Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Hi, I am looking for a new espresso machine and a friend of mine told me she has a plumbed bezzerra BZ99 that is about 4 years old and has not been used for about 2 years. It hasnt had a lot of use at all and is in excellent condition.

    Anyway, she wants $800 for it. Is this a good price? I dont know if I want to outlay that kind of money for a 2nd hand machine.

  • #2
    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Originally posted by 5A425A05435F455252370 link=1264042099/0#0 date=1264042099
    Hi, I am looking for a new espresso machine and a friend of mine told me she has a plumbed bezzerra BZ99 that is about 4 years old and has not been used for about 2 years.  It hasnt had a lot of use at all and is in excellent condition.  

    Anyway, she wants $800 for it.  Is this a good price? I dont know if I want to outlay that kind of money for a 2nd hand machine.
    I would have thought that her readiness to take a 50%+ hit for a 4 year old domestic machine is pretty fair :-?. $800 wont buy a new Silvia, so I guess it comes down to what you want and how much cash you have to splash....

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

      Hello mum2three, this is a no brainer.

      Same answer as 2mcm really but if I can put it another way...All you need to do is decide if that is what you want.

      If you want a BZ99 or a machine of that type then dont hesitate.

      But dont buy if that wasnt what you actually wanted....ie dont just buy it because it seems like really good value if it is not what you were after....

      Regardz,
      Attilio
      very first CS site sponsor

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

        Originally posted by 0D150D521408120505600 link=1264042099/0#0 date=1264042099
        Anyway, she wants $800 for it.  Is this a good price?
        If its genuinely only had 2 years of work and has been well cared for then yes its a good price.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

          Thanks for the replies. I currently have a Sunbeam EM6910 which needs a new group head collar and seal and dont know whether to just pay for that $250 ish or upgrade to a better machine now at a good price. We dont have money to throw away but I would hope that it would last us for many many years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

            Originally posted by 6C746C337569736464010 link=1264042099/4#4 date=1264050985
            We dont have money to throw away but I would hope that it would last us for many many years.
            I have seen 15 year old BZ99s that were cared for properly still in good working condition

            KK

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

              I have a 12 year old BZ99S and it still goes strong - its taken me a while but I am now finally thinking about the upgrade

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

                Barazi Bezzera Coffee Machines have a preloved 14 year old BZ99S Tank model for $800... so its not a bad price. If you bought it and looked after it, it would last years.

                You also have to consider the plumbing, that might add addtional costs, but as mentioned above you have to work out if you can afford it. Only you can decide that.

                Why not google it, read a few reviews etc etc. At least then you will know what the machine is capable of.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

                  Thanks everyone for the replies. Well it turned out that I said Yes, Ill take the machine and took possession of it, took it straight to a repair shop only to find out it doesnt work. Motor burnt out, trips the electrical switch upon trying to turn it on and possible pump damaged as well.

                  I dont think my friend was trying to rip me off but Ill be returning the machine to her ASAP. Bugger. Was really excited about the prospects and already fantasising about the wonderful coffees I would be producing......

                  On the plus side, even though my kids had to endure almost 4 hours being stuck in traffic, I met a very helpful guy at Barazi and saw some other (Working) beautiful machines. If I had a spare couple of grand, Id be set. ;D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

                    Originally posted by 0F170F50160A100707620 link=1264042099/8#8 date=1264148678
                    Thanks everyone for the replies.  Well it turned out that I said Yes, Ill take the machine and took possession of it, took it straight to a repair shop only to find out it doesnt work.  Motor burnt out, trips the electrical switch upon trying to turn it on and possible pump damaged as well.

                    I dont think my friend was trying to rip me off but Ill be returning the machine to her ASAP.  Bugger.  Was really excited about the prospects and already fantasising about the wonderful coffees I would be producing......

                    On the plus side, even though my kids had to endure almost 4 hours being stuck in traffic, I met a very helpful guy at Barazi and saw some other (Working) beautiful machines.  If I had a spare couple of grand, Id be set. ;D

                    mum2three - Just nth of brisbane..  

                    Let ya friend know... That I could be interested...  BUT at a much reduced rate..

                    Pump can be an issue, and the tripping would be the elements; which would suggest the boiler more than likely a mess in side.

                    See here for a pic or two... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1259915287/4#4- In the end it just  = Junk as other problems as well...  Pump looked OK...

                    Thus... At the right price...  I would be happy to buy and collect; with a view to see what I can make of the old BZ..... Got to have old things to work on....

                    I could also do ya Group Collar and Seal for a lot less than the $250 ( Note.. And fees are to cover the costs of the parts, as they were for my EM6910 rebuild - However I have my main machine and I hate to see a CS in distress), that you have been advised that it will cost.  

                    PM me ASAP as teh the EM6910 repairs and if ya friend, might be willing to sell the BZ as SCRAP / Parts.





                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X