Steam problems on 2 group Wega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steam problems on 2 group Wega

Originally posted by 21232F2727292E33400 link=1274527580/13#13 date=1274610782
    Honestly, the espresso from this machine is pretty ordinary too. Looks nice when it pours from the spout, nice viscosity and colour, but lacks sweetness of balance. Often has a bitter finish.

One things for sure, this is going to force me to learn about the inner workings of an HX machine.
    UPDATE PLEASE

Comment

Shortly after posting this, my machine had pump or pump motor problems so its been away at the espresso mechanics for the past two weeks. Ive not had a chance to take the knowledge in this thread and apply it yet.

Frustratingly, the techs gave the boiler an acid flush and new seals even though I told them the seals were a week old and the pump was the problem, not a contaminated boiler. I wont go mentioning company names, needless to say Im a little displeased.

Ill update when theres news.

Comment

Originally posted by 45474B43434D4A57240 link=1274527580/16#16 date=1275563732
        Shortly after posting this, my machine had pump or pump motor problems so its been away at the espresso mechanics for the past two weeks. Ive not had a chance to take the knowledge in this thread and apply it yet.

Frustratingly, the techs gave the boiler an acid flush and new seals even though I told them the seals were a week old and the pump was the problem, not a contaminated boiler. I wont go mentioning company names, needless to say Im a little displeased.

Ill update when theres news.
        So sorry to hear... Considering it started out as wet steam ?

Sorry... Seen some service in my time that should have never been..

What is worse is when things dont work and or get damaged and you end up paying for it. In one manner or another...

Remember if your paying for it; you get to keep the dead parts... Just mike sure they are from your machine.... They often tell an interesting story..

Will be at the Hilton Tuesday night and fly out Wednesday afternoon - if ya around... Work could keep me a bit late and around the hotel.. But feel free to drop me a line or Call in.

PS. The coffee there is shit !!!

Comment

Not good news hope you get some better results out of it for the money in and hope for a good coffee drinking market crowd for you

Comment

Unfortunately after two wet weeks in a row, my events for last Saturday and today were canceled, meaning I had 12 litres of milk going off tomorrow. So, what do you do with 12 litres of milk you cant use?

Practice.

So, today I steamed my way through (almost) 12 litres of milk.

I have to say, after getting my machine back, and working on my technique Im quite happy with the results. Was the problem with me all along? I still dont think so. I could get good results on other commercial machines without much effort. Perhaps the milk I was using the other week was crap. The milk was full of tiny bubbles surface bubbles the way Ive seen on sub-par milk before. Perhaps my machine has been fine tuned while away. Not sure.

For those wondering, my machines pstat stops at 1.2 bar and kicks in again when it drops below 1 bar.

Something Im unsure of is where the adjusting the pstat widens the deadband or simply moves it up or down the pressure range?

A few piccies from my fun day.

Comment

Originally posted by 4B49454D4D4344592A0 link=1274527580/19#19 date=1275720526
              Something Im unsure of is where the adjusting the pstat widens the deadband or simply moves it up or down the pressure range?
              Yes and NO.

In general the deadband is fixed and a characteristic of the pstat..

Some fancy units will offer you some level of control, but there will always be a deadband of some sort.

So what did they find / say ?

Comment

Originally posted by 6E41484A5D624E414E484A424A415B2F0 link=1274527580/20#20 date=1275722108
                So what did they find / say ?
                As I said above, very little information from them.

One thing Ive done in the past day is downgrade it to 10 amps (in consultation with both an electrician and espresso machine tech) but I doubt that would have an effect on steam performance in a good way.

Comment

that bucket looks something like the beer i have been brewing when the krausen (yeast head / froth) really gets going.......

glad to hear you back to getting better texture.

there has been a few discussions on milk changing "quality", i reckon different brands are different to work with.

I really like the Harris Farm FC milk at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by 69464F4D5A654946494F4D454D465C280 link=1274527580/20#20 date=1275722108
                    Its a Sirai pressure stat btw, if that helps give an answer. So if I crank the pstat a few revolutions, its only going to move that .2 bar deadband up or down so that the top end might be 1.8 bar for example with a low end of 1.6 bar?

Not suggesting these are ideal settings, simply trying to illustrate.

Oh, do you like my giant bucketccino above?

Comment

Originally posted by 00020E0606080F12610 link=1274527580/23#23 date=1275725312
                      Originally posted by 69464F4D5A654946494F4D454D465C280 link=1274527580/20#20 date=1275722108
                      Its a Sirai pressure stat btw, if that helps give an answer. So if I crank the pstat a few revolutions, its only going to move that .2 bar deadband up or down so that the top end might be 1.8 bar for example with a low end of 1.6 bar?

Not suggesting these are ideal settings, simply trying to illustrate.

as your adjusting the screw against a spring in the Sari i would think its going to have some effect on the dead band but I have no real idea how much (not much I reckon as the movement seems small on the screw / spring). as AM said (yes and no) as your also changing other dynamics of the machine.

you would have a bigger effect on dead band (time wise) by insulating the boiler

but i assume your really talking how much "bar" in the deadband not the time frame of it.

Comment

Marketing..

Designed to adjust from .5 bar to 1.5 bar.  These switches are a VERY common replacement item on most brands of espresso machine.

This is the most probable fix if your espresso machine has any of the following symptoms:

• Looses pressure randomly throughout the day
                        • Does not stop heating or machine over pressures by spraying out the top
                        • Has a large swing from low operating pressure to high

What is low to high..  

Looking fo the full tec specs as that should provide all the linearity and response curves and then your informed...

www.sirai.com/inglese/pdf/altri/P302.pdf

A quick look says 0.15 fixed..  But remember any crap on probes and or age will add to that.. Also depends on your exact model and a little got ya...

80°C max ambient .. So if its all hot back there; the specs can only be referenced as a guide.

Originally posted by 4D4F434B4B45425F2C0 link=1274527580/23#23 date=1275725312
                        That is the cup that should have been given to "Goliath" in that Campbell soup add.

Now if ya used RED coco I would have thought you were striping a cow post calving..

Comment

Working...
                        X