The Eagle Has Landed!!!!! Isomac Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagle Has Landed!!!!! Isomac Tea

Well as promised and as per rules here is my new machine.
    The Isomac Tea and the Mazzer Mini Manual (both of which I might add are the new models  ;D )

I bought my machine from Di Bartoli in Bondi Junction Sydney. They provide AWSOME service . They always have a huge range of machines TURNED ON ready to use so that anyone interested can go in at anytime and play with the machines (I went 3 times to make sure). I would recomend though that if you wanted a serious play that you ring to let them know.
    I got an GREAT deal from them that Im sure would be hard to beat!!

Hope you all enjoy the pics. I know Im enjoying the coffee  :P

John

Re: The Eagle Has Landed!!!!! Isomac Tea

more pics

Comment

Almost too shiney for the camera john! beautiful mate, you must be proud.......now just to keep it shiney!, how are the shots coming along?

Comment

Yeah wsully I had to take about 20 pictures from different angels and zoom points even to get those pics. We have no blinds on the kitchen windows so all the sun comes in.

I set the grinder up when i got home but funny story, didnt see the start here mark on the mini. I was grinding wood chips for about 150gms!! :-/ Lucky i got some complimentry beans ;D

shots are between 27 and 33 sec now so im pretty happy. Just trying to figure out the correct dose, make it consistant and then correct the grind to suit. Im used to overdosing on my last machine but this machine needs no tap at all!!
        I just grind, dose, give it a very minute tap for gaps, light tamp, tamp tap, then final tamp and polish.
        That seems to be working well. Im now getting a consistant flow, shower screen imprint, firm puck, clean portafilter basket and a brittle puck at the end.
        And of course the most important thing is that it tastes good. :P

Wow i can ramble on ;D Oh well i guess that one of the reasons we have these forums.

John

Comment

Yeah, beautiful mongle......envious. Enjoy the toys and the journey.

Comment

haha thanks mate. will do.

Comment

Nice Mongle, well done and welcome to the world of HX

How do you go with re-filling the Isomac with the low cupboard?

Comment

Youll have to eat take away from now on mate, dont want any cooking splattering over that beautiful shiny metal!

Comment

Originally posted by 5F5D5C555E57320 link=1253832549/0#0 date=1253832549
                  I bought my machine from Di Bartoli in Bondi Junction Sydney. They provide AWSOME service Cheesy. They always have a huge range of machines TURNED ON ready to use so that anyone interested can go in at anytime and play with the machines (I went 3 times to make sure). I would recomend though that if you wanted a serious play that you ring to let them know.
                  I got an GREAT deal from them that Im sure would be hard to beat!!
                  Hi mongle,

Thanks for sharing your experience with other CSs, the pleasure was all ours! Were always very happy to dedicate as much time needed for people to be absolutely comfortable with their choices and provide straight away free training so they could work out at home those variables sooner than later and enjoy their cuppa from the first beans bag.

Your set up looks great, keep up the good work!

Ofra

Comment

Screw driver needed? That ugly plastic tamper is spoiling the view.

Comment

You might want to move that away from the oven if you possibly can, otherwise somewhere down the line you could have one messy machine to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by 5D45404055446F5D515E0607300 link=1253832549/9#9 date=1253848393
                        Screw driver needed? That ugly plastic tamper is spoiling the view.
                        Yep, welcome to the pointy end, mongle. Nice bling!

Nice work too, Di Bartolis - another happy customer.

As per muppet mans suggestion, removing the tamper and finger guard are standard operations for a new Mazzer Mini.

Comment

hahaha. Well just to incriminate myself I set the grinder up from the packaging. Meaning Im the one who put the plastic tamper on!! :-/

My reasoning behind it was that i was going to use it to overdose (i.e. bang the group handle to pack more coffee in) as i didnt want to use the bench.
                          As it is though my single doesnt require an overdose but today i found that at the same grind setting, the double requires a double tap at 3/4 full, then a single tap at full level to get the correct dose.
                          The finger guard was removed straight away and im working on getting some tape for the super sweep mod.

Fiend: Yeah filling requires the machine to be moved but if done correctly is no hassle. I use a brita jug to remove chlorine only while im working on getting a bombora system. I fill it up at the end of each day ready for the next.

Junky: God invented tea towles for a reason  ;D But yes cooking is something I will have to watch. As well as the steam created from the machine effecting the wooded cupboards. Them the breaks for having a good machine in an unworthy kitchen  

Ofra: The pleasure was all mine.  8-)  I was very pleased with the service and never felt uncomfortable. Can you please thank Dave and Ranzo for me too. I would not hesitate recomending Di Bartoli to anyone.

Thanks again all. Hopefully soon I will be able to say Im a true coffee snob. Ill be sure to post back in different threads giving my 2 cents and sharing adventures and experiments.

John

(Wow there i go rambling again ;D)

Comment

"Congrats" on the new toys mongle very nice setup, I think you will be very happy with your choice I love my Teh-Ah ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Gra.

Comment

Originally posted by 686A6B626960050 link=1253832549/12#12 date=1253859235
                              I use a brita jug to remove chlorine only while im working on getting a bombora system.
                              Just bought one, this week, arrived in record time from them, i now just need a plumber to play around with copper pipes.

Comment

Working...
                              X