Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on choosing Expobar, Isomac or Vibiemme

Hi all,

I am requesting a bit of advice on peoples experience with the following machines. Expobar Office Leva, Isomac Tea Due and the Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

I am looking to purchase a new machine but live too far from any shops just pop in and try stuff. So I am trying to get as much info before I head to Melbourne as possible.

The machine will generally be used to make at least 2 milk based coffees a day but eight plus milk based coffees for family get togethers (once a forthnight).

From my internet research I am leaning towards the Domobar or the Tea but I would like people to let me know why they chose(or would choose) one over the rest.
    Thanks heaps in advance.

Ben

Re: Advice on choosing Expobar, Isomac or Vibiemme

Hi Ben,

In my opinion, the build quality of Expobar lags behind the Italian machines.

I know nothing about Isomac, but my son just bought a VBM Domobar Junior & we are both very impressed with it. It does seem very compact though compared with my Giotto.

Toad.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Toad. I had read a few posts about Expobars not being as well finished as the Italian machines.
      Good to hear the VBM is impressive machine.

Comment

Hi Ben,
        I have just been through the process, also live away from Melbourne. While I did not see an Expobar or an Isomac I was most impressed with the Rocket Giotto. However I totally blew the budget and ended up with an Izzo Alex duetto.

I have no doubt all these machines will make excellent coffee. My decision was made mostly on build quality and control of temperature, as well as appearance.

Have a chat with Chris at Talk Coffee, a CS sponsor, a fund of information, with a good range of machines on display.

Cheers
        Sitara

Comment

Originally posted by 112A2421450 link=1292029649/1#1 date=1292030719
          In my opinion, the build quality of Expobar lags behind the Italian machines.
          Thats a bold unsupported statement.
          Please explain.

------------------

Ben, I have an Expobar Leva and theres nothing wrong with the build quality.

Now I will admit that some of the Italian machines appear to be shinier and fancier looking but that comes down to aesthetics and personal taste.

As far as "build quality" the only thing that wasnt up to scratch IMO (and Im a standards auditor) was the plastic rocker power switch.
          After a few years the heat deteriorated it and it needed replacing.
          The new models now have a metal switch.

If you want to pay extra dollars for bling Ben, thats up to you.

My Expobar is functional, solid and reliable.

Im not knocking the Domobar or the Tea.

Comment

+1 for expobars

Comment

thanks for the advice guys. Perhaps I need to try all three machines?

Comment

Originally posted by 635F4259535245505853370 link=1292029649/4#4 date=1292031940
                Thats a bold unsupported statement.
                Please explain.
                Internally I cant comment. But externally, Blind Freddy could tell you that the Expobars arent as well finished. Thats not to say they are a lesser machine. Just that when weighing up pros and cons one of the cons of the Expobars is the external finish. The other machines too have pros and cons, so this isnt bagging Expobars, just pointing out the obvious. But as TG said the external bling doesnt really say anything about the internal build quality.

Comment

Very interesting!

I wonder why you wouldnt put one of our excellent Diadema Junior Plus machines into the mix for judging?

Regardz,
                  Attilio
                  very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Hi Ben,

The best thing to do is look for yourself and choose the right machine for you.

The VBM is on demo duty as is a Diadema and a few buddies.

Id agree that the Expobar is a very good machine although it sells in lower quantities. It is not as nicely finished as some of the others.

I an happy to talk/show you some pros and cons- as you prefer.

Ultimately, the best machine is the one that has the best match of features you require.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 4F736E757F7E697C747F1B0 link=1292029649/4#4 date=1292031940
                      Toad wrote on Today at 13:20:19:
                      In my opinion, the build quality of Expobar lags behind the Italian machines. Thats a bold unsupported statement.
                      Please explain.

------------------

Ben, I have an Expobar Leva and theres nothing wrong with the build quality.

Now I will admit that some of the Italian machines appear to be shinier and fancier looking but that comes down to aesthetics and personal taste.

As far as "build quality" the only thing that wasnt up to scratch IMO (and Im a standards auditor) was the plastic rocker power switch.
                      After a few years the heat deteriorated it and it needed replacing.
                      The new models now have a metal switch.

If you want to pay extra dollars for bling Ben, thats up to you.

My Expobar is functional, solid and reliable.

Im not knocking the Domobar or the Tea.
                      +2 I agree with with TG and I will put my Expobar up againts any of the Blings as to what ends up in the cup where it counts

Originally posted by 4F7A77704458747D7D7E7E1B0 link=1292029649/9#9 date=1292045231
                      Ultimately, the best machine is the one that has the best match of features you require.
                      Right on Kris and the best way to find that out is to have a hands on play with all in your list

cheers Gra..

Comment

Originally posted by 3B3C37373C2D2D590 link=1292029649/7#7 date=1292040932
                        But externally, Blind Freddy could tell you that the Expobars arent as well finished.
                        "Finish"?

Do you only mean they are shinier or what?

No one has been specific yet.

A few years ago there was talk of rough/sharp edges.
                        There was nothing like that on mine.

My father was a builder and I did metalwork at school.
                        Im sure you lot would guess that with my addictive personality I can be pretty fussy if I want to about the smallest of details.
                        However theres also a practical side to me and "bling" doesnt always sway me.

Not to say it doesnt have its place.
                        For example I went over the top with my popper and had a stainless steel muffler piece custom made to fit it for a chimney.

However, I wont have my Expobar slighted without some substantiated examples of lower standard of finish.

Someone please explain what they they mean by "not finished (externally) as well".

Comment

Attilio - I havent heard/read much about them. Why do you recommend them?

Comment

Originally posted by 55525959524343370 link=1292029649/7#7 date=1292040932
                            Internally I cant comment. But externally, Blind Freddy could tell you that the Expobars arent as well finished.
                            How much bling do you want 8-)

Gra..

Comment

Originally posted by 6D584B2A0 link=1292029649/13#13 date=1292052802
                              How much bling do you want  
                              I reckon if you have to look at something every day, a modicum of bling is ok.  Most, if not all Italian machines are better finished. Nevertheless, the Expobar gear delivers in the cup as do all good machines. The key is to buy a good machine, not something which simply looks good...

Originally posted by 6468676C606B71050 link=1292029649/12#12 date=1292052541
                              Attilio - I havent heard/read much about them. Why do you recommend them?
                              Then you need to to more browsing Ben

Try the quick search tab >>>>>^^^^^^ where you will find a host of threads related to Diadema. They are the best finished machines on the market and Attilio is the Australian importer. We are the Melbourne agent for Diadema

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X