"Shuttle" Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Shuttle" Discussion thread

Originally posted by 7074524B4B4E514649270 link=1271316295/74#74 date=1274261799
    Yep, id put a vote in for AM to do a review, ill drop in and do a side by side with my GPP, same beans, same baskets, same tamper, same process, see what we get........if he could get it buy the 6th June, that would be perfect as we have a Brissie get together
    Even have a Unico Splendor here that need some more coffee through it.. As well a Loan Miss BCF from Brewman.  

A k3 T and MaCap M5 grinder..

Now I could also pop up the Saeco Magic as a true high end comparison :-)  Or the Pod machine..

Or even an EM69AMB  ;D

To be honest... Getting good pics is the biggest concern along with enough quality beans..  Wsully... Ya recon ya could manage it.. That is to roast enough and of same quality ?

Note:

Ya know what I think about i-phones..

Well the fact is; I call a spade a spade and to me the ability to do a first look and a bit of a compare is a huge complement.  Further more, as there are a few items around my home and the CS gathering - I would like to think Wsully and I can add a level of context to what we see / find.

Comment

Originally posted by 5D727B796E517D727D7B79717972681C0 link=1271316295/75#75 date=1274262191
      Even have a unico Splendor here that need some more work as well a Loan Miss BCF from Brewman.

And youd have my Super Jolly too!
      Originally posted by 5D727B796E517D727D7B79717972681C0 link=1271316295/75#75 date=1274262191
      Ya recon ya could manage it.. That is to roast enough and of same quality ?
      You know it! lol, might brew up some CP for the occasion too!!

We can put a tonne of shots through that shuttle, what i did to test out my GPP was to grab 20-30 take-away cups few litres of milk and a bag of fresh beans and push it cup after cup back to back to see if i could push the machine to the limit.......fortunately the GPP won, didnt skip a beat 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 7672544D4D4857404F210 link=1271316295/76#76 date=1274263362
        Even have a unico Splendor here that need some more work as well a Loan Miss BCF from Brewman.

And youd have my Super Jolly too!
        Ya recon ya could manage it.. That is to roast enough and of same quality ?
        You know it! lol, might brew up some CP for the occasion too!!

We can put a tonne of shots through that shuttle, what i did to test out my GPP was to grab 20-30 take-away cups few litres of milk and a bag of fresh beans and push it cup after cup back to back to see if i could push the machine to the limit.......fortunately the GPP won, didnt skip a beat 8-)
        So if all works out for E61 Espresso Machinery and I / We win the guernsey... Your making coffee out of 4 machines for every one in attendance..

Bugger.. Will need to get small cups to feed to teh kids.... Better than red cordial ;D

Will need to send the call out for more CSérs to turn up..

BeanScene ya need to send a rep ....

Would make a great CS special page; in addition to the usual one page CS section...

Comment

Geez thatd be worth a flight to Brissy

Comment

Originally posted by 3E3F3526383D27540 link=1271316295/78#78 date=1274265159
            Geez thatd be worth a flight to Brissy
            I saw that and thought ya was talking about teh spanking...

Go look at ya other post..

It had me in fits ;D

Comment

The Shuttle has Landed!

The Shuttle has now landed at Lucas place where it will be reviewed with technical expertise and considered professional opinion.

After that it will be relaunched and sent to AngerManagement in Brisbane..... where it will be flogged!!

The E61 Shuttle Control Centre

Comment

Originally posted by 166562530 link=1271316295/80#80 date=1274503149
                The Shuttle has Landed!

The Shuttle has now landed at Lucas place where it will be reviewed with technical expertise and considered professional opinion.

After that it will be relaunched and sent to AngerManagement in Brisbane..... where it will be flogged!!

The E61 Shuttle Control Centre
                I promise we will not flog... Put through some paces YES.

A three pronged Approach / Review.

1: Espresso / Milk based / Anal coffee drinkers that have prosumer views / expectations - Machine and whats in teh cup 8-)

2: Partners and others that are more focused on every day coffee making :-* (does this account for much )

3: Build quality and technical - Upgradeitus / Resale value :-/ Guesstimates at best; as different users want different things.

Bugger... I guess that means FLOGGED

Comment

Ok... A week to go and hopefully just prior to the 6th...

A box shall be delivered etc.. Containing at least ONE E61 Shuttle in its standard shipping arrangement.

While one part of me wants to see what Lucas has to say... The other part of me says... NO bias - A clear and open mind...

Yes there has been a previous review and other comments etc floating about... But years in the contract game and Quality has taught me a few tricks 8-)

So for those that may want to see the E61 Shuttle first hand...

Check out the CS social pages and the small gathering on the 6th of June 2010.

Comment

Dare I say I put my hand up to buy the demo machine that has been tested by Luca and flogged by AM?

Will the machine be up for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by 2732203B3A36530 link=1271316295/83#83 date=1275101258
                      Dare I say I put my hand up to buy the demo machine that has been tested by Luca and flogged by AM?

Will the machine be up for sale?
                      I wouldnt if I were you Tashie- and Id doubt E-61 will sell it anyway...

