Olympia Cremina Coffee machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympia Cremina Coffee machine

I recently bought an Olympia Cremina lever coffee machine from Switzerland. It produces awesome crema!
    Is there anyone else out there that has one of these amazing machines or knows of someone that does?
    kratos 06

Re: Olympia Cremina Coffee machine

Have a look on Home-Barista.

That machine has a cult following, with a bunch of devout owners/followers on that forum.

Comment

Hey,
      as a noobie here, really excited about the prospect of sharing with all you guys!
      kratos06 - congratulations on the Olympia... very jealous!!!
      can you tell me if you are still happy with it? really interested in purchasing one of these and dont know if i should go for a used one from the US on eBay (concerned about the 110v) or to go all the way and import a new one - will at first glance probably cost around $4500 after import duties... OUCH!
      suggestions or thoughts gratefully appreciated.
      x

Comment

Originally posted by 393C363F0C3E3221382620530 link=1308302389/2#2 date=1309313647
        dont know if i should go for a used one from the US on eBay (concerned about the 110v)
        Id be wary of purchasing any machine from eBay unless you could inspect it first.

I did manage to inspect one once and quickly decided against it once Id seen it in the flesh.

Comment

thanks for the advice Thundergod... any particular reason you didnt go with the machine?
          (ie was it really bad condition? too much work? boiler broken? etc)
          really just dont want to spend money i dont really have on something i will regret later.
          cheers,

Comment

When I got there it wasnt connected to the power so I could see it working.
            It was still on site in a former pizza shop but goodness only knows how long since it was last working and why it was disconnected.
            From memory the external pump may also havfe been missing.

The guy selling it knew nothing about the machine.

The description was better than the reality.

Im guessing he found it when he took over the premises and decided to try and sell it to make a few bucks rather than pay to dump it.

I wasnt about to buy a pig in a poke. 

Comment

My advice to you Joel would be to keep your hands firmly planted inside your pockets and dont let them out to pay for incorrect voltage stuff bought from the US market for use here in Oz, notwithstanding avoiding to purchase any second hand electrical equipment sight unseen especially from o/s.

Otherwise, anyone that has never seen a nice new red Cremina in the flesh hasnt lived. It is undoubtedly one of the best finished small coffee machines I have ever seen and its standard of build & finish makes some others look positively aweful if not like they are built out the back in someones chookyard  ;D

That said,....you have to be prepared to pay the ransom....

Regardz,
              Attilio
              very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by 152136203B0C103C35353636530 link=1308302389/6#6 date=1309418379
                My advice to you Joel would be to keep your hands firmly planted inside your pockets and dont let them out to pay for incorrect voltage stuff bought from the US market for use here in Oz, notwithstanding avoiding to purchase any second hand electrical equipment sight unseen especially from o/s.

Otherwise, anyone that has never seen a nice new red Cremina in the flesh hasnt lived. It is undoubtedly one of the best finished small coffee machines I have ever seen and its standard of build & finish makes some others look positively aweful if not like they are built out the back in someones chookyard  ;D

That said,....you have to be prepared to pay the ransom....

Regardz,
                Attilio
                Thanks for that... it looks like i will be saving my pennies for a brand newbie.
                Any idea if there is anyone is Aus who actually imports them, or am i looking at trying a site like londiniumespresso.com and hoping that i dont get too ripped off?
                thanks so much for the advice by the way... really helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by 566A776C666770656D66020 link=1308302389/5#5 date=1309417159
                  When I got there it wasnt connected to the power so I could see it working.
                  It was still on site in a former pizza shop but goodness only knows how long since it was last working and why it was disconnected.
                  From memory the external pump may also havfe been missing.

The guy selling it knew nothing about the machine.

The description was better than the reality.

Im guessing he found it when he took over the premises and decided to try and sell it to make a few bucks rather than pay to dump it.

I wasnt about to buy a pig in a poke. 
                  again, thanks mate. appreciate the advice.

Comment

I have one
                    I bought it in Australia (240 v) and restored it completely - Powder coated the frame and body and replaced all the seals. That was it, one of the easiest restorations Ive done. A beautifully built machine which makes great coffee.

I you want a machine thats acknowledged as being the best built lever on the market then go for it.

But, If you want the best coffee its not necessary to spend so much.

I also own a Caravel, Micro Casa, Mini Gaggia plus some commercial sized levers and an E61 pump machine for the crowds. All make great coffee.
                    Of all these, the Micro Casa makes the best coffee and is the most " tunable " It brings out flavours in coffee that no other machine Ive used can. Its also very well built.

John

Comment

Originally posted by 33343A590 link=1308302389/9#9 date=1309604602
                      I have one 
                      I bought it in Australia (240 v) and restored it completely - Powder coated the frame and body and replaced all the seals. That was it, one of the easiest restorations Ive done. A beautifully built machine which makes great coffee.
                      Wanna sell it?

Hahahaha... But no, seriously!

Comment

In addition to home use I reckon a Oly Cremina would be ideal for a caravan/motorhome, not many used ones come up locally though, but I suppose if one can afford a Winnebago then one could afford a newie.

Comment

Yes that about sizes it up VicR

Joel,
                          Re possible Australian agent:

I initiated a dialogue with the manufacturer 2 or 3 years ago with a view to looking into establishing market for the Cremina in Australia.

At the time, the discussion failed because the manufacturer expected to charge retail price for a (admittedly small) quantity buy. I dont expect there would be any retail sales made after a further margin was added to cover the cost of import, spare parts and service backup, and fair profit.....

So unless someone else tried since then, at the moment it would appear the only way is to go it alone and import direct.

Clients also need to realise, despite the kind of *artiifcially inflated* level of interest generated in these site for these specilised products, the volume of real sales opportunites will usually be very very low and not really worth someone who wants to sell real numbers, taking them on. The manufacturers realise this.

I would expect if the manufacturer has since found an Australian importer, that any direct enquiry to Switzerland would be quickly passed on to the local contact.

Expect to pay the ransom

Rgdz,
                          Attilio

Comment

Originally posted by 5B5E545D6E5C50435A4442310 link=1308302389/10#10 date=1309616599

Wanna sell it?

Hahahaha...  But no, seriously!
                            No way ! Actually I would, if I thought there was any chance of replacing it.

John

Comment

Hahaha...
                              Sorry John, always worth an ask. I would never give up one of my babies - that would be a sacrifice too hard to bear!
                              If anyone ever comes across one, either on here or somewhere else, I would love the opportunity to be a proud father of one myself.
                              I have thought long and hard about all of the other choices around regarding lever machines. Its the one for me that follows the best function, size, and form (design) for my needs.
                              Funnily enough, I have been working with both commercial and domestic machines for about 20 years, but never owned anything other than a stovetop (both Greek and Italian versions).
                              I finally want to take the plunge (forgive the pun) and purchase a machine for home, and now (just my luck) cant find the one I want... Hahahaha!!!!
                              I know that patience is a virtue, so will just have to wait for "the one". Ive waited this long, I can wait a little longer. :P
                              Thanks for all the advice guys. Anyone else who has one, I would love to hear of your experiences with these amazing machines. Its always good to hear stories.
                              Any photos of renovated or new machines would also be appreciated.
                              Cheers,
                              Joel

Comment

Working...
                              X