Bezzera Strega Lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera Strega Lever

Anyone seen the new Bezzera Strega lever? Nice looking machine. Some interesting features with a vib. pump.

Re: Bezzera Strega Lever

This is a new model lever from Bezzera

I spoke to Barazi Bezzera and they are told me that they are on order and due to arrive in Australia around May 2011

Yes it does look like a beautiful machine

KK

Comment

Now that would look superb on the Blue House kitchen bench.

I am puzzled by (in the spec.):

"The group is heated by an heating element that ensures the group thermostability"

Can anybody explain?

Comment

Originally posted by 547A6373495E79636573160 link=1299032000/2#2 date=1299043017
        I am puzzled by (in the spec.):

"The group is heated by an heating element that ensures the group thermostability"

Can anybody explain?
        There are a few ways the group is heated
        1] Direct coupling to the boiler
        2] A brass bridge
        3] Electric element

I assume that Bezzera has gone with this design for greater group temp accuracy
        So its basically saying that they use one or more electric heating elements placed inside the group head to heat it

Here is a view from the back

KK

Comment

On a German forum I read that the rrp in Europe is around EUR 1,800. They also said that they intend to put a safety sticker on it so that you dont break your jaw when your hand slips off the lever accidentally... I don;t know if the sticker will prevent that from happning!

I have to agree - its a beautiful machine!!

Comment

Several thousand shots into using a commercial spring lever and still no broken jaw : The thing I would be doing is unscrewing the lever if you are having a party to save on broken castings when the drunks let the lever slam up with no puck in >

While this is only supposition sight unseen some groups on larger lever machines run cool when not used consistently so a thermostat and the element may be to keep it up to temp ready to brew. This is fairly common on some Bezzera machines parts lists I have seen.

Comment

It looks to be of a similar size or footprint to a domestic E61 machine e.g. Gea, Galatea, VBM

KK

Comment

Looks might be deceiving- pro lever groups are very large and if that one is the normal size that would make the machine larger than it looks. I got a shock when my Faema Lambro arrive- in pictures it looked much smaller. In reality is quite a lot larger than any domestic e61 machine.

Does anyone have any specs for this machine that include dimensions?

Very keen to find out what the heated group means- and also the details of the boiler and pump system...

But so far this machine is looking pretty darn good!

Comment

Originally posted by 716D7070676C766B6C63616D64646767020 link=1299032000/7#7 date=1299308299
                  Looks might be deceiving- pro lever groups are very large and if that one is the normal size that would make the machine larger than it looks. I got a shock when my Faema Lambro arrive- in pictures it looked much smaller. In reality is quite a lot larger than any domestic e61 machine.

Very keen to find out what the heated group means- and also the details of the boiler and pump system...

Technical data  STREGA

Details Bezzera Strega:

Bezzera professional unique infuser: This professional infuser is used in the Bezzera Strega in a nice compact package.  Bezzera but also has something unique to the liver infuser developed its own heating element. The purpose of this innovative brewing: optimum temperature stability. This is essential for the perfect coffee extraction. The heating element directly heats the coffee brewing and keep it very stable.  Second, the coffee brewing while using a very stable temperature.

The classic liver / handhevel technique is to Baristas Long known for its unique advantages.:

Making coffee happens without pump pressure but with the resilience of the liver. This provides a perfect pressure in the brewing process whereby the pressure on the coffee slowly built, then reaches 9 bar pressure and at the end of the espresso shot back toward decreasing in pressure. Besides, there best pre-infusion (for soaking) of the coffee grounds, because the warm water slowly at the coffee before the extraction starts. Furthermore, you can manually arrange all this pre-infusion. By holding the liver determine yourself the best pre-infusion time.

Classical gauge for boiler pressure:
                  On the Bezzera Strega is a classical gauge placed. This is a useful tool for the barista. The gauge indicates the pressure of the coffee boiler, ideally between 1.0 to 1.2 bar. This indicates when the appliance is ready for use.

Italian design espresso machine: 

Fair is fair: the eye wants some. The front of the Bezzera Strega is adorned with the classic chrome infuser. Furthermore, this espresso machine is fully finished in polished stainless steel rugged ANSI 304 quality. This provides a beautiful Italian design and the Bezzera Strega is an asset to any home.

Steam Pipe & Boiling water tap:

Bezzera has added a few useful extras. The steam pipe and water tap operated by the "push & go" principle. By pushing the levers up youll get instant 100% power. To stop and push the lever down. This prevents twisting of cranes and that eg steaming the milk too long. Another advantage is that the espresso machine is equipped with a copper boiler full of 2 liters. This ensures large steam power for perfect milk froth. Great for cappuccino, latte Macchiatto, Macchiatto caffè, latte or hot chocolate. The water tap delivers instant boiling water handy for a cup of tea or broth. Actually, the Strega Bezzera espresso machine a complete hot drinks machine.   

