Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4000W on a 10A circuit?!

Hi all,

Have been seriously considering getting my hands on an Expobar Minore III for the home. I love the tweakability/ubergeek factor and those twin boilers get me all rather... errr... welll... lets just say the machine gives me the fizz (apologies to James May)

One thing that really works for me is the fact that it is built to run on a 10A circuit, thus making it ready to plug into a regular household socket and presto!

Having looked closely at the specs I noticed that each boiler has a heating element rated at 2000W. Now, in my math, 2 x 2000W = 4000W and that sounds like a lot to run off a 10A circuit.

So here are my questions:

Will it need a dedicated circuit all to itself or will it run happily alongside the kettle and toaster? You know, the kind of aplliances usually also to be found in ones kitchen.

or

Would it be better to install a 15A circuit just to play it safe?

Thoughts anyone?

Re: 4000W on a 10A circuit?!

the two boilers dont run at the same time

Comment

Thats correct one boiler heats first, usually is the steam first and then the coffee one.

Regards

Renzo

Comment

Bruce,

in that case you may also want to take a look at our Junior Extra 2 boiler PID machine.

We are happy enough with it to have replaced our former "cupping lab" HX Junior Extra machine, with the PID ExTRA only yesterday after putting it through its paces for a number of weeks.

It is very precise, and we run our cupping lab next to the roaster.

Depending on your price bracket you may also stretch to the Alex Duetto...correct me if I am wrong (I didnt plug it in and we have a 10 amp and a 15 amp outlet side by side in the training room so dont know which one it went into) but think it it also is a 10 amp machine.

Regardz,
        Attilio
        very first CS Site Sponsor

Comment

PID machines are often set to prioritise the brew boiler and then attend to the steam boiler when possible.

The Alex Duetto does that or can priortise the steam boiler if preferred, but it can also be configured (via the PID) to attend to both boilers simultaneously where 15A is available. Its in a different class to the Minore III though. It draws a tad more than 10A when configured to 15A. In testing, this is irrelevant unless youre really hammering the machine.

I like the Minore III but again its in a different class to the Junior Extra dual boiler as well. It all comes down to how tight the purse strings are.

Wheres mine Attilio? Looking forward to a play

Chris

Comment

Yes Attilio, wheres that thread with piccies? 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 415F474A5C5F44452B0 link=1295933468/5#5 date=1295943185
              Yes Attilio, wheres that thread with piccies?  8-)
              Yes PICS please
              Originally posted by 7D4245425F4A58584E2B0 link=1295933468/0#0 date=1295933468
              Will it need a dedicated circuit all to itself or will it run happily alongside the kettle and toaster? You know, the kind of aplliances usually also to be found in ones kitchen.

Even a unit that is happy with a 10A cct say 2000W means that you may only have say 400W left...

Now the unit will not always draw that amount continually, but Toasters and other heater type appliances are high current draw so expect to pop a cct breaker.

Alongside a Grinder or can opener etc and it should be OK...

Comment

Hello gents,

I wanted to be absolutely sure the model (Diadema Junior EXTRA 2 boiler PID) is ready to release.

To this end, we released two of them into captivity in my local market with two interested gentlemen and with whom we have kept in contact, and we kept one on the bench in our Training Room with various devices attached to track its capability. What we worked out with our machine, we passed on to the others so they could update their set up.

The excercise was well worth it and as stated above weve just put one into our professional cupping lab to help with our roasting.

As a consequence....Chris your machine will be on the way down to you by Friday, and we will have to start that thread.......

Bruce, previously there was no alternative to the Minore. Our model presents an alternative so now there are two for you to look at in a "similar" price bracket and for you to make up your own mind as to which may suit you better (we sell them both for that reason)!

Regardz,
                Attilio

Comment

Working...
                X