Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an E-61 machine with a smaller footprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an E-61 machine with a smaller footprint?

Maybe this subject has been flogged B4, if so sorry :-[ Im wanting to toss out/replace our Sunbeam EM5800 (but the minister of finance doesnt know :). I was tossing up between a Silvia or a 6910 and would think that either would be suffice. BUT!! after reading and browsing I need (read want) a better machine with more "bling". Probably a single boiler would be ok as Im really the only regular coffee drinker at home, milk based drinks are my weakness :-[. Have been keen on the VBM Piccolo, Isomac Zaffiro or the Diadema Perfetta. Once we start looking at these sort of machines it is not much more to a HX such as the Isomac Tea. But they are all very deep and bench space is limited. I have "Rocky" actually in the laundry on the bench . Is there a recommended machine that is less deep, 20 or 30 mm wont be much advantage but 80 or 100 mm would be great.

Suggestions please :-/??

Steve M.

Re: Is there an E-61 machine with a smaller footprint?

Originally posted by 426061600F0 link=1253832317/0#0 date=1253832317
    Maybe this subject has been flogged B4, if so sorry :-[ Im wanting to toss out/replace our Sunbeam EM5800 (but the minister of finance doesnt know :). I was tossing up between a Silvia or a 6910 and would think that either would be suffice. BUT!! after reading and browsing I need (read want) a better machine with more "bling". Probably a single boiler would be ok as Im really the only regular coffee drinker at home, milk based drinks are my weakness :-[. Have been keen on the VBM Piccolo, Isomac Zaffiro or the Diadema Perfetta. Once we start looking at these sort of machines it is not much more to a HX such as the Isomac Tea. But they are all very deep and bench space is limited. I have "Rocky" actually in the laundry on the bench . Is there a recommended machine that is less deep, 20 or 30 mm wont be much advantage but 80 or 100 mm would be great.

Suggestions please :-/??

Steve M.
    Steve

How about you provide us the actual footprint that your looking at; including hight.

Only then can people give you the feedback that may be of assistance.

AM

Comment

Hey Mono,

I just got a Tea and mazzer a few days ago. Already forgotton how much it was!!!!  ;D  It is a joy to work with. I have a post in this section with photos. My foot print is approx 600(d) by 600(w) by 450(h) and it all fits fine and easy to use. It makes a difference as to which side you want your steam wand to be on. Before my steam wand (old em4800!! ) had the steam wand on the right. Now the wand is on the left and gives me more room to work the milk.

Just be sure your happy with your purchess. I think HX is the way to go as you get to be more professional. What I mean by this is that you can steam and brew at the same time rather than brewing, flick hot water switch to reduce water in boiler, wait for steam build up, turn HW off and flick steam switch, steam, start coffee number 2.

IMHO I would go a cheaper HX (like the tea) than an expensive single boiler.

Also as an aside have a look at the post about scale in the domobar super. This can/does happen to all machines eventually. For this reason it is a good idea to include a filtration system in your budget. Or at least plan for it in the near future. Bombora do some good cost effective solutions.

Comment

Thanks AM, of course more information would help :-[ The Perfetta is listed @ (W/D/H) 230x415x380. Ideally say230x320/350x350........but maybe this is not achievable in an E-61 machine, if so a compromise will be in order.

Steve.

Comment

Hi Mono,

I think you will struggle as a boiler and tank require space. Of the common machines, the perfetta is the shallowest at 415mm. The Bezzera BZ07 has a small footprint, but is still deeper...

Perhaps it might be worth having a think re alternate locations?

2mcm

Comment

Originally posted by 797B7A737871140 link=1253832317/2#2 date=1253834249
            Also as an aside have a look at the post about scale in the domobar super. This can/does happen to all machines eventually. For this reason it is a good idea to include a filtration system in your budget. Or at least plan for it in the near future. Bombora do some good cost effective solutions.
            Thanks mongle, the Tea is very tempting, in regards to scale, yes it is disturbing. I have a 2 stage under bench system already installed with a final stage of a .5 micron filter, will this help? I only use filtered water in the SB.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 0F2D2C2D420 link=1253832317/3#3 date=1253834281
              Thanks AM, of course more information would help :-[ The Perfetta is listed @ (W/D/H) 230x415x380. Ideally say230x320/350x350........but maybe this is not achievable in an E-61 machine, if so a compromise will be in order.

