Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E1 Fault on Expobar??

Hi all.

I have a fault on my Expobar Brewtus. Shows E1 on the digital read out. Still seems to work ok. Can anyone explain what exactly is the fault? Does it need to go in for repair or can any handyman fix? Manual says sensor failure. Still reads the temp until it reaches max and then reverts to E1.

Thanks

Re: E1 Fault on Expobar??

From memory Ive heard of this in that your temperature of your boiler is exceeding the readout, that is more than 99. Or maybe the sensor is faulty and is reading a higher temp going into triple figures that the readout cannot, well read-out.

Comment

Yeah it has developed to the point of reading up to 92 then says E1. To run it you can hold your hand under the water and it is no where near 92 deg. I have someone looking into it.

Comment

From the controller manual:
        E1 = Sensor failure (Open circuit, crossed, temp.> 110ºC or temp.<-55ºC)

sounds like a dodgy thermocouple or loose thermocouple wire.... just a guess though

The thermostat controller manual pdf is available in the brewtus user groups : http://groups.google.com/group/brewtus/files.

Just replace the controller it wtih a PID

Comment

Sink cut, good information in this link specially the:

http://brewtus.googlegroups.com/web/The+Brewtus+Compendium.pdf?gda=P1xedEwAAACLJOxJMQU WYxTl9cEm7EY7Gxlh7L9vMd_-1ccQ4sMd99k2SR1-DimcTVW-MswM8rqhDg085wGqDCcBRrUs9y_J_Vpvmo5s1aABVJRO3P3wLQ

Regards

Renzo

Comment

Have had a minor issue with a Minore 3 and found Expobar Australia very helpfull. They can be emailed from their web site www.expobaraustralia.com.au

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X