Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBM Domobar Super Power light

Hi all,

I purchased one of these yesterday and everything is perfect bar one small item...

The power light, top right of the bevel, glows orange :-?

It seems kind of weird as the shell of the light is green, the relatively useless manual states that it is green, and the Scottie videos on the ECA website show the machine he is using having a green light. :-?

As stated, everything else is fantastic, making me wonder if it is a warning light of some sort or just an errant globe placement...

Any ideas?

Chris

Re: VBM Domobar Super Power light

Congrats on the purchase and you must have felt some satisfaction posting in the Point End section. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I remember someone else mentioning this. Not sure if it was a VBM Super but Im pretty sure the advice was dont worry about it or change the globe. Ill see if i can dig up the post

Comment

Originally posted by 68627760606F7B7D0E0 link=1296197092/1#1 date=1296199899
      Congrats on the purchase and you must have felt some satisfaction posting in the Point End section.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
      Thanks Steve, and yes, nice looking room this one!! ;D
      Originally posted by 68627760606F7B7D0E0 link=1296197092/1#1 date=1296199899
      I remember someone else mentioning this. Not sure if it was a VBM Super but Im pretty sure the advice was dont worry about it or change the globe. Ill see if i can dig up the post
      Cheers mate, I have been surfing through but havent managed to find anything, hence the post.

Appreciate your help.

Chris

Comment

My Super light is exactly as yours, orange with an outer greenish tinge to it. Has been since new. Wondered about it at first but hasnt put a foot wrong in six months, so Im not complaining. Dont stress just enjoy, makes great coffee.
        Cheers.

Comment

Thanks Wayne, good to know there is another one like this.

Thought it didnt matter, but I have emailed the sponsor that I bought it from just to verify. I guess Ill hear from him tomorrow.

And yeah, it makes fantastic coffee!!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 7E766E64791D0 link=1296197092/0#0 date=1296197092
            The power light, top right of the bevel, glows orange  :-?
            Gday Chris....

Congrats on the new purchase mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Most likely, the Power On light uses a Neon globe, which typically glow with an Orange Colour. Such being the case, there is nothing to worry about as its quite normal

Cheers,
            Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal

tis a lovely big shiny thing ;D

You can see what I mean here. The shell itself is green but the glow is orange.

Photos of others I have seen are full green. Odd.

Comment

Definitely looks like a Neon to me mate so all is OK.

Possibly, they do machine runs at the factory with what ever stock is available at the time. When yours was made, they had a heap of Neons to use....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 7F52565A573B0 link=1296197092/7#7 date=1296399386
                  Definitely looks like a Neon to me mate so all is OK.

Possibly, they do machine runs at the factory with what ever stock is available at the time. When yours was made, they had a heap of Neons to use....

Mal.

Yeah, you can see it now....

"Oh bugger, we are out of green globes....here chuck this in, do you think they will notice?"

All said in perfect Italian of course  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 5D554D475A3E0 link=1296197092/8#8 date=1296458643
                    Yeah, you can see it now....

"Oh bugger, we are out of green globes....here chuck this in, do you think they will notice?"

All said in Italian of course

"Oh sodomita, siamo fuori di globi verdi .... qui mandrino in questo, pensi che si nota"

PS. I never liked the RED or Green OR Yellow.

Got a couple of Blue ones imported from the UK

Comment

Originally posted by 517E7775625D717E7177757D757E64100 link=1296197092/9#9 date=1296459800

"Oh sodomita, siamo fuori di globi verdi .... qui mandrino in questo, pensi che si nota"

PS. I never liked the RED or Green OR Yellow.

Got a couple of Blue ones imported from the UK  
                      Nice AM ..... or should I say bellissimo!!

The orange glow is fine, but yeah a blue one would look kinda cool.

It would match the screen on the M4D nicely ;D

Comment

Congrats on the new machine - yeah, my power light is green/orange too, no big deal.

What I would love, though is a light that tells me Im *about* to run out of water, instead of one that tells me I *have* run out, usually halfway thru a shot

Will have to check out your new baby when I pick my beans up soon..

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by 4647191C2B0 link=1296197092/11#11 date=1296516817
                          Congrats on the new machine - yeah, my power light is green/orange too, no big deal.

What I would love, though is a light that tells me Im *about* to run out of water, instead of one that tells me I *have* run out, usually halfway thru a shot

Mark
                          If I am correct: The water reservoir sits atop a spring loaded stainless steel plate. Under that plate is a switch.

When the reservoir get low, the springs will push the plate up and trip the pressure switch under it, killing power to the machine save the low water lamp.

My DCM was also a touch sticky after I added some sound proofing...  User generated fault.

Thus I was at Super cheep Auto and grabbed a replacement spring and replaced and it goes off with still a couple of inches in the tank.  However the DCM does not KILL ASAP  but flashes all lights for what appears to be a pre-set time / allows you to finish a shot. Have never seen when steaming - so unsure.

HAVE also not tried to continue or to pull a shot with all lights flashing so it MAY just kill the heating, as the pump still runs.

I guess a smart person could re wire yours so that it kills power to the elements, Rather than the whole machine     Could be a neat Mod / Upgrade if done correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by 71702E2B1C0 link=1296197092/11#11 date=1296516817

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Having yours on my bench that time a while ago may have had something to do with the choice ;D

The water out warning and moving cups off the top completely to refill are the only drawbacks but ones I can live with.

Even the Sunbeam had a low water warning not an out of water warning.

Comment

Yeah, its a small price to pay, otherwise love mine to bits!

Comment

Working...
                              X