Help Please Faema e98 S1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please Faema e98 S1

I am hoping that this is a newbie question!

My wonderful little machine has stopped boiling. It would appear the thermostat has given up on me. I can pump water, get a flow through the head but nothing else.
    I have taken the sides off and had a look to see if there is a reset switch somewhere put can not find one. Is there such as thing?

Any pointers? thanks in advance.

Re: Help Please Faema e98 S1

Originally posted by 53717A771E0 link=1265065342/0#0 date=1265065342

My wonderful little machine has stopped boiling. It would appear the thermostat has given up on me. I can pump water, get a flow through the head but nothing else.
    I have taken the sides off and had a look to see if there is a reset switch somewhere put can not find one. Is there such as thing?

And what lights are showing ?

It could be the thermostat / Element / any number of minor things...

Where are you located.. Could be a sponsor; just down the road...

Comment

And what lights are showing ?

It could be the thermostat / Element / any number of minor things...

Where are you located.. Could be a sponsor; just down the road...
      Thanks for the quick response.
      I have the green light showing.
      Located in Berowra NSW. North of Hornsby.

Comment

Originally posted by 06242F224B0 link=1265065342/0#0 date=1265065342

Also you might get more responses in the 3g pointy end.

Sounds like youve had the machine a while so this is probably a stupid suggestion - but did you turn the on/off switch all the way to 2? Position 1 gives you everything but the heater. 2 adds the element - a few times Ive come out bleary eyed and desperate for a coffee and neglected to go all the way

Comment

Yeah, thanks. Had the machine for a few years now. So yes it is on position 2. I have done some more web searching and have not had too much luck.. Looks like I may need to find a repairer near by. Can anyone recommend a good place that will look after me (ie not rip me off) I live north of Sydney and am happy to travel to go to a good place.
          Thanks

Comment

jetblack or sibonis in the sponsor list might be closest ?

also sent you a PM about a non sponsor mob

hope you sort it out.......

Comment

There is a re-set button on the thermostat - right hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by 222B382B3C2D3C2B232F4E0 link=1265065342/6#6 date=1265089294
                Thanks. Will see if I can find it. Is is obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by 507279741D0 link=1265065342/7#7 date=1265090587
                  Originally posted by 222B382B3C2D3C2B232F4E0 link=1265065342/6#6 date=1265089294
                  Thanks. Will see if I can find it. Is is obvious?
                  Turn the power off! Looking at the front of the machine, take the right hand cover off. Youll need an alan key for the single spring loaded screw in the top. The Thermostat is immediately under the end of the element end-plate. Theres a big red button in the middle. Push it - not hard. If its popped it should only need a touch to get it back in.

All this is assuming its the same as my E98 S. I think the earlier ones had the reset on the end plate. It shows you in the manual.

Goodluck,
                  Don

Comment

Turn the power off! Looking at the front of the machine, take the right hand cover off. Youll need an alan key for the single spring loaded screw in the top. The Thermostat is immediately under the end of the element end-plate. Theres a big red button in the middle. Push it - not hard. If its popped it should only need a touch to get it back in.

All this is assuming its the same as my E98 S. I think the earlier ones had the reset on the end plate. It shows you in the manual.

Goodluck,
                    Don

Thanks Don,
                    Yes we have the same machine. I found the thermostat but no such luck. It wasnt tripped. Looks like it might be something a little more expensive  :-[
                    Will follow up maheel suggestions.
                    Thanks all.

Comment

Modi,

You should try harder to push this one, sometimes is not as soft as appears, happen once to me.

Regards

Renzo
                      Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

Thanks Di, I did give it a fairly hard push, there was a little give, but it would appear that it was already in the "on" position. It may not be a thermostat issue after all.

The other thing is that I have had the machine for at least three years now so maybe it is time I took it in for a service.

thanks

Comment

Depending on what water and what maintenance / cleaning / flushing you have done over the last 3 years.

A service would be a top priorty..

Comment

I will get it in for a service. But I have always kept it clean done a daily flush. So it has been looked after. But off to the service shop I go.

Comment

A flush is one thing a true chemical clean etc is all together diferent..

Comment

Working...
                              X