Ponte Vecchio Lusso Club Spring Lever espresso machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance schedule?

I've had my PVL for about 12 months, and everything is working well. I am still loving how forgiving this machine is, and my espresso usage has doubled.

One thing I had for my prior Gaggia Classic machine was a maintenance schedule. I haven't found anything like that (or any discussion about routine maintenance) for the PVL. Is there stuff other than routine de-scaling (with citric acid) that I should be doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by rgrosz View Post

One thing I had for my prior Gaggia Classic machine was a maintenance schedule. I haven't found anything like that (or any discussion about routine maintenance) for the PVL. Is there stuff other than routine de-scaling (with citric acid) that I should be doing?
      Actually it was posted early in the thread that the manual suggests using vinegar! Been devouring all the info as the machine so appeals to me. Have to do more reading yet. La Pavs can be descaled with vinegar as well.
      To make thngs even better, there is a thread about changing seals.
      http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...lusso-way.html

If you have read this already, how cool is the info written up by Jack? If not, enjoy the read.
      I have a sense of romance with lever machines. Or is that fond memories of Sicily in my youth!

Comment

• hey there sorrentina, do you know if the lusso has the same group head as the export model?

Comment

• G'day mate...

Don't believe that Sorrentina is active any more, unfortunately...

Mal.

Comment

• Any idea where to get parts from for these?

I need a Pstat and brain.

Comment

• Some pix of what they are will help us to help you.

Items are most likely generic or can be interchanged with generic

Cheers

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                G'day mate...

Don't believe that Sorrentina is active any more, unfortunately...

Mal.
                Cheers, I guess I can sort of join the club, got.the lever and in a Ponte Vecchio, just not the lusso

Comment

• Originally posted by Framey View Post
                  Thought other PVL owners might like these:

You have my attention....especially on the portafilter....not a PVL owner, instead a PVE owner (skinny brother)

Comment

• What is your pull time to get that crema and I'm guessing those beams you use are fairly fresh? on my export I tend to go 10 second hold followed by another 5seconds for the next and I get a good consistent crema for my flat whites.

Comment

• My export did that squeaking thing once I ran the vinegar through it as per the manual, then after a day its back to normal.

Comment

• I wish I discovered this post last year and I would have tried to track jack down I do suppose a lot has happened between now and 2012 so curious how many folks still have their ponte vecchios...I've had had my export since October and I absolutely love it and the coffees it provides me with

Comment

• I have one .. a single Group that I imported from Italy coming up 3 years ago in December. Have loved it only now in the process of changing the seals which I am finding particularly difficult to do. I have been trying to get in touch with Jack from Sorrentina to get a hold of the special tool he has for changing the seals .. only I haven't had a reply .. so I'm not sure whether Jack is still in action these days as it has been 3 years since I have been in contact with him.

Comment

• Hi all

" ... curious how many folks still have their ponte vecchios.. "

I got mine from Jack at Sorrentina in July 2010. So it's now over 6 years old. It's up at our farm and the wife and I use it every weekend. It's still going fine.

I use a full shot as an espresso for myself and a second full shot for the wife. Hers is with a dash of milk and a little top-up of hot water. Not in a full cup but in an espresso cup. Because the basket is small it would be too weak as a full cup.

Mike

Comment

• Hi Folks,

Had a PVL for 3 years and it is still running well - had to complete a 'brainectomy' (spilt coffee fried the brain) and change the piston seals in that time, both easy tasks. I emailed Jack about a month ago and he still has some stock of seals (I need to do them again).

I use the deepest basket and am happy with the coffee strength in a 180ml cup for flat whites (parents are happier with the same shot into a 220ml with milk)

Whilst they are a quirky machine - they do offer a great shot. Its a shame the company doesn't seem to care about producing a more refined product - they would be really terrific with a little more attention to finish. I'm happy enough with it that the jump in price to the next level of lever machine is not too tempting.....

Comment

• Originally posted by speleomike View Post
                                Hi all

" ... curious how many folks still have their ponte vecchios.. "

I got mine from Jack at Sorrentina in July 2010. So it's now over 6 years old. It's up at our farm and the wife and I use it every weekend. It's still going fine.

I use a full shot as an espresso for myself and a second full shot for the wife. Hers is with a dash of milk and a little top-up of hot water. Not in a full cup but in an espresso cup. Because the basket is small it would be too weak as a full cup.

Mike
                                I've had my PV export for a year now and it's great I wish it had a bigger group lol. I'm dreading the day I have to replace the seals but might have to take the shower off to see how much coffee has made it past.

Who's this jack you guys speak of and could somebody pm me his details? The lusso and export have identical parts so I want to get some seal kits in advance and would prefer to get them locally

Comment

Working...
                                X