X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Muzz,

I got mine from Jack at Sorrentina:
    commercial link removed per site posting policy
    Last edited by Javaphile; 27 June 2014, 11:35 AM. Reason: Commercial link(s) removed

Comment

• Thanks HTB, I saw on the site that they are sold out, I emailed to find out if they still bring them in to the Country.
      I currently have a sunbeam 6910 and am happy with the coffee. Just looking to upgrade to a lever machine, the only thing that I worry about with the Lusso is the tiny group heads and filter baskets... Has anyone upgraded from a similar machine? Surely I'll be able to make as good espresso with the Lusso as my Sunbeam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sully View Post
        Hey rgrosz,

Page 3 of this thread has instructions with pictures on how to remove the case and adjust the pressure. When actually taking off the case, don't force it just wiggle it and it should come off. Adjusting the pressure is a matter of trial and error, half a turn roughly equals about .1 bar

I have mine set to about 1bar which works for me. The coffee is great but the only problem is my wife isn't strong enough to pull the levers so I have to make all the coffee's in the house now.

Cheers

Dave
        Thanks for the info. I reviewed the photos and text - very helpful!

Comment

• Originally posted by muzz88 View Post
          Thanks HTB, I saw on the site that they are sold out, I emailed to find out if they still bring them in to the Country.
          I currently have a sunbeam 6910 and am happy with the coffee. Just looking to upgrade to a lever machine, the only thing that I worry about with the Lusso is the tiny group heads and filter baskets... Has anyone upgraded from a similar machine? Surely I'll be able to make as good espresso with the Lusso as my Sunbeam?

No danger there...

Assuming the ingredients are there (fresh roasted + decent grinder). These are just a few of the advantages over the 6910;
          # flavours......the pressure profile of the spring lever + temperature stabillity opens up a range of coffee largely unsuited to a pump machine.
          # silent........early morning hangover heaven
          # far easier to pull great shots .........sweet spot the size of a football field. As above, when you arent on the A game. If you are now used to the 6910, you will need to adjust your hand wringing and shot pour watching. Basically , take a chill pill and 'taste' the shot, looks arent everything in the cup.
          # faster....... pull 2 shots and steam milk at the same time, once you have the skill.

Comment

• Thanks for your comments Rev210. I haven't heard back from Sorrentina so I assume they don't import any more...

Comment

• Im an elektra owner, but its good to see a bunch of people jumping on board with the lever action!!! No one gets it until they "get" one

Comment

• Hi Muzz, I have a PVII and used to have a 6910. Loved my little 6910. Had some great brew from it. The PVII is a wonderful machine. Get the hang of it (not too hard) and ye shall be rewarded. There is no comparison the PV is a shorter shot but has a velvet and delicate butteriness that non lever machines don't have. Is it the deeper basket? The slower pressure build up and extraction? I don't know. But levers are different in a good way. I'm a fan.

Comment

• Ok so I've seen 3 PV lusso' for sale in the last 3 months or so, is there something I'm missing? Can't get parts for them?

Comment

• Nope, parts are easy to get......i think it's just upgraditis. Like all think in Geekdom, there's always a better, more commercial or even vintage version of the equiment you have.
                    Plus variety is the spice of life.

The PV are great, and are a stepping stone, just like a Silvia or a Domobar piccolo....

They're solidly built, very simple and easy to repair and very cheap....what's not to like!

Cheers

Comment

• Haha fair enough. Where exactly do you source parts from? I found a place over seas called '1st line equip' but I don't think they post internationally...

Comment

• You could try Bellabarsita or Orphan espresso (pick up a Pharos at the same time ).
                        I have only ordered through Sorrentina though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Framey View Post
                          Thought other PVL owners might like these:

Hi! I am a new member and I must say these are beautiful!! Did you make the handles? Or, is there a source where I could purchase the portafilter handles? Or does one have to purchase the portafilter too? I just received my PVL-2 3 days ago and didn't realize how much I was missing out! A complete newb. Matching lever handles would be totally awesome as well.
                          Thank you kindly in advance!

Comment

• I just picked up one of these, great little machine.

I've moved from a Bezzera HX with PID machine to the PVL.

The PVL is a nifty, the heat time is a lot longer than my HX and whilst the steam is good there is no where near as much as the Bezzera. So its a bit of an adjustment.

The shots from the PVL are really nice and it's really hard to make a bad shot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1431564929033.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	738869
                            Last edited by paulau; 14 May 2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• I just completed added an antivac mod on my PVL.

Name:	1432812556100.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	738941

I ordered these parts fromv sponsor Coffee Parts.

I didn't end up needing the right angle 620570.

Name:	1432812627978.jpg
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	738942

Cheers

Comment

• Who is selling the PVL machine this days? Sorrentina seems to be out of stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X