

Originally posted by 00363D32273C21530 link=1238041001/5#5 date=1238103995
              Can you please explain the difference of the p/stat (commercial vs ?) and why it is better (or is it a personal pref thing?), cheers

It certainly looks the business to my eyes (from the photo at least).

Is a 1.4 (NZ site states 1.8 but Ill believe you on this) "big enough" for a HX machine?

Im assuming that the Super would cope with a higher volume of drinks in a session being one of the benefits of a larger boiler?

Im just trying to understand any potential (perceived or real) shortcomings of this as it really looks like a good upgrade from the 6910

Cheers
              Sen
              Hi Sen,

Euro websites state 1.4L. I reckon that they are probably built in a variety of configurations for different markets. At present, I am unsure what will be coming to Australia.

Boiler sizes of this size are fine for domestic use- as Andy proved with 2000 cups straight from his 1.8L Giotto premium. Its all about how theyre set up.

As for pressurestats, commercials generally last longer, have replaceable membranes, are more expensive and have a larger deadband. Good domestic stats do the job very well and often with a smaller deadband. They just dont last as long but are cheap and simple to replace when they die.

2mcm

Comment

2000 cups from a giotto, wow.

Thanks for the comments

Comment

I have heard we should expect a price of $2550 for these and they are not too far away. I think this will be a very competitive machine performance Vs cost wise.

I dont know about car boot machine as the overall size is only 3-4 cm shorter depth.

Comment

whoops, were not in NZ yet ... sorry

charlie

Comment

streuth

coming soon?

Comment

Originally posted by 30060D02170C11630 link=1238041001/13#13 date=1238110660
                        streuth

coming soon?
                        Well be having a real good Captain Cook at it,

charlie

Comment

Originally posted by 1E2721202B2B3C111C212F3D3A2B3C4E0 link=1238041001/8#8 date=1238107223
                          I have heard we should expect a price of $2550 for these and they are not too far away. I think this will be a very competitive machine performance Vs cost wise.

I dont know about car boot machine as the overall size is only 3-4 cm shorter depth.
                          Given the dimensions given earlier it would be about 10cm shorter wouldnt it? (530 v 430mm)

Comment

any news on these machines yet?
                            Got a mate looking into a new machine and thought this may be an option

B

Comment

Originally posted by 7D5A51606C3F0 link=1238041001/13#13 date=1242384394
                              any news on these machines yet?
                              Got a mate looking into a new machine and thought this may be an option

B
                              Hi Ben,

At present, there are a couple of Aust spec. prototypes only.

No doubt that Charles and the ECA crew will put them through the wringer to ensure that they are perfect before they go on sale.

Id guess a few months yet...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X