Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade bug - Machines under $3000

Hi Everyone,

I got hit by the upgrade bug . Currently I have a Bezzera BZ99 (About 12yrs old

I have narrowed it down to the following (no particular order of preference)
    - Giotto premium plus
    - Expobar Millenium 3
    - Diadema Unicor Splendor
    - Diadema Junior plus
    - Isomac Mondial Due

I realise there are some differences in pricing but I just want the best machine under $3000. Any obvious winners here?
    My requirements in order of importance are:
    - Taste/Consistency
    - Durability/Build quality
    - Foam
    - Aesthetics
    - Easy to maintain
    - Quick heat up time (under 30 minutes)
    - Price/Resale value

What is not terribly important:
    - Ability to make large number of coffees. Though I am sure all these can do this well.
    - Size of the machine
    - Size of drip tray

Thanks in advance!

Re: Upgrade bug - Machines under $3000

Each of these machines will have fans who will say they are the best. Look at they and try them out - find the best one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 5753544C5F593A0 link=1296780688/0#0 date=1296780688
      - Taste/Consistency
      - Durability/Build quality
      - Foam
      - Easy to maintain
      - Quick heat up time (under 30 minutes)
      I honestly don’t think there will be a huge difference between these machines in the above factors.  You should buy from a vendor who bench tests the machines before selling to ensure they are finely tuned.  This will probably make a bigger difference than between the different models.

- Expobar Millenium 3
      Do  you mean the Minore III by any chance?  This machine is more complex than the others with its dual boilers and pid set up.  Some may argue that the more complex, the more can go wrong.  I cannot comment either way as I don’t have experience with this machine.

- Price/Resale value
      Giotto is the clear winner here, excellent resale value.

- Aesthetics
      Completely subjective and up to you.  I really don’t like the look of the Giotto but most seem to love it.

You could probably add more to your list but I realize that would be a hinderence rather than a help at this point!  Go to a sponsor that sells all/most of the above machine.  You probably can’t go wrong with any of them and you’ll know once you see the machine you want!

Comment

They will all make excellent espresso.

Some will heat the water faster when you drain the boiler than others because they have a higher wattage element, but the difference will be seconds not minutes, some will have a bigger boiler, some a bigger water reservoir or drip tray.

Some you will like the look of and some you wont. Your best bet is to visit a sponsor and see them lined up next to each other, ask them what they dont like about each machine.

For what its worth, when I did the same exercise you did I got the Giotto 8-)

Comment

Yep... sorry.. I meant minore III. I am starting to lean away from it. Not sure about thebuild quality?

Aesthetically, I find the Splendor is best. Awesome looking. But I am unable to find much info on this.

Can anyone recommend a sponsor in Sydney area that can show me (or maybe even let me play with) these machines?

Comment

Hello mc,

To see all of the machines on your list, chances are youll have to visit Jetblack, Di Bartoli and Cuppacoffee.

You might also consider shortlisting the VBM Domobar Junior.

2mcm

Comment

Working...
            X