Steve.
              AND

Originally posted by 702F37212A212D242427272F232C420 link=1253832317/4#4 date=1253834974
              Hi Mono,

I think you will struggle as a boiler and tank require space. Of the common machines, the perfetta is the shallowest at 415mm. The Bezzera BZ07 has a small footprint, but is still deeper...

2mcm

I also had issues with hight and width... But ended up with the Junior - http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1246171209

However I did have to relocate in the end.. Yes Depth can be a pain... But at the end of teh day the physics is such that a Kitchen should be built to manage a GOOD machine... Thus you do not have to be squeamish and deal with a less than ideal unit...

AM

Comment

Originally posted by 772830262D262A2323202028242B450 link=1253832317/4#4 date=1253834974

Thanks 2mcm, I half expected from my research that this may be the case. I hoped that the Snobs knowledge base may know of an alternative.  I am really keen on a E-61 machine, looks as if it is "back to the drawing board" for a rethink. "Spouse acceptance factor" is VERY important and alternative machine sites are very limited. Maybe a PIDed Silvia might have to be it :-[. Fortunately I dont need to rush into a decision as the SB is still going strong.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 7F50595B4C735F505F595B535B504A3E0 link=1253832317/6#6 date=1253836738
                  But at the end of teh day the physics is such that a Kitchen should be built to manage a GOOD machine... Thus you do not have to besqueamish and deal with a less than ideal unit...
                  Yeah I wish. Unfortunately Mrs Mono is a tea drinker......well maybe 2 cappas a year. To her "coffee is just coffee". Ooops sorry to blaspheme  :. Hmmmm.......maybe the SB may come to an untimely end :-?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 634140412E0 link=1253832317/8#8 date=1253838031
                    Originally posted by 7F50595B4C735F505F595B535B504A3E0 link=1253832317/6#6 date=1253836738
                    But at the end of teh day the physics is such that a Kitchen should be built to manage a GOOD machine... Thus you do not have to besqueamish and deal with a less than ideal unit...
                    Yeah I wish. Unfortunately Mrs Mono is a tea drinker......well maybe 2 cappas a year. To her "coffee is just coffee". Ooops sorry to blaspheme  :. Hmmmm.......maybe the SB may come to an untimely end :-?

Steve

ROFLMAO

Maybe I should have also stated there is a difference between teh Ideal and REALITY ;D

As I say to my son... Take a Cement pill and harden up.. Tried it on my wife and woke up a week later... Best weeks sleep I ever had ;D

Coffees aint Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by 4F60696B7C436F606F696B636B607A0E0 link=1253832317/9#9 date=1253843071
                      Maybe I should have also stated there is a difference between teh Ideal and REALITY Grin

As I say to my son... Take a Cement pill and harden up..Tried it on my wife and woke up a week later... Best weeks sleep I ever hadGrin
                      Yep, can relate to that scenario..........
                      Originally posted by 4F60696B7C436F606F696B636B607A0E0 link=1253832317/9#9 date=1253843071
                      ROFLMAO
                      What the............sorry no comprendo :-[

Comment

hi Steve M

Just thought to throw in the new DOMOBAR Junior..... it arrives on Monday with units already pre ordered by a few sponsors!  

The footprint = 22.5 w  x 43 d x 41 h cm (both depth and height include the handles on drip tray and cup tray).

Its a tight little unit!

Cheers Sal

Comment

Thanks Sal, looks very impressive. Hope you enjoy the toy. Looks as if Im either going to have to go with a Silvia or work out where to put one of these units, the depth is the main issue, height and width should be ok.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Its a shame when youre compromised by space in trying to choose a coffee machine.

When we eventually renovate our kitchen Ill be sure to allow space for future upgrades.

Comment

Hi Mono, I had the same problem and eventually decided that the machine could not be permanently located on a bench in the kitchen. I have my Perfetta permanently located on a trolley and I just wheel it in to the kitchen & plug it in. Now I realise that this would not suit many people but it is a great solution for me.
                              The Perfetta is 420X230 & 370 high and for someone who is not making a lot of coffee every time it is perfect. The single boiler is not a problem as I just pull all the shots & then steam as much milk as I need. I wouldnt be pulling shots & steaming milk at the same time anyhow - Im not operating a cafe.
                              My wife doesnt drink coffee either so I know how sensitive the buying decision is. Just do it - shell get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X