Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to buy Isomac Tea or similar

Hi

Im after an isomac Tea or  similar in Melbourne.

Doesnt "Have" to be in Melb im not oppose to having it sent to me.

Could one of the sponsors please PM me?

Cheers
    Squirrel

Re: Isomac Tea

Hi Squirrelgrip and welcome...

Best bet to use the email all sponsors button over yonder <<<<<<

Might I suggest that you also look also at the Diadema Regal 1.3L.

Its a vastly superior machine in build and performance IMHO and is available at prices very close to the Isomac...Site sponsors Jetblack, CosmoreX and Talk Coffee all sell Diadema.

Dont forget to keep $$$ free for a good grinder, training and accessories as required....

Happy shopping

2mcm

Comment

Thanks 2mcm

Well aware of the need for a good grinder, tamper etc  

I would rather buy my next coffee machine from a sponsor that actively supports CS (one who posts to the site) rather than one who just advertises. Current economic climate being what it is. If they want to sell a machine badly enough then they can contact me Im in no rush. 8-)

Still open to suggestions tho

Cheers
      Squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by 022024382323343D36233821510 link=1244880931/2#2 date=1244891909
        I would rather buy my next coffee machine from a sponsor that actively supports CS (one who posts to the site) rather than one who just advertises. Current economic climate being what it is. If they want to sell a machine badly enough then they can contact me Im in no rush. 8-)
        Welcome Squirrel... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thats certainly a different way of doing things :-?

You could determine for yourself which Sponsors post to the CS Forum you know, by checking out each of the Sponsors Profiles... Their posts history can be found there. You can then initiate dealings in accordance with your findings and establish a rapport on your own terms. Seems like a friendlier approach to me

All the best,
        Mal.

Comment

Re: Wanting to buy Isomac Tea or similar

Squirrel:

They are 3 sponsors that sell Isomacs Obscure, Di Bella and Di Bartoli

Originally posted by 664B4F434E220 link=1244880931/3#3 date=1244901020
          You could determine for yourself which Sponsors post to the CS Forum you know, by checking out each of the Sponsors Profiles... Their posts history can be found there. You can then initiate dealings in accordance with your findings and establish a rapport on your own terms. Seems like a friendlier approach to me Smiley
          I agree with Mal, you should check each sponsor.

Regards

Renzo
          Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

is the isomac for sale in used hardware similar - could be a good deal?

Comment

lol
              Certainly is a different way of doing things but I figured that if a sponsor is active then they are lookin at the new posts and willing to put the effort into tracking me down. That way I know they are more interested in my needs and not just a sale. Kinda more cozy for my side of the fence. There is a sort of logic to it

And im being a tad lazy you could say ive been lurkin for a while and I am sooooooo busy at the moment and the yellowpages web site is as close to useless as the whereis maps are when you are wanting to go to a country town using your satnav......oh they are the same company
              I just dont have time to make the phone calls waste a few days tracking down and looking at individual stores. On top of all that I want to support those sponsors that are supporting CS with info and passion as well as $$$. I am looking at the posts of those who contact me.

Gonna drop in to see Chris (Coffee Talk) on Saturday. He comes highly recommended according to one CS member who PMd me. (That is the exactly why I took this approach. you tend to get those members who have or havent had a good expreience with a certain retailer saying "hey check this guy out")

Chris has pretty much talked me into looking at a Diadema Regal 1.3L .

Tho Ill be talking to Di Bartoliwho just PMd me, too and doing some research on both machines.

Ill wait to see who else contacts me then Ill make a decision.

Once I get my new toy ill post pickies

Squirrel

Comment

FWIW Id highly recommend Diadema Ive been having a great time playing with my new toy and shes got amazing build-quality and the espresso is incredible.. too many coffees.. 4 today.. arghh!

Comment

Originally posted by 505F55435446310 link=1244880931/7#7 date=1244974651
                  FWIW Id highly recommend Diadema Ive been having a great time playing with my new toy and shes got amazing build-quality and the espresso is incredible.. too many coffees.. 4 today.. arghh!
                  Hi Andrew,

Im glad that you like the Diadema. I think the build quality of the Regal is truely stunning.

Enjoy...and keep in mind that its ok just to taste. You dont have to drink every single drop

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 4075787F4B577B72727171140 link=1244880931/8#8 date=1244975582
                    ...its ok just to taste. You dont have to drink every single drop
                    Isnt that sacrilege in these circles?
                    Burn the witch!

Comment

Reading the reviews and looking at the specs of the machines the Tea has a stainless boiler is this any real advantage?

The Tea it would seem requires the head flushing before the shot is pulled to drop the temp of the water initally flowing through the group. But otherwise rates extremely well

Is this the same for all machines with the e61 group?

The Diadema does come highly recomended from a trusted source and has excellent build quality.

Least ive narrowed it down to 2. :

Squirel

Comment

Originally posted by 4664607C6767707972677C65150 link=1244880931/10#10 date=1245075281
                        Since my last service I havent needed to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4466627E6565727B70657E67170 link=1244880931/10#10 date=1245075281
                          Reading the reviews and looking at the specs of the machines the Tea has a stainless boiler is this any real advantage?
                          Not really one way or the other mate. It can even be a disadvantage where Chlorine levels in the water used can lead to corrosion of the s/s in certain circumstances. Namely, at elevated temperatures and pressures of the kind found in an espresso machine Boiler. If you opt for one of these mate, it is just something to be aware of. You would need to use non-chlorinated water....

Originally posted by 4466627E6565727B70657E67170 link=1244880931/10#10 date=1245075281
                          The Tea it would seem requires the head flushing before the shot is pulled to drop the temp of the water initally flowing through the group. But otherwise rates extremely well

Its pretty well guaranteed for all Heat eXchanger (HX) machines Squirrel due to the inherent design of the hydraulic system.

The Diadema does come highly recomended from a trusted source and has excellent build quality.
                          I can vouch for that... ;D

Mal.

Comment

Interesting.

Lookng forward to seeing Chris on Saturday.

Mind you if you were to let water sit in an open container for 24 hours or so that would take care of most of the chlorine issue.

Still food for thought as I really cant be bothered letting it sit.

Comment

I have had a Tea for over 12 months and its has given me fantastic service. I bought the machine from a site sponsor (Pedro at Coffee Parts) who although keeping a rather low profile here is a great guy to deal with.

And yes I looked at Diademas, Bezzeras, VBMs, Giottos etc - all fabulous machines, but I thought the Tea was by far the best value for money (particularly if you can get a good deal).

Could I make a suggestion here - I have no problem with people extolling the the virtues of the brands they stock but I prefer if they leave comments on brands they do not stock to less public forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X