Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of Vbm junior and mazzer mini

Hi,

I recently bought a sunbeam 6910 and grinder on sale. It was an impulse buy.

I think I would much prefer a hx machine. I have my eye on a Vbm junior and mazzer mini.

Is there any one on here that could post some pictures of this set up in a standard sized kitchen?

I have troubles visualising it when looking in the shops, and there are other machines around and the benches are much larger than a standard kitchen.

Would-be greatly appreciated.

Bary

Re: Pic of Vbm junior and mazzer mini

Hi Bary

I dont think that anyone has a standard sized kitchen and photos arent likely to provide much assistance.

May I suggest making up a few cardboard boxes to the same dimensions of the equipment and setting those up on your bench?

Comment

Gday Bary,

Allow around 100mm more width than you currently use and you will be fine

Comment

EM6910 - 245 wide x 345 high x 280 deep

VBM - 225 wide x 400 high x 350 deep

I currently own a Jr and previously a 6910. The most significant difference b/w the two is the depth.

The Jr is about as compact as you can get for a HX machine. It doesnt sacrifice anything with its small size and is an awesome machine; a huge step up from the Sunbeam.

Comment

Yeah it is the depth I am most worried about, it has been the biggest driving force for the Vbm. I thought it was 400mm deep?

I am hoping to put it into a corner of a u shaped kitchen.

I think the cardboard box idea is a good, and will do that.

The stated depth of the mazzer generally includes the grounds tray, which isnt required?

If anyone does have a pic I would still like to look, could excuse for people to show there nice setups

Regards
          Bary

Comment

Right you are, just checked my machine. 400mm high & 400mm deep.

Comment

on the website, check out the pic of my kitchen..
              mod edit link removed

not the greatest pic, but I have a very small bench space, being an apartment (and cabinet height is very low) and the VBM fits there nicely...doesnt get in the way.

With the grinder positioned to the left of the machine, you dont need any extra width for operating the steam wand (because the grinder sits toward the back of the machine, so the steam wand can project in front of it).

Comment

Yeah that does look really good. The size fits nicely.

I appreciate the picture.

Bary

Comment

Originally posted by 332B252C2C39400 link=1296022915/6#6 date=1296074751
                  on the website, check out the pic of my kitchen..
                  link removed
                  Strange link, if I didnt know better I would say it was commercial.

Comment

Working...
                  X