Yet another Bezzera Domus from Roger at Supreme Roasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Bezzera Domus from Roger at Supreme Roasters

The DG was at the top of my shortlist and after visiting Roger today with my wife I was convinced.

Roger also had a Giotto Premium Plus and an Expobar Minore III on display. Coincidentally these were 2 and 3 on my shortlist. We didnt end up testing the Minore as I had decided to cull it before we arrived.

I would have loved to have tried a Diadema Junior Extra that Mal recommended but I hadnt found anyone in Brisbane who sold it. I didnt try very hard though as Roger had been so helpful that I really preferred to buy a machine from him.

The Giotto and DG were both beautiful machines and there wasnt much between them in performance that I could really see. I was impressed that I was able to froth a pretty decent jug of foam first go on the DG (the Giotto would have been just as capable). Im new to all this and had only learnt to stretch milk for the first time a few days ago so I credit the machines for making it simple for me.

The fact the distributors for Bezzera are less than 10kms away from me also helped to sway the decision in the DGs favour. However the Giotto is equally capable (and as good looking too) and we would have been just as happy with it.

Thank you Roger for your time and advice. It sounds like you sold two DGs today - not a bad effort.

See you on Saturday.

Dom

Re: Yet another Bezzera Domus from Roger at Supreme Roasters

Hey dom,
    Congrats on the purchase of a fine machine!, quite a crew of Bezzera fans here on CS, youll have a ball with it, remember the only thing we ask for.......PHOTOS when ya bring her home!

Enjoy
    warren

Comment

Originally posted by 24311438242A392E394B0 link=1257417255/0#0 date=1257417255
      The DG was at the top of my shortlist and after visiting Roger today with my wife I was convinced.

Roger also had a Giotto Premium Plus and an Expobar Minore III on display. Coincidentally these were 2 and 3 on my shortlist. We didnt end up testing the Minore as I had decided to cull it before we arrived.

I would have loved to have tried a Diadema Junior Extra that Mal recommended but I hadnt found anyone in Brisbane who sold it. I didnt try very hard though as Roger had been so helpful that I really preferred to buy a machine from him.

The Giotto and DG were both beautiful machines and there wasnt much between them in performance that I could really see. I was impressed that I was able to froth a pretty decent jug of foam first go on the DG (the Giotto would have been just as capable). Im new to all this and had only learnt to stretch milk for the first time a few days ago so I credit the machines for making it simple for me.

The fact the distributors for Bezzera are less than 10kms away from me also helped to sway the decision in the DGs favour. However the Giotto is equally capable (and as good looking too) and we would have been just as happy with it.

Thank you Roger for your time and advice. It sounds like you sold two DGs today - not a bad effort.

See you on Saturday.

Dom

I arrived just after you Dom and bought the same machine. congrats on the purchase.

Yes i am sure Roger was very happy with todays events but not as happy as i will be on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 73775148484D52454A240 link=1257417255/1#1 date=1257418039
        Hey dom,
        Congrats on the purchase of a fine machine!, quite a crew of Bezzera fans here on CS, youll have a ball with it, remember the only thing we ask for.......PHOTOS when ya bring her home!

Enjoy
        warren
        Thanks Warren. Ill take a couple of pics on Saturday. The DG might look a little small next to the Mazzer Super Jolly but at least it will be shinier!

Comment

I am surrounded with fellow Bezzera Galatea Owners
          It calls for coffees all around

We need to meet up at the Brisbane get together Sunday 15 Nov 09
          http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253365556/0

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 6C7D68733C0 link=1257417255/2#2 date=1257418270
            I arrived just after you Dom and bought the same machine.  congrats on the purchase.

Yes i am sure Roger was very happy with todays events but not as  happy as i will be on Saturday.
            I commend your excellent taste PATO! Well try not to keep Roger too long at our place (unless youve got him coming to your house on the very early shift).

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by 6D4940404343796D49554B49260 link=1257417255/4#4 date=1257419028
              I am surrounded with fellow Bezzera Galatea Owners
              It calls for coffees all around  

We need to meet up at the Brisbane get together Sunday 15 Nov 09
              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253365556/0

KK
              Thanks for the invitation KK. At this stage we have something on that Sunday but if the plans change it would be good to pop in for a visit and get to meet some of the other CSers.

Dom

Comment

Not a problem Dom
                We also meet up at Veneziano Caffe from time to time
                QLD Barista Championships will be held there 13 Dec 09

Also coffee cupping sessions a few times a year
                KK

Comment

Veneziano isnt too far from me. Will be worth checking out the Barista Championships although Ill feel terribly inadequate after watching them.

Dom

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase Dom, seems to have been a run on these over the past week or so, they really are a great machine.

Comment

Hi Dom was greating have you and your wife out here yesterday. Really does brighten the heart to see people learn so much about great coffee so quickly. The fact you are both so passionate about wanting to learn more and the commitment to great coffee through the Super Jolly and Domus will see you making great coffees at home that will have your friends permeantly visiting and the general public knocking on your door trying to get a tasty brew!

Looking forward to seeing you both tommorow nice and early!

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by 2134113D212F3C2B3C4E0 link=1257417255/0#0 date=1257417255
                        Excellent decision Dom.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

While I and lots of others love our Diadema machines, the Bezzera D. Galatea was one of the machines right at the top of my short-list too and is an excellent machine. Im sure you will enjoy many years of terrific coffee from your new combo and excellent follow-up service from Supreme Roasters... 8-)

Cheers,
                        Mal.

Comment

Welcome to the DG owners club Dom!!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words JonW, Mal and happihappi. Were very happy with our decision and cant wait to get it fired up tomorrow when Roger arrives.

Roger, Ive been madly sniffing those bags of beans you gave us - my wife thinks Ive gone a little strange. The chocolate aroma from the PNG Organic is especially amazing. Cant wait to taste it in the cup.

Dom

Comment

Roger arrived this morning and dialled in the Mazzer Super Jolly and fired up the Bezzera. After a bit of tweaking we were getting some great espressos and lattes. Needless to say were very pleased with the results.

Thanks again for your help Roger. The level of service youve given has been exceptional.

I promised some pics so here they are:

These are of the Mazzer SJ and Domus set up in readiness for Roger to arrive. The Domus is so shiny its really hard to photograph!

I think Im going to be overdosing on caffeine for the next few days while I get the hang of the new toys.

Dom

Comment

Working...
                              X