Low water protection in Espresso
                  Bezzera also thought to safety. The espresso machine is a low water protection. The Strega Bezzera espresso machine off automatically when the water level is too low. This prevents it from boiling dry and fail. The reservoir filling with water, start the Bezzera again.

Coffee Cups Heater:

On top of the Bezzera Strega is a tray of coffee cups which are indirectly heated by the boiler in the espresso coffee. A big space to various coffee cups for coffee, cappuccino and espresso coffee. Heated for ceramics is essential for fresh brewed coffee. The water reservoir of the Bezzera espresso machine is handy behind the coffee cups on platter. You can leave coffee cups so if your water tank.

Automatic in Espresso Descaler:

Lime is a potential danger to any espresso machine. To avoid lime deposits, the Bezzera a copper boiler and pipes, which are less sensitive to scale. Moreover, the espresso machine is equipped with an automatic water filter to the hose in the tank is attached. This makes the water first decalcified before it is led by the espresso machine. This water filter you once every 1 to 2 months replace.

Bezzera Strega versions:

The standard model of the Bezzera espresso machine is equipped with a water container (4Lt) and pump. The pump is used to remove water from the reservoir to the boiler to lead (not coffee). The other model is equipped with fixed water connection and has no pump. Because the natural pressure of the water already provides transport in the machine. All you need is an additional water tap near the espresso machine. We always recommend the use of an automatic water filter to change the filter and clean water.

2 Year Warranty on Espresso Machines:

The Bezzera Strega has 2 years warranty. casa barista has its own technical service, letting you quickly and professionally assists. Our customers can also opt for the Premium service warranty with the purchase of an espresso machine. When a defective we provide the "Pickup, Return & Replace" from the espresso machine during the warranty period. Handy, because you can stay home and get a professional espresso machine replacement during the repair. So youre never without coffee.

Specifications Bezzera Strega:

Measurements: B 33cm, 45cm D, 71cm H
                  2 liters of coffee copper boiler
                  1400 Watt heater
                  9 bar pressure idrocompresso
                  4 liters water tank or fixed water connection
                  Weight 30 kg
                  230 Volt
                  Included Accessories:

Chrome plated portafilter with 2-runs
                  2 cups of coffee filter container
                  Blind Filter for cleaning coffee brewing
                  Plastic tamper & measuring spoon for ground coffee

Comment

Hi KK,

if you are talking to the gang at Barazi can you ask if it is a 55 or 58mm group or if they can find out. Might decide to sell the Pavoni yet ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by 3037333C343E2B3B3C35520 link=1299032000/9#9 date=1299309373
                      Hi KK,

If you are talking to the gang at Barazi can you ask if it is a 55 or 58mm group or if they can find out. Might decide to sell the Pavoni yet ;-)
                      The more I read and the amount of time spent chasing a Good lever, there might be a few about in the next 12 months (so time to save)....

The trick is for you to go for the NEW.  So that I can look at  your unit, that you will need to trade / dispose of  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 3F383C333B312434333A5D0 link=1299032000/9#9 date=1299309373
                        Hi KK,

if you are talking to the gang at Barazi can you ask if it is a 55 or 58mm group or if they can find out. Might decide to sell the Pavoni yet ;-)
                        I will ring Barazzi on Monday and when I get the answer I will post it for you

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 253924243338223F3837353930303333560 link=1299032000/7#7 date=1299308299

And
                          Originally posted by 17383133241B37383731333B333822560 link=1299032000/8#8 date=1299309096
                          Specifications Bezzera Strega:

Measurements: B 33cm, 45cm D, 71cm H
                          I think the 710 H is with the handle attached

Just to compare
                          My Bezzera BZ40 is
                          400 W X 400 H X 420 D

The Galatea is
                          360 W X 450 H X 455 D

So its a nice compact machine

KK

Comment

The manual for the Witch is now available,

http://www.baresta.com/res/bezzera_strega_manual_14a_618.pdf

And the amusing graphics to avoid a broken jaw operating a lever!

http://www.baresta.com/res/BEZZERA_STREGA_ANLEITUNG_56b_4b1.pdf

There is also a review here with a little video at the end, if you use google translate you can make a bit of sense of it!

http://espresso-prego.dreisoft.com/index.php/maschinen/besondere-maschinen/113-strega

Comment

Originally posted by 6365687169657D040 link=1299032000/13#13 date=1299657165
                              And the amusing graphics to avoid a broken jaw operating a lever!

http://www.baresta.com/res/BEZZERA_STREGA_ANLEITUNG_56b_4b1.pdf
                              I wonder if the robot in the picture comes with the machine?

Comment

Working...
                              X