Expobar Minore IV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Minore IV ?

I notice adverts on US sites for Expobar Brewtus IV & also the equivalent in UK. How long before we normally see new models arrive here?   

Expected sponsor response =  : , :-/

Re: Expobar Minore IV ?

Its already here they started coming in before Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by 5F4846064C4E4E4744454C2B0 link=1300016146/1#1 date=1300062516
      :-[  after seeing the adverts, I searched locally with no success. Ill look harder as my purchase window gets closer!

Comment

Originally posted by 793C393C6F64090 link=1300016146/2#2 date=1300091818
        Originally posted by 5F4846064C4E4E4744454C2B0 link=1300016146/1#1 date=1300062516
        :-[  after seeing the adverts, I searched locally with no success. Ill look harder as my purchase window gets closer!
        Unless a very specific need to turn off  the steam boiler  (Simple mod if needed) - I really can not see much of an improvement over the Minore III - But the new cup rails look good.

Thus where are the improvements that make it that much better OR is it really a  III  but optioned up a bit.   

Been playing with a III here for a few weeks and  once, one settles on a good steam boiler value and then re does the temp off set profile for the pid, the steam value is as good as fixed.  Gauges let ya know how things are going....  Also had to re cal via a few methods the Group Temp and  Preasure

The issue is that unless like a DCM or Others where the Group Boiler and Group are integrated, then it is always a bit of a calculated guess as to what is hitting the puck. Some can say; but what about after calibrating ? Well, the issue is time and heat transfer rates as the system is always dynamic.  Does it matter... No!

That all being said, it will be interesting to see any impact of the IV into Australia...

Comment

Originally posted by 153A33312619353A35333139313A20540 link=1300016146/3#3 date=1300095625
          I really can not see much of an improvement over the Minore III
          I Dunno AM, the blue PID looks better.
          Originally posted by 153A33312619353A35333139313A20540 link=1300016146/3#3 date=1300095625
          But the new cup rails look good
          I prefer the old ones

Comment

What a shame that they didnt use this oportunity to migrate away from the vibration pump.

Comment

Confirming that current Aussie stocks are Minore IV with blue PID display and the ability to switch out the steam boiler. A new shipment arrives at Expobar tomorrow.

They are available in vibe pump tank or rotary pump plumbed configuration.

The attached pic shows a EU one, but should give you the idea. Im assuming Minore III shorter feet and the regluar 2 hole tip.

Chris

Comment

It is very difficult to find info on this - many of the specs are just quick edits of the III and the same old things are still new.

Chris, can you decipher and test this new feature: ;D

Improved E-61 Brew Group and Portafilter

New to the forth generation of the Expobar Brewtus machines is a concave pre-infusion chamber that allows hot water to be evenly distributed through coffee grounds for superior espresso extraction. Unlike conventional E-61 brew groups, this group head directs water through the brew group in a concentrated stream. Once the water hits the center of the shower screen, it floods back up into the pre-infusion chamber before being evenly dispersed through the coffee grounds for uniform saturation during the pre-infusion and brewing process.

Comment

Wow, this looks good. Any word on Aus landed prices yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 5E1B1E1B48432E0 link=1300016146/7#7 date=1300352233
                    Chris, can you decipher and test this new feature:

Improved E-61 Brew Group and Portafilter

New to the forth generation of the Expobar Brewtus machines is a concave pre-infusion chamber that allows hot water to be evenly distributed through coffee grounds for superior espresso extraction. Unlike conventional E-61 brew groups, this group head directs water through the brew group in a concentrated stream. Once the water hits the center of the shower screen, it floods back up into the pre-infusion chamber before being evenly dispersed through the coffee grounds for uniform saturation during the pre-infusion and brewing process.
                    I think that means if we change the group by 10% and call it eb-61 we dont have to pay to use it?  :-/

Originally posted by 5C43415B42574041562E0 link=1300016146/8#8 date=1300352704
                    Wow, this looks good. Any word on Aus landed prices yet?
                    Pricing is unchanged from Aussie spec. as are feet and cup rails.

C

Comment

A friend of ours got one of these a few weeks ago, exactly the same as the Talk Coffee picture (blue PID, 2 switches), and the big sticker across the back of it says Minore III :-?

Comment

anyone know how hard it is to modify it to allow both boilers to heat at once if you have a 20A socket at home? Is there a separate switch that controls this or does it run through the control board somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by 01253F2F242D4C0 link=1300016146/11#11 date=1300751476
                          anyone know how hard it is to modify it to allow both boilers to heat at once if you have a 20A socket at home? Is there a separate switch that controls this or does it run through the control board somehow?
                          See the Supplier ;D

The earlier ones were easy to mod but can not comment as to the new ones. The issue is that if sold as 10A, then under Australian requirements would need to stay that way.

If sold as switch-over enabled (IE user option) then it would need to be supplied with a 15A or 20A plug as standard. If switched to single mode it will draw less but if switched to dual mode, then the electrical requirements MUST be in place to manage it.

If a user purchased a switchable unit that was only wired for 10A (10A plug etc) and then switched over and caused an electrical fault due to excess current; then the supplier could be in a spot of bother

Comment

Just got myself one of these today! Apparently one of the first in the state

I love it so far. Seems much easier to change the pump pressure than the older models, from what Ive heard/read about them. Not so sure about the 2 hole steam tip though... Any thoughts on an alternative???

Steam pressure came set at <1 bar, which Ive turned up to about 1.2 or so, and the pump pressure (with a blind filter) ramped itself up to about 13.5 bar I quickly reduced that to a max of ~9 bar, which was then comfirmed as the max with a few test shots

Cheers

Comment

Hi Nader

I think 9 Bar on the gauge will be too low.

Scaced my friends one - pressure gauge on machine reads 12, Scace reads 10.

You are potentially running as low as 7

By the way, what does the sticker on the back say it is, Minore 3 or 4?

Comment

Working...
                              X