Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expobar Office eb-61 leva or Isomac Tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Office eb-61 leva or Isomac Tea?

Hi all,

Ive got upgraditis.... Ive been told the only cure is a new machine... So Ive just upgraded my grinder em0480 to a mazzer mini doser.

This has improved the coffee from my sunbeam 6910 three fold.. Nothing wrong with my sunbeam (1 yr old) but ive got an itch that needs to be scratched....

Im torn between the EXPOBAR. Office E61 Leva, and the ISOMAC Tea (with the cool touch arms)

I need to put a limit on my budget otherwise the better half will not be happy, even if the coffee is to die for   (hopefully eventually)

I live in Adelaide and can only find one sponsor that has both (coffee craft) so i will go try them out...

Does anyone here have preferences to either Ive looked at the features and the expobar seems to have bigger heating element, boiler size, but most things are very similar. And I know its not all about the individual parts but the complete package..

Both seem very similar.. So any help would be FANTASTIC  

But.......... and its a big but..I dont want to upgrade again. I only make 2-4 coffees a day with the occasional 6-8 for friends etc. So i figure these 2 should cover it

Thanks in advance

Re: Expobar Office eb-61 leva or Isomac Tea?

Hi
    I just bought an Expobar E61 HX single boiler and am very happy with it

some nice features are:

cool touch steam wand
    mine came with single and double portafilters
    can be plumbed-in or not just by rotating a valve knob
    huge dip tray
    good price
    20 min warm up time

hope this helps you in the choice

bye

Comment

Originally posted by 474A43260 link=1296650603/1#1 date=1296666856
      20 min warm up time  
      I beg to differ.

Ive been using my Expobar for a few years now and Ill tell you the same thing I tell all new users...it may feel hot but its not ready to make you a good coffee.

The correct time is somewhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
      I cant be bothered figuring out the exact number so mine is always switched on 1 hour before I need it to ensure its ready.

Some proof: My machine is on a timer. If It has turned itself off and I manually turn it back on after say an hour, it still feels very warm but after 30 minutes heating back up from this warm start it will not make a good coffee.
      Summary: If heating for 30 minutes from a warm state will not make a good coffee then heating for 30 minutes from cold cannot!

A great machine though Ale - enjoy!!!!

Comment

You could do worse than to read this thread

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1240742933

Comment

Actually I cant see why you wouldnt look at one of our Diadema / BFC Junior Plus machines!

Regardz,
          Attilio.
          very first CS site sponsor

Comment

Thanks Atillio but in Adelaide I cant find someone who sells them

Originally posted by 5F6B7C6A71465A767F7F7C7C190 link=1296650603/4#4 date=1296694350
            Actually I cant see why you wouldnt look at one of our Diadema / BFC Junior Plus machines!
            And after looking through them, I seem to like the expobar and tea still....

Originally posted by 7A7C6B607A7D65670E0 link=1296650603/3#3 date=1296687006
            You could do worse than to read this thread

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1240742933
            thanks for the link, I had had a read of that...
            I think ill just have to go for a play and see what happens...

Cheers

Comment

Hello Wonder,

I am with Attilio on this one.

To look in this price bracket and to not look closely as the 1.3L Diadema models and (in my opinion) the VBM Domobar Junior as well would be to underdo it.

Its easy to get seduced by a couple of machines on a bench, but there are great sexy machines and some very average machines which look similar to the untrained eye, but will make the process difficult rather than easy.

Its the stuff you dont see such as HX design and how flow to the group is configured which makes differences. There are also other visible differences which can affect usability.

Ask your bloke to tell you what he doesnt like about the machines and then you will be making some progress towards choosing the right machine for you- and thats what its all about.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Id like a VBM domobar junior for $2k.... but alas im unable to find one.. If you know where i could get one that would be great...  

The Isomac Millennium is in the price range, but its so similar to the TEA I wont bother. Oh and the Diadema Junior extra is nice but again out of my $ range.

Thanks guys for making me want to spend more $$$$$$

Comment

Gday "wonder"....

I dont think anyone is trying to get you to spend more money. Quite a few Site Sponsors are selling the Diadema at incredibly attractive prices at the moment, as per this link....

http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/s...a-junior-plus/

Would be short-sighted in my view to not take advantage of these current deals

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 567B7F737E120 link=1296650604/8#8 date=1296742457
                    Would be short-sighted in my view to not take advantage of these current deal
                    Agreed,

According to Attilio, all Junior semi-autos are now sitting with Diadema dealers and once theyre gone, there will be a gap in supply. We have a few left at similar prices (read substantial savings over retail). In my opinion, these represent remarkable value and are a superbly finished and engineered machine. Theyre my favourite machine in the low $2k bracket.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 405859535245370 link=1296650604/7#7 date=1296715066
                      The Isomac Millennium is in the price range
                      Thats only true of the grey imported, non cool touch wands, non Aussie Electrical complianced, sans HX restricted version. The Isomac Millennium Due is the version that ticks all of those boxes.

Not all HXs perform the same, even when they come out of the same factory and look similar. Burnt, bitter coffee is not my thing. So we sell the Due versions of the Isomac range, Diadema/BFC machines and Expobar among others.

charlie

Comment

I live in Adelaide and bought my VBM Domobar Jr from Chris in Melbourne. Could not be happier with the service & product. I agree with others you should consider the Diadema or for slightly more the VBM.

On the other hand, pop out and see the guys at Coffee Craft, they stock more than what is shown on their website. Last time I was there they were selling Bezzeras but dont think theyre listed on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by 7D65646E6F780A0 link=1296650604/7#7 date=1296715066
                          Id like a VBM domobar junior for $2k.... but alas im unable to find one.. If you know where i could get one that would be great...

The Isomac Millennium is in the price range, but its so similar to the TEA I wont bother. Oh and the Diadema Junior extra is nice but again out of my $ range.

Thanks guys for making me want to spend more $$$$$$
                          Hi Wonder
                          I moved from VBM Domobar single boiler to my first HX machine "Isomac Tea" form there I now run a Expobar Minore III Twin boiler both of these machines performed great where it counts in the CUP..If your Dollars dont go any higher in my opinion you will be happy with ether Isomac or Expobar Leva..

Cheers Gra..

Comment

Thanks for the opinions.

Unfortunately Im not a big fan of the Bazzeras or  Diademas (except for the Junior Extra), the look as well as the functions is important to me.

So at the moment its the Isomac Tea or the Vibiemme domobar Junior.

cheers

wonder

Comment

Working...
                            X