"Shuttle" Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shuttle" Discussion thread

I noticed that this new coffee machine has come to market, and being the curious type, thought it might be appropriate to start a discussion thread.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251458192

"In functional terms, the Shuttle is built entirely from genuine Italian parts"

Does this mean that the internal components are Italian and the frame and skin come from somewhere else?

Where is it assembled?

28kg is pretty heavy for a machine with a vibe pump. What makes it 5kg heavier than the machine you compare it to on the website?

In the photo of the Shuttle, the skin looks distorted. Is it just the quality of the photo that makes it look like this?

The website compares this machine to another well-known machine (Rolls Royce), and pretty much, says the Shuttle (Bentley) is better. How so?

Cheers!

Re: "Shuttle" Discussion thread

Originally posted by 11303B3B3C26550 link=1271316295/0#0 date=1271316295
    built entirely from genuine Italian parts
    Interesting observations Dennis.....

Thinking about it, I am not sure if that would apply to any machine, be it Ferrari, Fiat or Great Wall  :-/

I wonder where pumps/pressurestats/boilers/solenoids et al are manufactured? More research required.....I *think* a lot of boiler manufacture happens in Asia for example?

I recall that Diamond said the Italia was all Italy. My opinion was that it was more likely from the Chinese prefecture of Italy....

Without seeing the Shuttle, its hard to make any conclusions I guess but given that a Minore III and VBM DS are both 28kg, it would be interesting to have a gander to see what makes it so heavy....

Comment

The 2 year warranty is a big plus do any other brand offer 2 years?  

the "made in Italy" would effect most brands wouldnt it?

much like BMW made in Mexico, or Holden made in Spain not Australia....

Leeham

Comment

Maybe a Sydney CSer could pop in for a test (with their camera). Ask questions and write up a review of the machine.

Im sure a lot of folk on a budget would be interested in this if its up to the specifications and build quality that it stated on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by 28242D202029450 link=1271316295/2#2 date=1271318787
          The 2 year warranty is a big plus
          Agree. And in the 2 years or so that Ive been selling machines that have a 12 month warranty period, I have never had one come back in need of repair - either inside or outside that period. Certainly, this could happen with any machine, but I believe that if it doesnt break within the first 12 months, then its unlikely to break in the next 12.

Comment

Originally posted by 04292B2D202125480 link=1271316295/3#3 date=1271319518
            Maybe a Sydney CSer could pop in for a test (with their camera)
            Good idea. Its only ever a snap shot though....Take the Scace too!

Originally posted by 5C7D7676716B180 link=1271316295/4#4 date=1271321156
            I believe that if it doesnt break within the first 12 months, then its unlikely to break in the next 12.
            Agreed, if there is an issue, it normally presents pretty quickly, or you have a long life with no issues. Most top end home machines are really just souped up kettles and pretty simple...

Lucky Sumbean doesnt offer a 2 year warranty....Theyd be in liquidation!  ;D

Comment

Hi Guys,

Id be delighted to lend a Shuttle to someone in the Coffeesnobs community for the purposes of putting it through its paces and reviewing it.

Preferably Id like the machine to be reviewed by someone not affiliated with a competitor of course!

Anyone interested can contact us by clicking on the E61 sponsor link.

The Shuttle will be available in a small select number of retail outlets shortly.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by 6A191E2F0 link=1271316295/6#6 date=1271331606
                Hi Guys,

Id be delighted to lend a Shuttle to someone in the Coffeesnobs community for the purposes of putting it through its paces and reviewing it.

Preferably Id like the machine to be reviewed by someone not affiliated with a competitor of course!

The Shuttle will be available in a small select number of retail outlets shortly.

Regards
                [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Good stuff e-61!

This will be a great opportunity for a CSer to have a good play....

2mcm

Comment

Originally posted by 772830262D262A2323202028242B450 link=1271316295/7#7 date=1271331707
                  Good stuff e-61!
                  This thread is a bloody good example of great CS sponsors working together with a common goal without the sometimes crappy competitiveness of "other" forums.......great unbiased reviews and brilliant coffee [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That why we all hang around!

PS and for TGs sense of humor :

BOT

Comment

Originally posted by 5F2C2B1A0 link=1271316295/6#6 date=1271331606
                    Watch out - youll find a queue forming all the way up York St.!

Originally posted by 28776F797279757C7C7F7F777B741A0 link=1271316295/7#7 date=1271331707
                    Good stuff e-61!
                    I agree! 8-)

Comment

Good thread ..... I clicked on the sponsor link to E61 by chance over the weekend and stumbled across the "Shuttle" and quickly came back to do a search which resulted in nothing. I had intended to ask for experiences with the machine but I was beaten to it.

E61 ..... you state that the Shuttle will be available in a small select number of retail outlets shortly. Without giving too much away would these stores cover warranty issues in different states or will it be return to NSW?

Comment

Ill put my hands up to run it through its paces.

Cheers,
                        Luca

Comment

Originally posted by 5C2F28190 link=1271316295/6#6 date=1271331606
                          Ill think about it but having wheeled the new clothes dryer home from Lakemba because it wouldnt fit in the car Im not too sure about how Id get it home on the bus (no parking in York St).

Originally posted by 4E4A6C7575706F7877190 link=1271316295/8#8 date=1271332200
                          That why we all hang around!

PS and for TGs sense of humor

Comment

Good Morning Coffeesnobs,

Just to let you know we share an office space in York Street Sydney and it is used for administration and operational purposes.

Whilst we are always happy to meet customers we would ask that you ring to make an appointment first.

Thanks for the great response last night. I expect we will have more people ask to test the Shuttle today!

In an attempt to be as fair as possible our plan now is to get a couple of machines out. One in NSW, One in VIC and perhaps one in another state if anyone is interested.

The E61 team

Comment

Dear Sir Stinkalot

Originally posted by 477D664B47607D7A7F75787B60140 link=1271316295/10#10 date=1271335004
                              E61 ..... you state that the Shuttle will be available in a small select number of retail outlets shortly. Without giving too much away would these stores cover warranty issues in different states or will it be return to NSW?
                              We are just completing negotiations with service centres in metropolitan Victoria and Queensland and expect these to be formally online in the next week or so. Until then the Shuttle can be returned to us in Sydney (at our expense) for warranty issues. This will also be the procedure (for a while at least) for purchasers outside Victoria, NSW and Queensland.

Regards

The E61 Team

Comment

Working...
                              X