Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simosay
    replied
    do you think the same seals would work for my pv export? i think original gaskets are 27*39*7
    Last edited by simosay; 29 March 2020, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NEOONE
    replied
    For those who are replacing seals on their Ponte, I refuse to pay $40 euro per set, so I took the old seals to my local hydraulic shop, and they were able to supply me some V-seals.

These are standard hydraulic V-seals, nothing fancy. 1" x 1.5" x 0.25" (Or 25.4mm x 38.1mm x 6.3mm). I managed to get a set of 6 x poly v-seals, rated for 6000psi heavy duty hydraulic pistons for $14.55 each, cheaper if you go standard low pressure rubber seals. Give them a good clean and wipedown with alcohol before installation.

They will probably outlast the machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vseal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	750776

Leave a comment:

• Green_Blue
    replied
    I'm looking to get some replacement seals for my lusso which I got from sorrentina coffee a couple of years ago.

I have looked on the la macchina del coffee website for parts and have got myself a bit confused about which seals I should be getting. Should I get the 5mm (KIT-PV5) or the 6mm seals (KIT-PV6).

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• abuch47
    replied
    Anyone know where to get a steam wand from?

1stline have it but only ship to US
    ponte vecchio dont respond
    la macchina del cafe only have the export steam wand

which i bought accidentally does anyone want to buy it of me for $20?

otherwise I will just bend the brass pipe to fit mine.

Leave a comment:

• blend52
    replied
    Originally posted by rgrosz View Post
    I will be purchasing the Londinium-R as my next lever machine. Don't seem to be many Londinium fans on coffeesnobs ...
    There is some history behind that !
    lets just say there were some divided opinions at the time of its release regarding its design and performance !

Leave a comment:

• abuch47
    replied
    I will be purchasing the Londinium-R as my next lever machine. Don't seem to be many Londinium fans on coffeesnobs ...
    Nice havn't followed that machine since its pre-debut.

I need a new steam wand as I have hairline cracks in mine due to so much use which lets steam out above the wiring.

Anyone know where and what sort ie 1 hole, 3 hole, 4 hole?

Leave a comment:

• rgrosz
    replied
    Originally posted by abuch47 View Post

What did/will you get?

just ordered $475 worth of spare parts

Leave a comment:

• abuch47
    replied
    The entire process of replacing the seals took me about 7 hours (over three days) Then I noticed that the last seal on the piston was totally trashed.

What did/will you get?

just ordered $475 worth of spare parts

Leave a comment:

• rgrosz
    replied
    One thing I had for my prior Gaggia Classic machine was a maintenance schedule. I haven't found anything like that (or any discussion about routine maintenance) for the PVL. Is there stuff other than routine de-scaling (with citric acid) that I should be doing?
    Originally posted by GreenBeanGenii View Post
    Actually it was posted early in the thread that the manual suggests using vinegar! Been devouring all the info as the machine so appeals to me. Have to do more reading yet. La Pavs can be descaled with vinegar as well.
    To make thngs even better, there is a thread about changing seals.
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...lusso-way.html

If you have read this already, how cool is the info written up by Jack? If not, enjoy the read.
    I have a sense of romance with lever machines. Or is that fond memories of Sicily in my youth!
    Looks like I am ready to replace my PVL. I am a software guy without much hand strength, not a hardware geek / engineer.

I read through the thread about changing the seals, and followed the instructions carefully. The entire process of replacing the seals took me about 7 hours (over three days), and ended in disaster. At the very last step, I tried to replace the shower screen. Then I noticed that the last seal on the piston was totally trashed.

Leave a comment:

• paulau
    replied
    Originally posted by speleomike View Post
    Hi

My PVL is years old and haven't yet got a seal problem but getting a set of seals before I need them would be a good idea. Perhaps if we have enough people we can do one order for several owners?

Mike
    I'd be up for a set of spare seals for mine also.

Leave a comment:

• speleomike
    replied
    Hi

My PVL is years old and haven't yet got a seal problem but getting a set of seals before I need them would be a good idea. Perhaps if we have enough people we can do one order for several owners?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• abuch47
    replied
    sorry matt no idea who has the machines but you can find a few expensive ones through googling. Try sorrentinas website contact.

Anyone know where to get seals cheapest? would like to stock a few sets.

Leave a comment:

• abuch47
    replied
    cant find edit button for my last post

also just got the antivac etc from coffe parts as per pauls post. def not 100% right thread but will work with some ptfe tape. tried without tape to just past hand tight (with a shifter) and turned her on and it leaked from every joint. The Lusso threads are probably something odd so this definitely seems to be the cheapest, quickest antivac mod even without a perfect fit. No more false pressure

Leave a comment:

• matth3wh
    replied
    Anyone still get these in to AU?

Leave a comment:

• level3ninja
    replied
    You might need to remove that link. You could instead say what to google to get there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X