Quickmill superautomatic MOD.8700 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickmill superautomatic MOD.8700 ??

Hi guys, may have access to a Quickmill MOD 8700 superautomatic.  Anyone know what theyre worth or if theyre any good? Cheers for any help.

Quickmill 8700 http://translate.google.com.au/trans...%26prmd%3Divns

Re: Quickmill superautomatic MOD.8700 ??

Im not familiar with the QM in Australia. But in my experience superauto equates with superordinary coffee so I wouldnt bother.

Comment

Ive searched and searched but can find much info nor a price on what these are worth. I also would need a user manual.

I can pick it up for a low, low, low, low, low price.

Comment

Not a good machine, parts are ridiculously expensive build quality is poor as mentioned coffee quality is sub standard. Keep your money

Comment

Originally posted by 3B2A244F0 link=1294816953/3#3 date=1294828720
          Not a good machine, parts are ridiculously expensive build quality is poor as mentioned coffee quality is sub standard. Keep your money

truth be told, its gonna be tossed in the skip. So the asking price is $0.00, lol. I would really love a look at a manual to see if it has any adjust-ability settings etc (cleaning also) so I can throw in some fresh roasted beans and see if I can get anything out of it anywhere near what I get from my EM6910. Seeing as though its about a million times quicker than making one on my sunbeam, it could be very handy to have around. Guess I should maybe try emailing them direct or an Aus supplier?

Comment

Jeez - I thought the big name superautos were crap but this one must be a doozy. I spose you could always have a fiddle and see what happens.

But if you do get something close to what you get out of your Sunbeam then I would seriously consider throwing them both in the skip.

On a more serious note I would be very careful pulling anything with an electrical cord still attached out of a skip and plugging it in.

I note you are also in Melbourne. If I see a puff of smoke and read in the news of a dude fatally attacked by a coffee machine I will know your experiment was less than successful.

Comment

At $0 its still overpriced, You could try the importer but it will cost you the price of a decent SH Silvia for them to look at it

Comment

Originally posted by 4859573C0 link=1294816953/6#6 date=1294871890
                At $0 its still overpriced, You could try the importer but it will cost you the price of a decent SH Silvia for them to look at it

The machine is in working order, ran a few shots of stale beans through it last night. I just want a manual so I can backflush/clean it up etc. Anyway, Im going open it up take a look. Probs start pulling wires out and disconnect stuff, yknow, see if I can barbecue myself.

Originally posted by 50594A594E5F4E59515D3C0 link=1294816953/5#5 date=1294832621
                Jeez - I thought the big name superautos were crap but this one must be a doozy. I spose you could always have a fiddle and see what happens.

But if you do get something close to what you get out of your Sunbeam then I would seriously consider throwing them both in the skip.

On a more serious note I would be very careful pulling anything with an electrical cord still attached out of a skip and plugging it in.

I note you are also in Melbourne. If I see a puff of smoke and read in the news of a dude fatally attacked by a coffee machine I will know your experiment was less than successful.

didnt come from the skip, straight from the office into my van, in working order. I know how to work with electricity, Im a tradesman. Have successfully stripped down my sunbeam once upon a time (with excellent help from CS members) so the internals of these are not completely foreign to me.

Comment

ok so Ive pulled out the grinder and the brew head. Grinder wasnt too bad but the brew head/shower screen is obviously hideous. Needs a new group seal o-ring also. So Im contacting the company direct to see if I can get a manual and maybe a new seal. If i can get those bits, Ill give it a thorough clean out and chemical backflush(if possible) and see what I can achieve. There are coffee grinds all over the place inside. :-? I will take pics along the way.

Now understanding how these autos work, I can see why they might struggle to make a "good" coffee compared to a traditional style espresso machine. Interesting all the same.

Comment

Pics would be great! Wouldnt mind seeing inside one, would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 525D4554454045240 link=1294816953/9#9 date=1294916867
                      Pics would be great! Wouldnt mind seeing inside one, would be interesting.
                      yep, I love looking inside. Will it be cool to post pics of the internals? Will the company be p!$$ed off do you think?

Comment

Comment

I assume youve gone to this page and clicked on the download tab?
                          http://www.quickmill.it/MyIndex.php?Lang=ENG&Menu=Prodotto&id_prod=40

It then asks you to log on, but also gives you the option on filling out a simple form to become a registered user. I assume from there you can get the manual online.

Otherwise just email them and ask them to send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 21202A392722384B0 link=1294816953/12#12 date=1295013690
                            I assume youve gone to this page and clicked on the download tab?
                            http://www.quickmill.it/MyIndex.php?Lang=ENG&Menu=Prodotto&id_prod=40

It then asks you to log on, but also gives you the option on filling out a simple form to become a registered user.I assume from there you can get the manual online.

done it, no registration confirmation yet.
                            Otherwise just email them and ask them to send it to you.

Comment

someone mentioned today that this machine was around $5k when purchased new, does that sound right?

Comment

Working...
                              X