Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all BZ99 users

hi all,
    ive upgraded my Gaggia Classic to a BZ99. im finding that im getting hardly any crema and my milk frothing has bubbles the size of excercise balls (ive used 3 & 4 hole tips). ive changed the grind setting backwards and forwards and tamped hard and soft. every now and again some crema appears but is usualy not repeatable. the gaggia never used to be that finicky and i always got more crema than you can poke a thermometer at.
    what am i doing wrong? i know there are a few gaggia - BZ99 upgraders amongst us. what were your experiences?

thanks
    tal

Re: all BZ99 users

Hi talbashan
    dont give up - Bezzeras are amazing machines and changing from one machine to another, no matter how good, requires readjustment.
    Are you flushing the new machine before you brew? It is necessary with hx machines to flush minus filter until the water is no longer dancing, hissing etc?
    The steam tips you are using are difficult with smaller amounts of milk- I have a coffeeparts conical 2 hole steam tip for smaller jugs- 600ml and I use the 3 hole with my 900ml jug. The 4 hole is easier with a really large jug- remember the more/larger the holes the more steam is coming out relative to the volume of milk.
    The 3 hole is ok with the 600ml with a bit of finesse
    Brett

Comment

hi brett,
      thanks for that.
      when you wrote flushing minus filter, did you mean running some water through the group head without the portafilter attached?
      ill try all that and let you know when my coffee comes back up to par and more...
      cheers and merry christmas
      tal

Comment

Originally posted by talbashan link=1167085375/0#2 date=1167096071
        hi brett,
        thanks for that.
        when you wrote flushing minus filter, did you mean running some water through the group head without the portafilter attached?
        ill try all that and let you know when my coffee comes back up to par and more...
        cheers and merry christmas
        tal
        Yep , minus the filter handle- hx machines require an hx cooling flush. The machines have water from the boiler circulating around the head to keep it warm. When the machines are used in commercial settings as thery are intended, the head doesnt get a chance to over heat. I may have parts of this wrong!
        See this link:
        http://www.home-barista.com/hx-love.html

Brett

Comment

thanks brett, thats a great article.
          tal

Comment

Working...
          X