Isomac Tea Due vs VBM Domobar Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isomac Tea Due vs VBM Domobar Junior

I am looking to go from an Sunbeam Em6910 up to a HX machine...

While I have visited some of the site sponsor stores a few months ago I have forgotten some aspects. Unfortunatly I live a long way from any of them so I can not see these machines on the bench so the best I can do is visit one web review after another. Ovbiously there are some differences with steam wands and overall size of the machine.

I was going to go with the Isomac Tea Due based on its price till I read a series of web reviews which claimed that it had cheaper internals and many people have found that if they are left on they can can have dramatic explosive failures???

Can anyone comment on how each of the machines are finished in the flesh (they kind of look very similar from the pictures I have seen). Is the VBM a vastly superior machine for the money?

Re: Isomac Tea Due vs VBM Domobar Junior

Originally posted by 515D475C46404B405D5341465740320 link=1301110470/0#0 date=1301110470
    I am looking to go from an Sunbeam Em6910 up to a HX machine...

While I have visited some of the site sponsor stores a few months ago I have forgotten some aspects. Unfortunatly I live a long way from any of them so I can not see these machines on the bench so the best I can do is visit one web review after another. Ovbiously there are some differences with steam wands and overall size of the machine.

I was going to go with the Isomac Tea Due based on its price till I read a series of web reviews which claimed that it had cheaper internals and many people have found that if they are left on they can can have dramatic explosive failures???

Can anyone comment on how each of the machines are finished in the flesh (they kind of look very similar from the pictures I have seen). Is the VBM a vastly superior machine for the money?
    I can only say that the early Tea had a few distractors...

As to the reviews you mentioned, without more detail would not like to make a call.

I have a personal leaning towards the VBM but have not had enough first hand experience with the new Tea Due to make any call.

Then again you could always just look here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1301107658/   

Comment

Originally posted by 5C504A514B4D464D505E4C4B5A4D3F0 link=1301110470/0#0 date=1301110470
      Hi countryroaster,

Finish-wise theyre comparable. But you do get what you pay for. In my opinion, both machines represent good value for money at each of their respective price points. The real question is, given your requirements and budget, which machine is the best "fit" for you. Happy to have the conversation to help you work it out,

charlie

Comment

Hello countryroaster and welcome.

There are quite a few Isomac owners who are very happy with their choice of espresso machine. However, in the world of espresso machines, it is a fallacy to believe that you get what you pay for.

Personally, while I agree that appearance wise the Tea is similar to the Vibiemme Junior, I have yet to see an Isomac product that I would be happy to range.

I do not believe they are as well designed internally as the Vibiemme Junior and this ultimately translates to what is in your cup.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me.

Den

Comment

In which case you should also take a serious look at the Diadema Junior Plus Levetta especially if you can get yourself to a site sponsor where you can see them all next to eachother.

Its only my personal opinion and yes I am the importer of the Diadema but I think you will find an even more excellent design, build and finish with the Diadema and then its over to you to make your own decision.

Regardz,
          Attilio
          very first Cs site sponsor

Comment

Thankyou all for your advice,

To quote where I saw the reviews it was coffeegeek.com
            http://www.coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/isomac_tea
            I guess when it comes to reviews you can always find someone who has had a particular bad experience with a machine and it is usually those who are most willing to let the whole world know about it while there are probably thousands of very happy cutomers, who have probably learnt how to use their machine properly...

The reviews posted above do not have many details on what version of the machine they are talking about and may be talking about a completely different version...

In terms of my search I am finding that while there are many people who like the Tea Due but there are lots more who think that the Domobar junior is the one to go for...

Comment

Originally posted by 7D716B706A6C676C717F6D6A7B6C1E0 link=1301110470/5#5 date=1301223017
              In terms of my search I am finding that while there are many people who like the Tea Due but there are lots more who think that the Domobar junior is the one to go for...
              Youd be doing yourself a disservice though mate, to not check out other machines within the same price bracket, if you can. Im with Attilio (naturally enough, as I own a Diadema machine), you should check out Diadema machines for sure but also Bezzera and possibly the new Nuova Simonelli "Musica" - Seems like a decent enough machine too.

Focussing in on only a couple of machines from the outset may result in your not exploring other options that may suit your requirements even better.... You never know

Mal.

Comment

Gday countryroaster,

I have just gone through the same dilemma as the one your having.. I upgraded from a sunbeam to a VBM Db Jr.. I was also looking at the Tea Due (and an Expobar office leva).
                But after seeing them all in the flesh, doing some more research (and spending a litttle bit more $$$), I went for the vbm jr..
                If your lucky enough to have some of the excellent sponsors near where you live, its definatley worth going in for a play..
                But for me in the end, I went for the quality of product but "ultimately" the way it looked.
                Because in the end I have to see it everyday and I wanted to like what I saw ( even if it wasnt the "best" as i could have spent more but had to limit myself somewhere).

Dont forget your grinder............. :

Comment

Working...
                X