No announcement yet.

VBM Domobar Jr - what a nice machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VBM Domobar Jr - what a nice machine!

When I took the spouts off my VBM handles, I locked the spout in a vice and cranked on the handle. I reckon I was close to breaking the handle before the thread sealant gave way. ;D

I recommend some heat to soften the sealant.

Greg

Comment

I didnt know where to post this, but I just had to. I have been using my VBM Jnr for a few months now, and I love it. Up till now I have been using my trusty Nuovo Point tulip cups - I am not sure what the volume is - to make a 60ml double topped up with milk. I dont know what you would technically call it - strong latte or double macchiato. It tasted good but the balance was slightly wrong to my taste buds. Yesterday whilst at Ikea I bought a cheap set of duralex imitation small latte glasses total volume 150ml. This morning my 60ml double topped up to 150ml in the new glass tasted amazing. I cant believe the difference. I know its a very small thing, but when you get the right glassware for your particular tastes, then its like the stars have aligned. I love my VBM jnr  

Comment

Originally posted by 5C5B50505B4A4A3E0 link=1275781489/16#16 date=1276398280
        Yesterday whilst at Ikea I bought a cheap set of duralex imitation small latte glasses total volume 150ml. This morning my 60ml double topped up to 150ml in the new glass tasted amazing. I cant believe the difference. I know its a very small thing, but when you get the right glassware for your particular tastes, then its like the stars have aligned. I love my VBM jnr  
        This is my standard drink too Bennet.... More or less, a Doppio Piccolo Latté 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Picked up my Junior the other day from Supreme roasters. And yes it is a nice machine. Works so well and build quality is through the roof. Only issue is the rattle on the spill tray but some tape soon fixed that minor probleml. Also thanks roger for the training and tips.

Comment

Working...
          X