Bezzera / Livia 90s Group head solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera / Livia 90s Group head solenoid

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help out with a solenoid issue, my group head solenoid has stopped releasing under pressure and i am wondering if it is a coil issue or relay playing up.  
    Pulled it out as you do and it was clean and looked good internally.  
    20 seconds after pulling a shot it will release on its own and a small amount of water will be released, when back flushing with a blind filter there is no chance once the pressure builds and it may take up to an hour before i can move the handle. I am wondering if it could be the coil and if this can be tested with a multimeter or the relay and how to test.  
    Dont want to order a $100 3 way Siria solenoid and still have the same problem or find out that a $25 coil would have done the trick.  Can the Siria be replaced by a Parker or Lucifer valve? Plumbed in valve with hollow stem discharge.  
    Cheers  Nathan

Re: Bezera / Livia 99s group head solenoid

Originally posted by 4867726E67685956697472060 link=1292599728/0#0 date=1292599728
    Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help out with a solenoid issue, my group head solenoid has stopped releasing under pressure and i am wondering if it is a coil issue or relay playing up.  
    Pulled it out as you do and it was clean and looked good internally.  
    20 seconds after pulling a shot it will release on its own and a small amount of water will be released, when back flushing with a blind filter there is no chance once the pressure builds and it may take up to an hour before i can move the handle. I am wondering if it could be the coil and if this can be tested with a multimeter or the relay and how to test.  
    Dont want to order a $100 3 way Siria solenoid and still have the same problem or find out that a $25 coil would have done the trick.  Can the Siria be replaced by a Parker or Lucifer valve? Plumbed in valve with hollow stem discharge.  
    Cheers  Nathan
    Symptoms sound as if sticky or teh spring has lost tension ?

When activated the coil will energise AND when de energised teh Spring etc will attempt to return the slug to teh standard position.

When you say clean ?? How clean was teh slug and the bore that it travels in... A slight bit of scale / rust / gunk is all that is needed to bind the slug... I always polish with a pot scourer and also do the bore that the slug travels in..

If the coil is Open CCT then DEAD... Other than that the resistance can be different.

Comment

Re: Bezzera / Livia 90s Group head solenoid

Yep sticky valve, can and should be replaced with parker or lucifer (sirai are only good at making pressure switches)

Comment

Thanks for the advice, will look at replacing. I keep it very clean and it looked good when stripped. Do you know the equivalent Parker or Lucifer or if any of the sponsors stock in AUS. Orig Sirai is L377V03C, 1/8G Viton. Attached PDF data sheet for checking specs
        Cheers
        Nathan

Comment

as long as its a 240v threeway it will fit site sponsors sell them or shop around

Comment

Nathan;

Importunately, we do not have one in stock at the moment but;

Pedro from coffee parts has the 3 ways solenoids Parker
            http://www.coffeeparts.com/misc/solenoids.html

and Chris from Barazi has the Sirai,
            http://bezzeracoffeemachine.com.au/product-range/spare-parts/solenoids

get in contact with them, they should be able to help you.

Regards and Merry Xmas

Renzo
            Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

Working...
            X