Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbm domobar junior...... is here

Finally... (just kidding Chris)

My Vbm Domobar junior has arrived.... Im so glad that i spent the extra$$$ and got this.. (upgraditis is cured)

its beeee u tiful... Unfortunately I dont have the time to play with it till next week

I must thank Chris from Talk Coffee, for his advice and knowledge in regards to all things shiny and heavy...

And everyone Elses knowledge on this board which has helped me on my path to the holiest of holies (??? God Shot    ) ...

No,  but I will be asking lots of questions in regards to any issues I might have  

Its a bad phone photo, but I havent even taken the protective cover of it as yet.... aaaargh its killing me

N.B.

Gday "wonder"...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Can you keep image size to a maximum of 600(W)x800(H) pixels please mate? Larger images can slow down page loading considerably, especially for people with limited bandwidth connections.....

If you are unsure about how to easily resize your images,
    this link will hopefully assist .

Thanks,
    Mal.

Re: Vbm domobar junior...... is here

Lovely machine mate... Congratulations [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I dont think I would be able to wait more than five minutes before I started to get her ready for her first shots. Have fun....

Mal.

Comment

Congrats Wonder and thanks for the kind words.

I wish you many godshots...

Enjoy! 8-)

Chris

Comment

Sorry and Thanks Mal.

Comment

Cool!
          Its great to see these machines are so popular. Mine was one of the first, and is now over 18 months old & still going strong.
          If I had the choice again, I wouldnt change my mind.

Now my technique is perfected, Im looking at a grinder upgrade to make the most of the VBMs abilities

Comment

Originally posted by 130B050C0C19600 link=1297408741/4#4 date=1297822521
            Now my technique is perfected, Im looking at a grinder upgrade to make the most of the VBMs abilities
            Youve gotta do it Skelly. You wont believe the difference.

When I first got mine I used it with my Sunbeam grinder for a while. When I got the Mazzer Mini, it just took my coffee to another level. A friend of mine recently bought the same machine and she used the Sunbeam for a while until her Compak K3T was in stock and she couldnt believe the difference. I know the Rocky is a better grinder than the Sunbeam, but you will still notice a huge difference when you upgrade.  

Congratulations wonder, youre going to love the VBM. Mine is now 12 months old and I love it more than ever.

Comment

It looks great and has awesome potential...

But the goose driving it at the moment, isnt doing so well.....

too fast pours, too slow and choking pours.. Over dosing, under dosing..

grind too fine, too coarse...

then theres the tamp pressure..... Aaargghhh...

Ive done pretty much everything except get it right...

The frothing of the milk isnt too difficult, but I find I need to keep turning the steam wand open more and more while steaming milk otherwise it loses steam pressure then dies completely....Is this normal???

But Im making some "OK" coffees occasionally.... Its only 2-3 weeks old so it can only get better..

I think I need to take my Mazzer And VBM Jr somewhere and get some lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by 435B5A505146340 link=1297408741/6#6 date=1297903461
                Hi Wonder, that sounds like a winner. In regards to steam power if Im steaming my large jug for two 280ml lattes the boiler gauge will drop below .5bar but will continue to steam. I have not run out of steam yet and Junior is past his first birthday. It may be that your boiler temp is set a tad low.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by 504849434255270 link=1297408741/6#6 date=1297903461
                  Hi wonder. Getting some lessons would be a great idea.
                  Firstly let me say that what your going through is completely normal.
                  Im surprised your milk frothing is fine - it took me 3-4 months to nail the milk.
                  In the interim - until you book in some lessons - you need some consistency in your grind/dose/tamp ritual. A good place to start is the instructional videos on the ECA website. They are very informative and can be a good starting point.

Above all relax (the coffee and milk comes out better when youre relaxed) and dont lose hope. You have a great combo, and with the right direction/training you will be making consistent awesome coffee.

Also dont forget to always use fresh beans...

Comment

In case you dont have it already, theres a good instructional manual for the VBM machines.. Im pretty sure its this one:
                    http://www.espressocare.com/PDF-Files/VibiemmeCompleteManual.pdf

Originally posted by 6B6C67676C7D7D090 link=1297408741/5#5 date=1297895490
                    Youve gotta do it Skelly. You wont believe the difference.
                    Im heading to Italy this year. I wonder what theyll make of a Mazzer in my hand luggage? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 677F7178786D140 link=1297408741/9#9 date=1297921709
                      In case you dont have it already, theres a good instructional manual for the VBM machines..  Im pretty sure its this one:
                      http://www.espressocare.com/PDF-Files/VibiemmeCompleteManual.pdf
                      Thank you for the kind words... (I created the manual for the US importer). 8-)

The manual covers the Domobar Super machines, but much of it should be valuable for the Jr. as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 083B343E23051D745A0 link=1297408741/10#10 date=1297924199
                        Thank you for the kind words... (I created the manual for the US importer).  8-)

The manual covers the Domobar Super machines, but much of it should be valuable for the Jr. as well.

Great manual Randy, very informative particularly about adjusting pressure and temp.

Enjoy you new machine Wonder, they is a fantastic bit of kit. Give us updates about how you progress.

Chris

Comment

Oh good manual Randy     Got that on my computer...

Hows it coming along...Slowly slowly slowly.... I purchased some beans from a Supermarket and theyve caused me nothing but grief... Pour takes 20-25 secs, ground fine enough so not to choke it, but im getting NO crema, well maybe a small amount in a 30ml shot glass 2-3mm.. sweet f*@% all... Its coming out dark and blonding around 20 secs.. Im trying to be consistent with my dosing and tamp pressure but its a little up and down..

So no more crap beans.. If I can take that variable out of the equation I might become a little more consistent. Then it will be tamp pressure and dosing.

Ah the joys of coffee   

Comment

Oooh, supermarket beans

Comment

Originally posted by 7F776F65781C0 link=1297408741/13#13 date=1298268385
                              Oooh, supermarket beans 
                              I know.... I feel dirty, like im cheating on them by using bad bad quality beans... Please forgive me, I shall not let even one bad bean pass through you burrs again. 

Comment

Working...
                              X