Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just bought a 2nd hand BZ99........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just bought a 2nd hand BZ99........

Im looking for input on how to learn about the machine, to tune it and get the best out of it. I have made relatively good coffee with a garden variety machine. Id like to learn how to make great coffee from a machine that will take some effort.

What mistake have you made?

Cheers

Mike ;D

Re: So I just bought a 2nd hand BZ99........

What is a "garden variety machine"?
    Answering your question might be easier if we know what you are used to.

Comment

I would strongly recommend a home barista course as well, as they usually allow you to take your own machine. If you are in Victoria you may be able to tag along to the one in 2007 that 2mcm is organising. I found the course I did invaluable in getting the basics working and this meant being consistent and gave me plenty to practice when I got back home.

Comment

Originally posted by macjinvestments link=1165922354/0#0 date=1165922354
        Im looking for input on how to learn about the machine, to tune it and get the best out of it. I have made relatively good coffee with a garden variety machine. Id like to learn how to make great coffee from a machine that will take some effort.

What mistake have you made?

Cheers

Mike ;D
        Im assuming that the old machine didnt take effort- then either superautomatic (but thats not garden variety, though flawed) or base line breville/sunbeam/delonghi? If it was a gaggia, silvia etc then its not really different- just easier really.

I have a larger bezzera (commercial) and love it for its ease and reliability. There are quite a few bezzera users on coffee snobs. They (machines not coffee snobs!) do take effort, but its just the usual effort required for any semiauto machine. They totally unfussy and very long lived. Youve done very well
        Brett

ps is it in good working order- no leaks around steam arm filter handle sealing well? If not contact

www.coffeeparts.com

they have a bz page

Comment

Working...
        X