Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy Giotto Premium Plus in Melbourne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy Giotto Premium Plus in Melbourne?

Hi. CS virgin here, about to take the plunge into machine ownership after years of lurking. Think we have narrowed our search down to the Giotto Premium Plus (but still need to test drive it) and am wondering if members have any suggestions re where to buy in Melbourne? Any spruiking from site sponsors very welcome! Ta, and thanks for your time.

Re: Best place to buy Giotto Premium Plus in Melbourne?

Originally posted by 6C7E6D7E7740727E667D7A6D6D661F0 link=1292401226/0#0 date=1292401226
    Hi. CS virgin here, about to take the plunge into machine ownership after years of lurking. Think we have narrowed our search down to the Giotto Premium Plus (but still need to test drive it) and am wondering if members have any suggestions re where to buy in Melbourne? Any spruiking from site sponsors very welcome! Ta, and thanks for your time.
    Hello Mayhem,

Spruiking from sponsors within discussion threads is frowned upon in CS. We have sponsor threads for that

If you would like to have a look see what one can do, you are most welcome to make a time to come and sample our demo machine...

Happy shopping!

Chris

Comment

But spruiking from very happy customers is allowed and the man that just posted above me is very modest.

I can only speak from experience and Chris from Talk Coffee is very helpful and if you buy a Giotto Premuim Plus from him, you will have a machine that has been tested and that you know is in good working order and you will have all the after sales back up and support you need.

I know the other sponsors are great too but I can only talk from experience and if you take the time to go and see Chris and demo a Giotto you will see what I mean.

Comment

I agree with the above post-go see Chris at Talk Coffee and you will get great service and support. Also if you are plunging into the world of espresso machine ownership for the first time, you will find Chris is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Comment

I also went and visited Chris and came home with a GPP 8-)

I have had it about 12 months now and it has worked flawlessly, I recently contacted Chris to see if I should bring it in for a service and he recommended a couple of things I could do myself and talked me out of bringing it in.

That sort of service speaks volumes to me

Comment

Another very happy T.C. customer here too.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Welcome to CS, Mayhem and congratulations on your decision to dive into Giotto ownership.

Youre lucky to be in Melbourne, coffee capital of Australia (and home of Talk Coffee). As a Giotto PP owner and Talk Coffee customer, I would highly recommend both. Chris is a gentleman as well as knowing everything about all things coffee, has a sensational little "shed" packed full of wondrous machines that make my eyes go   and   , and (not as well publicised) roasts some beautiful coffee. (Thanks for the beans from my last trip down there, Chris - they were sensational.)

One thing, Mayhem, if you havent got a good quality grinder, you may walk out with a Kony-e as well! (Love the Kony-e, Chris.)  ;D

Cheers,
              Greg

Comment

Thanks everyone! What a great welcome.  I have Talk Coffee on my radar and will be messaging Chris any second now! Lovely to have so many first hand recs. And looking forward to showing off the new hardware!

Comment

Hey Mayhem,

Another person you could speak to is Julie from Coffee-A-Roma, who is also the site sponsor. I dealt with her with my purchase of my existing Rancilio Silvia and Rocky Doserless about two years ago on eBay, and shes been really helpful.

She also has a showroom too, which I doubt she will have any issue providing you a tip on how to use the Rocket Giotto.

I am looking to upgrade my Silvia in the next month or two too, and I got in touch with her two days ago. Shell be away until Jan 12th.

Good luck on the purchase! Dont forget to post your experience for us soon-to-be Rocket Giotto champions!

Comment

Giotto and Mazer Mini combo is just awesome.

I too got mine form Coffee-A-Roma.

Nice people. They even opened up special so I could pick mine up...twice. Once for the Machine once for the grinder.

Chris from coffee talk is worth talking too as well.

Comment

Mayhem and her partner joined the Talk Coffee Giotto owner family just before Christmas 8-)

Thanks for supporting us Mayhem.

Chris

Comment

A quick update - as Chris indicated above, we joined the Giotto family just before Christmas. We pretty much started pulling great shots straight away, but had trouble mastering milk. Well, finally my better half worked out the trick of that and we are now blowing away friends and family with the "cafe quality" of our hot beverages. We love, love, love our Giotto. I was a little worried at first that maybe it was just going to be a bit of a wank purchase, sitting on the bench looking shiny, but we use it at least once a day and have awesome coffee and its going to be an integral part of our kitchen redesign. Anyone who is thinking of investing, we highly recommend Chris and Talk Coffee. He was endlessly patient with us, always available and his coffee is also fantastic. We need to stock up on more, including his amazing Decaf.

Comment

Working...
                        X