Customising an Expobar Minore III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customising an Expobar Minore III

I have come across someone in the US who custom machines wooden pf handles, machine levers, nobs etc from a range of exotic timbers.

The pfs, and steam/water knobs are not a problem but the machine lever doesnt seem to allow for the plastic part of the handle to be removed.

Has anyone else tried to remove the plastic part of the lever on a Minore III?

If I cant remove it I would have to look at purchasing a new lever and forcing/braking the plastic, perhaps a pricey option.

Re: Customising an Expobar Minore III

Originally posted by 7F76682D2C1C0 link=1298334020/0#0 date=1298334020
    I have come across someone in the US who custom machines wooden pf handles, machine levers, nobs etc from a range of exotic timbers.

The pfs, and steam/water knobs are not a problem but the machine lever doesnt seem to allow for the plastic part of the handle to be removed.

Has anyone else tried to remove the plastic part of the lever on a Minore III?

If I cant remove it I would have to look at purchasing a new lever and forcing/braking the plastic, perhaps a pricey option.
    Why go to the USA ?

We have a number of Members and some Sponsors that may be able to offer teh same..

As to removing the leva knob... Have never tried. But sure that some one has.

Comment

Re: Customising an Expobar Minore III

I would guess it screws on, but may be locktite or glued.

You could try and remove it with some multigrips, probably remove the lever first, or split it in two by taking a cuttoff disc on a dremel and carefully slicing up both sides. Either way you would probably be up for a new handle So I guess make sure it is going to fit first.

Comment

Working...
      X