Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Shuttle" Discussion thread

Nice to see E61 join in the discussion.
    Ill put my hands up to run it through its paces.

Cheers,
    Luca
    Ill put in a vote for Luca to review the Shuttle, his Maver Makin review was excellant.

Comment

Originally posted by 425D57465B55595146340 link=1271316295/15#15 date=1271373057
      Ill put in a vote for Luca to review the Shuttle, his Maver Makin review was excellant.
      X2, lucas reviews on anything are fantastic

Comment

For whoever does a review: It would be nice to see a shootout with the other machines in the price range e.g Isomac Tea and Exobar Leva.

Comment

It would be difficult to give a "shootout" style review if youre not associated with a competitor.

For us CS who dont have access to a Scace, it might also be difficult to give a technical sort of review.

Comment

Im happy to do a review - side by side with a Minore III. Maybe visit Dennis and do a scace?

Comment

Hmm...I smell a Sydney CS gathering :P

Not at your place Ben, wed just piss off the cat lady.

Comment

Originally posted by 6A626D6B63393C080 link=1271316295/19#19 date=1271383129
                Im happy to do a review - side by side with a Minore III. Maybe visit Dennis and do a scace?
                Thanks for thinking of me Ben. While Id love to participate, there would exist at least a perception that I may be biased. The irony in that is that we all are.

Lets be clear. This machine is being marketed as a direct competitor to the GPP, and therefore, if comparisons are to be made, then they should be made accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by 0D2C2727203A490 link=1271316295/21#21 date=1271384123
                  Originally posted by 6A626D6B63393C080 link=1271316295/19#19 date=1271383129
                  Thanks for thinking of me Ben.  While Id love to participate, there would exist at least a perception that I may be biased.  The irony in that is that we all are.  

Lets be clear.  This machine is being marketed as a direct competitor to the GPP, and therefore, if comparisons are to be made, then they should be made accordingly.
                  Yer good point. And valid that if a side by side comparison could be made, the GPP would be perfect to do it against.

WotB - appreciate your concern for the cat lady

Comment

Originally posted by 1B3A3131362C5F0 link=1271316295/21#21 date=1271384123
                    Lets be clear.  This machine is being marketed as a direct competitor to the GPP, and therefore, if comparisons are to be made, then they should be made accordingly.
                    Unless I am mistaken the GPP is in a different price bracket ($1995 vs $2999). I dont selll coffee machines for a living but I would imagine the price would be a huge factor for most customers.

For me what is important is how does the machine compare to other machines in the price range. e.g. Isomac tea, maybe Domobar Jnr.

Comment

The thing is its basically the same machine, major component wise, thats why they are up against each other, not price.

Comment

Originally posted by 6E7264060 link=1271316295/23#23 date=1271385757
                        Originally posted by 1B3A3131362C5F0 link=1271316295/21#21 date=1271384123
                        Unless I am mistaken the GPP is in a different price bracket ($1995 vs $2999). I dont selll coffee machines for a living but I would imagine the price would be a huge factor for most customers.

For me what is important is how does the machine compare to other machines in the price range. e.g. Isomac tea, maybe Domobar Jnr.
                        Its the fact that it has been marketed directly against the GPP as mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by 666E61676F3530040 link=1271316295/25#25 date=1271386168
                          Its the fact that it has been marketed directly against the GPP as mentioned above.  
                          Correct.  And the way I read the blurb, the Shuttle is said to be better.

So to expand, I think if any reviews come about, the Shuttle should be assessed on, 1) its own merits, and 2) a comparison to the GPP.

ps. My personal opinion is that very few machines compare to the Isomac Tea. This is a good thing. :P

Comment

I realise that but to me personally a review comparing a $2000 machine vs a $3000 machine will make an entertaining read but would probably not help me make a purchasing decision.

I guess it comes down to who the target audience is for this review.

Comment

Originally posted by 687462000 link=1271316295/27#27 date=1271387089
                              I realise that
                              Which is why I said:

Originally posted by 44656E6E6973000 link=1271316295/26#26 date=1271386737
                              should be assessed on, 1) its own merits

Comment

Originally posted by 485442200 link=1271316295/27#27 date=1271387089
                                I realise that but to me personally a review comparing a $2000 machine vs a $3000 machine will make an entertaining read but would probably not help me make a purchasing decision.

I guess it comes down to who the target audience is for this review.
                                Not necessarily. If they are saying its as good as a GPP but $1000 cheaper, then it should be compared to a GPP in any review. Then depending on the results, the customer can decide if its worth paying the extra money for the GPP.

Comparisons should be made on specs eg boiler size, tank size, power, overall dimensions.

Comparisons can be difficult in this range of machine. For example I bought a VBM Jnr, for a few hundred more I could have had a GPP or domus galatea or Diadema junior extra. But I physically didnt have the room for it and the wife totally barred anything too big - so hence the VBM jnr. So there are lots of considerations that need to be made - however from a reviewers point of view, if its a similar specced machine then its fair game.

By the way, a review is not going to be able to discern how a machine will fair with time - only sales history over
                                time can determine that. So even if the shuttle does well in making coffee during the review, no one knows if it will be a problematic machine until you have some history behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X