Freight companies have not been kind to it :. If its a Shuttle you have decided on, get a newie...

Chris

Comment

Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm that I have the machine and am playing around with it. Hopefully Ill be able to put something up in a week or two. Thanks to E61 for lending it to me - these sorts of things are always fun!

AM, can I check two things - (a) is it the machine that I have that is to be sent up to you? and (b) do you want me to hold back on posting anything until youre also ready to post comments?

Given that my last article for cafe culture was about measurement for baristas, I have borrowed a Scace device and pressure measuring portafilter to use. Unfortunately, I dont have the multimeter kit that I would need to create some graphs, so I will have to report it all in numbers.

Finally, I should ask if people want me to make reference to other "prosumer" e61 hx machines in writing about this thing? I have access to a giotto at work. My Makin edition Maver is currently having some experimental mods done to it. I understand from Chris that the giotto that I have at work isnt standard, but, rather, has had some tweeks to address some of my peeves with that machine that I whinged to Chris about ;P The point is that I can make some comparative comments, but its not as if I will be doing so by having a bunch of retail machines next to each other.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

what about a 3 fold type review

1. judge it on it own merits, how good a coffee it makes what the build and parts quality is like etc. ease of use and predicted life span

2. how it stacks up against other "pro sumers" just "off the shelf" for a standard coffee consumer

3 how it stacks up against a fully tweaked machine of a coffeesnob...... is it tweakable  and what might be needed to tweak
                          eg is it a class leader or one of the pack

Comment

Originally posted by 322B3D3F5E0 link=1271316295/85#85 date=1275148233
                            Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm that I have the machine and am playing around with it.  Hopefully Ill be able to put something up in a week or two.  Thanks to E61 for lending it to me - these sorts of things are always fun!

AM, can I check two things - (a) is it the machine that I have that is to be sent up to you? and (b) do you want me to hold back on posting anything until youre also ready to post comments?
                            1: Only E61 can answer that

2: Your call... Some would love to see now / Myself  sort of... Ok with not.

Maybe a shortened one ie. an exective summary  

Given that my last article for cafe culture was about measurement for baristas, I have borrowed a Scace device and pressure measuring portafilter to use.  Unfortunately, I dont have the multimeter kit that I would need to create some graphs, so I will have to report it all in numbers.
                            Have Gregs gauge and should have db meters and other test equement as well.. ON the 6th or shortly after  

Finally, I should ask if people want me to make reference to other "prosumer" e61 hx machines in writing about this thing?  I have access to a giotto at work.  My Makin edition Maver is currently having some experimental mods done to it.  I understand from Chris that the giotto that I have at work isnt standard, but, rather, has had some tweeks to address some of my peeves with that machine that I whinged to Chris about ;P  The point is that I can make some comparative comments, but its not as if I will be doing so by having a bunch of retail machines next to each other.

Cheers,

Luca
                            CONTEXT... Whil some may still not see it; what ever is said ,must be in context...  Tis a great Machine and one of the better ones  Vs  Good  value for and an exelent steping stone. CONTEXT and even more CONTEXT.

Observations noted and it must be made clear as to Assumptions, Biases and why / where conclusions were arrived at..

I mean at the end of the day...

Does it allow one to make coffee ?
                            • Do it do so in such a way that the majority of users / drinkers will be able to piuck the differance ?
                            • General public/masses   VS   Coffee Snobs and those with super pallets..

Sorry; we all know thw Beans and Grinder and User  (BGU) will have a bigger impact in the outcome from any machine...

NOTE: Many will still dissagree as there experiencing diferent things..

I just got to have a reason to use fancy test tools.. Even went an miked my DCM VS Miss BCF and Unico Splendor...  Interesting  

PS..

No retractable power coard - 15% down to start with...

No finger hole in the plug for safe removal, a further 15% off

Rubber feet that leave marks - a further 5% off

As small kids can not read, any item that can be touched by a child by reaching up- must be safe to that child - a further 35% off

(testing will be done with any and all kids / babies in attandance - burn cream will be on hand)

So as you can see; whats in the cup is only a small concern to some - CONTEXT it is all about CONTEXT.

Comment

Originally posted by 6B726466070 link=1271316295/85#85 date=1275148233
                               I understand from Chris that the giotto that I have at work isnt standard, but, rather, has had some tweeks to address some of my peeves with that machine that I whinged to Chris about ;P
                              Hmm....I dont recall anything other than a thorough bench test on your work GPP Luca. I am absolutely certain that the restrictor set is as it was when it left the factory and there were definitely no changes to boiler pressure. I am 99.99% sure that your GPP is absolutely standard :-/

Chris

Comment

Im not sure what others may think but if individual reviews can be constructed such that each is contiguous within a single/consecutive post(s), the three reviews can then be consolidated into a single report and posted in the Equipment Review Section where everyone has easy access to it. I guess it could be consolidated into PDF Document format if the total report exceeds the 10,000 character limit for a single post.

This thread will remain "as is - where is" of course....

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                                X